“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Vegan

Thai Vegan
5505 Osuna Road, Albuquerque, NM 87105 (Raynolds Addition)
505 884 4610
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Got off two planes, went straight to the no.1 rated Tripadvisor restaurant in Albuquerque, and we were not disappointed. Family is quite picky/critical, and everyone was wowed to the point that they want me to drive back 2 hours roundtrip from Santa Fe just to go again.
We cannot compare it to any local restaurants, but we eat out a bit and Thai Vegan rated very, very high.
Sauces were not at all generic, good appetizers (especially the chili sauce dumplings), mains were fantastic, Tons of garlic in the garlic veggie dish.
To be fair, banana spring rolls were great and crispy on outside, but I think I detected a doughy taste on the inside.
Beautiful decor, good service.
Great way to start a trip.

• Visited April 2013

BUENA VISTA
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had our first opportunity to dine here just before Easter. The entrees are freshly prepared and served hot. Do order an appetizer, as the entrees served with salad are not heavy.
We tried the stir fried vegetables and cashew "chicken" No meat is served here. Tofu is the protein. It is flavored to taste like shrimp, chicken or pepper steak. The wait staff is attentive.
Try it@

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ohio
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm not even vegetarian, much less vegan - but I really dig Thai food and cook it a lot myself. Based upon good recommendations from yelp, urbanspoon & tripadvisor, I tried Thai Vegan and it was awesome. I had Shrimp Spinach Noodle (organic spinach noodle in green curry sauce with soy shrimp, salsa, red cabbage, carrot and cilantro) and it was one of the most delicious curry dishes I've ever eaten (and I eat curry a LOT). Plenty of food - stuffed - dinner + jasmine tea was only $14. Next time I'm in Albuquerque, I know exactly where I'm going for dinner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Droitwich
“Great for meat eaters too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on overnight stopover. We both try to eat mainly fish or vegetarian and wanted to try this out. It's quite a small restaurant so you're packed in tight. Lots of good choices and their meat substitute tofu and soy were really good. Wish meat substitutes in the UK were this good. I would happily become fully vegan if I could eat at Thai Vegan each day. Recommended for carnivores too.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“One of the best restaurants in ABQ. Worth the stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My favorite vegan restaurant in ABQ, and definitely in my top three overall. I don't always eat vegan, but this is a great place when I'm in the mood. Fast, casual service, fresh-cooked food, creative menu, and extremely tasty. It's great that the chef has taken time to create such a great menu with healthy ingredients. They CARE about their customers.