“Hey! It's not the Ritz!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Albuquerque North

You added Studio 6 Albuquerque North to your Saves list
Studio 6 Albuquerque North
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   4441 Osuna Road NE, I-25 at Osuna, Albuquerque, NM 87109   |
Ranked #103 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Magdalena, New Mexico
“Hey! It's not the Ritz!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love this place, and have visited many times in the last two years. Although my background is San Francisco and Houston, I now live 2 1/2 hours away on a ranch on the Plains of NM, and must come to Albuquerque for supplies and all the extras. I stay over because a five-hour round trip is too long, and staying here is like a mini vacation. The staff has always been friendly and efficient. No they don't dote on you but they get you into a room ASAP. The in-room kitchen accommodations are more than adequate and well equipped with range, micro, full fridge, coffee maker, and dishes. No hair dryer, well gee whiz. The bathroom floor tiles might be chipped. Gosh. Look at the price you pay folks! No, the mattresses are not new, I usually take the bedspread off (kind of heavy duty), I ask for a spare flat sheet to then place over the blanket. I doubt any motel washes the blanket or bedspread each time so I do this everywhere. I have been granted late checkout, the wifi is $3.95 extra, but if you don't want to pay, a Starbucks is just across the Interstate. The grounds are lovely and well maintained, and although it is just off I-25, it is always quiet. As a woman traveler, I always feel safe here. I make my reservations online and the front desk staff always has accommodated me in, and are aware of, my requests. Hey, for the money it is great and the location is close to about everything. You can bring your pets in, though I never have. I have paid three times more and not had the amenities. If someone had a problem with rudeness, perhaps they should look at themselves first. For my money, this place is home when I am in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: I like upstairs and on the end.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
phoenix, az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've had to beg for housekeeping service every week I've been here. Every WiFi access code I was given was wrong, even after reading it back to the (very rude) guy at the front desk and being told I wrote it down correctly. I've had trash on my bathroom floor for 3 weeks, since before I moved in, and nobody's touched it. No one has cleaned the counters, either. Called today for the 3rd time to get someone to take out my trash and used towels, and the front desk clerk told me I would have to call back in the morning to talk with the manager and hung up on me while I was in mid-sentence. They allow dogs but say that the housekeeping staff are afraid of them so they won't service the rooms, even when they know that there are no pets in the rooms. The managers are very nice and seem to be accommodating, but not a single thing they have told me has materialized. I even confirmed my reservation with the general manager, who took my credit card number, and I received a call several days later saying my room needed to be confirmed with a credit card. The excuse they gave was that when a reservation was put in their computer system, it never stayed there until it was confirmed twice. You can't count on the office being open on time - the staff seem to get to work as late as they feel want to.

Room Tip: I woke up yesterday in my non-smoking room with my hair reeking of cigarette smoke. The non-smoking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear livingart,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and guest service conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Brunswick, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't Believe The Price! Mattress Is A Bit Punishing, And We Requested "No Sprays" In The Room Ahead Of Time, But They Couldn't Accommodate That Request. But Once We Checked In, We Could Request No Maid Service. Quiet, Convenient Location. Despite The Non-Smoking Policy, We Were Subject To Smoke Drifting Out Of Our Neighbors Window.

• Stayed September 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked 8 nights and received the weekly rate. When I opened the bed I notice what looked like blood stains on the side of the mattress, so I went to the office and asked for a different room. The other room was just slightly better, the mattress was cleaner but a few stains on the carpet, also looked like blood. I mainly chose this place because it is supposed to be pet friendly and because of the kitchen. The kitchen was extremely small, you can't really prepare any food there, maybe just warm up things in the microwave. My biggest complaint is that I received no cleaning and no towels or toilet paper the entire time I was there. I went to the office to question why I didn't receive clean towels on Tuesday like they had told me I would be getting. The lady at the front office was extremely rude and said it was because I had left the dog in the room, so if they come and I'm not available at that time they don't come back. She also said I could bring the dirty towels myself to the office and they would give me clean ones, which of course I didn't do. Friday was supposed to be the housekeeping day, but again no one came to knock on the door to clean anything, I was there the whole day. On my way here I had another bad experience at another Motel 6, but not as bad as this one. Because of this, I will never be staying at any type of Motel 6 again. There are much better places for the same price and with better customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always choose the Studio 6 wherever it's available because they truly are "pet friendly" with no unexpected "unfriendly pet" conditions. The staff in Albequerque were very nice (helpful and cordial) and were able to accomodate my request for an upstairs, sunny room (so my cats could have a good window view) and arranged for rooms nearby for the family and friends who came out during my stay in Albuquerque. Other guests were friendly as we passed each other while taking our daily walks, met in the laundry room, etc. The rooms are very comfortable for a long-term stay with the fully equipped kitchen, nice bathroom, clean laundry room and easy parking choices. The location is very good for sightseeing in all directions....I will definitely return!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in Albuquerque -- clean, cheap, queen-size bed, and you get a kitchen for a good weekly rate. Can't beat it. Less than one mile from a much more expensive hotel where my annual conference is held, and you do not even get a refrigerator there for more than twice the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was a little leery about going here because I had heard some of the long-term residents were a little sketchy and that the police were here a lot. Well, the police did show up to serve a search warrant on a resident while I was here, but apparently they didn't find anything. They were searching for stolen property. In any event, I really didn't feel unsafe while I was here. The service was good and the room is excellent for the money. It's about half the price of the glitzy hotels in the heart of town. I loved having the fridge and kitchen while I was there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Studio 6 Albuquerque North? Share your experiences!