“Nice surprise with great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Nice surprise with great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Flavorful meal. I had the chicken fajitas instead of tge sunday brunch. Fresh and spicey! A large group cane in and they still served in a tinely matter. My fav part was the homemade sweet potato chips! Do try!

Albuquerque, Nm
“Good local find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went to Calientes for the first time tonight. We found the service to be very good; our waiter was personable and attentive but not hovering. The chips that were brought out with the salsa were a little stale but the ones with the appetizer of queso fresco were must fresher. We liked the queso--it's different than the "typical" New Mexican queso. This queso itself was not spicy as it usually is, but it had pieces of chorizo in it that lent it a very good flavor. I had the chicken chimichanga with papitas (potatoes) and beans as sides. I found everything to be really flavorful. The chicken was very moist and the green chile had a kick to it but was not too hot. I would have preferred the papitas to be a little crispier, but I forgot to request that. Oh--I also ordered the guacamole and sour cream on the side and it was done as I requested. My boyfriend got the carne pollo asado burrito (similar to a fajita burrito) and enjoyed it as well. He ordered both red and green chile and found both to be very good--and he's quite the red chile aficionado.

The portions were VERY large. We both had leftovers. I thought the prices were very reasonable--our dishes were $8.00 each. It seemed most of the items were in that price range.

We will definitely go back. We're always happy to support local businesses!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This unassuming restaurant in a strip mall is WAY better than some of the big name places like Sadie's. Choice of side dishes. Delicious tamales. Homemade sauces Very friendly if a little slow service. We will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque
“Wonderful discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Very good service. The couple of dishes I have tried were outstanding, even including the sides. And the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited May 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
“EXCELLENT QUALTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Very fresh and the best Mexican food in town.
Owners and staff accommodating.

• Visited May 2012