“Celebrate Special Occasions Elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #200 of 1,535 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Pizza
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Celebrate Special Occasions Elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had dinner at Luca a couple of weeks ago to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. The waiter knew the occasion which was being celebrated. My husband ordered a slice of cake – which showed up on our bill. It seems a small token to comp a dessert – so if you’re celebrating something special, this is not the place. Overall, the service was fine and the food was good, but portions were very very small and quite expensive. I ordered a meatball calzone – it was stuffed with tomato sauce and only 4 small meatballs for about $12. So while the food is tasty, it’s a poor value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Poor Management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I really love this place but am getting tired of the same old reply, "sorry but are out of this wine" or "sorry but your table drank our last bottle of that wine". This is the fourth time in a row that the waitress makes excuses for not having the wine requested because they sell so much wine! If that is the case, then why not stock up on more of advertised wines? Food was excellent, service very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really good food and service too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Salad dressing was freshly made - not store bought and you you tell and taste that in other foods they served.
Baked ziti was a hit as was the pizza and chicken Parmesan. Only disappointment was they were out of cheesecake but the cannelloni was a good replacement. Will go back again. Waitress was friendly, attentive and personable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Awesome pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tried this place for the first time. Had their pizza and salad for lunch. Being from NY I am very fussy about pizza. I learned the owners hail from NJ so I ordered pizza and salad for lunch. It was unbelievably good. The crust was perfect and the sauce was tasty and a balanced with the right amount of cheese. The salad was fresh with a nice balsamic dressing on the side. It's a repeat experience when I am in town!

Visited August 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Not too bad food but ridiculous 'management'”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Figured a simple scheme: Call in an order and pick it up. Girl at other end hung up right away by mistake I guess, then couldn't figure out an item I was requesting. I was looking at their website but she didn't know about it. ?????!!! It was just freakin pasta w/ oil as a side. Anyhow she calls me back while I'm driving to ask me more about it??? I go in and this is where my skill of patience helps save me from acting like an indignant jerk. The reality is quickly obvious from seeing her efforts, talking to her, and seeing the 'help' the manager. She has been working for an hour or two, VERY new. Trying desperately to make sense of me asking for something that is not on their simple paper menu or on her order computer. Well here meanders the manager, the guy that apparently never trained her, with a REALLY spaced out look, holding a dirty dish and kinda shuffling around. I'm a customer there at their front, I should be picking up my order, not trying to show them what they show as their menu online, and anyhow its just freakin noodles w/ oil and I want to get the damn simple order in! He vaguely mumbles somethings to her, apparently requires a completely bizarrre computer process that includes a blank entry and having her type out 'angel hair pasta' as if its a new creation. This manager literally walked away in mid 'help' because he was too busy 'sorta' bussing a single plate from a table. He showed he cares nothing for good service by way of anything like training, and when the situation was demanding his quick decisive and apologetic attention he just wandered off looking a bit 'off'. Poor girl and I'm glad I didn't get pissed at her. And I'm not pissed at him either because maybe he just got a death threat from the Mafia and was understandably distracted. I mean its possibility. If not Luca-get it together!

• Visited July 2013