“I want to like El Bruno's.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Bruno's Restaurante y Cantina

El Bruno's Restaurante y Cantina
8806 4th St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114-1408 (Raynolds Addition)
505-897-0444
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“I want to like El Bruno's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my third time at El Bruno's. I want to like it. I like the way it looks. I appreciate the staff which is friendly and tries hard to please. We were there on a Tuesday night. There were definitely diners.

The first time I ate at El Bruno I ordered red chile enchiladas with carne adovada. I liked the fresh red chile. It was tasty and it had some heat, though not overwhelming by any means. I went there to eat thethe fresh red which had been highly recommended to me.

The second time I had the red chile enchiladas. I was disappointed. I thought: well I should have ordered the enchiladas with carne adovada.

Tonight I ordered the same dish I had the first time. The fresh red has without character and certainly had no heat.

The other two in my group felt the same. Their food was just undistinguished.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Better Choices for Mexican in Albuquerque”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been to Bruno's twice in the last six months and came away disappointed both time. Food is average and service continues to be weak. It took :15" to have someone acknowledge or presence at our table and take drink orders. Then we waited more than :30" for our meals to arrive. To top it off, the ice water they served tasted and smelled bad. Very noisy too. If you are not a fan of the roaming guitar players, stay away from this place. Nothing bugs me more than to have they guys coming to your table to play music while you are trying to have a discussion over dinner. Just a mile or so down the road you will find Sadies for mexican, which is a far better choice in every aspect.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tijeras, New Mexico
“Real New Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

El Brunos a New Mexican favorite (now in Albuquerque, yay!!) never disappoints! the food is as delicious as ever!! A little on the expensive side but you leave well satisfied!
The atmosphere is quite nice and the service is friendly.
My recommendation is: anything on the menu!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“El Bruno's Restaurante y Cantina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first time at El Bruno's since they moved to Albuquerque.
We were not expecting much more than the typical New Mexican restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised with our whole experience at El Bruno's. The hostess was friendly and fast with getting us a table. The waiter was also friendly and fast. Best of all was the food! El Bruno's truly serves home style New Mexican cuisine. This is by far the best New Mexican food we have had in several years! We ordered the Fiesta platter for 2. There was a variety of New Mexican favorites; beef taco, carne adovada, rellano, tamale, enchilada, spanish rice, beans, and a sopapilla. Every item was done just right! In addition, the atmosphere and price were favorable too. When we have guests visiting from out of state, we will bring them to El Bruno's to experience REAL New Mexican food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Food good, service slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My enchiladas Herrera were pretty good, but luke warm when served. My husbands carnitas were delicious. It took a Long time to be served, and then a long time for them to bring the check. We would go back and give them another chance, though, because the food was tasty.
The green chile was good and very spicy. Order on the side if you aren't used to eating spicy food.

• Visited October 2012