“Went well except for the room above us” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guest House Inn & Suites

You added Guest House Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Guest House Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Mulberry Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport)   |
Ranked #85 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Rochester, Minnesota
“Went well except for the room above us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I felt adequately safe here; it was easy on/ easy off the interstates as well. It is clear, though, that the area is not meant for walking.

Our room was fine as far as decoration; breakfast was adequate. The outdoor pool was not open, nor would we expect it to be.

There was a great deal of noise from people walking in the room above us. While I do not know this, I would guess that this structure was built as another franchise and that CI&S purchased it at some point. It is not one of their stellar properties - but neither is their price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Booked 2 nights at this property on a popular app. When I got into Albuquerque and checked in, I was a little curious about the empty parking lot. The lobby was nice and the staff was as well. My surprise was when I got upstairs. Stained peeling wall paper that led to my room. This place needs a complete remodel. Every other Country Inn I have stayed was modern, clean and fresh. Not here. Stained walls, cheap furnishings, dirty bathroom floor and bowl. Dirty ice machine in the hall. Not what I expected. Plus, I had to change rooms due to my first room causing me to sneeze and get nasal congestion. I was able to get the second night cancelled (after 8 ours and multiple phone calls) and I will post soon on tonights stay at another brands property. So, until this place gets remodeled.. look elsewhere.

Room Tip: No Comment here, sorry..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!
ADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stay at Country Inns quite often, but this one was in the worst location. The neighborhood looks really rough and its not really close to any restaurants. I kept looking out my window to make sure my car was ok. The room was ok, and most of the staff were pretty nice. I think I would pick a hotel in a better location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a club carlson member and had never stayed in this hotel. I had some reward points and decided to use them while taking my daughter to the airport for her to go back to college. It was a place to sleep for a very inexpensive price. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood, and when we walked in there was a girl at the front desk who didn't acknowledge us and called for a clerk. The check-in was smooth, but that first impression was not good. The room was dated and the carpet had plenty of stains. At about 11pm a family must have checked in above us with a herd of children. It was loud for a solid hour, then at two in the morning a car alarm sounded, as I looked out the window I saw a man running away from the parking lot. The stay was unpleasant.

On a good note, I called Club Carlson, and they gave me my reward points back, so I was very happy with their customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I am the GM of a hotel. This hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed at. It was very clean and the staff was welcoming. I really liked the young man who checked me in. He was friendly and outgoing.The hotel sits back in a residential area and our room was very quiet. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The room had dirty/stained a pillowcase on the bed with someone else hair on it. I went to the front desk to ask for another. Te font desk informed me they had no other pillows to give me. Needless to say I left the dirty one at the desk. The windows on our ground floor room was difficult to lock and it took some pounding to get it closed enough to lock. the security rail lock has been moved so far back it does not secure the room. The maid for our room #105 does not clean corners. The hot water had to be run for a very long time before getting into shower or using sink. This is very wasteful. While the breakfast is OK the presentation stinks Bacon stuck together, scrambled eggs in big lumps like it was heated and thrown into serving dish with no other effort made. While the staff is pleasant this is NOT good service. None of my complaints was addressed while I was a guest.
DO not plan to walk in the neighborhood as it does not look inviting

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms with windows that open.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Please do not stay here!!! Unclean rooms unsafe neighborhood!! Nothing like the pictures. Rooms were filthy and disgusting, could not wait to get the hell out of there. We stayed here for a early morning flight out of the Sunport, we woke up to a surprise that would come to ruin our entire upcoming trip. Our vehicle had been broken into and all of our children's belongings were stolen. The front desk was not helpful at all. Yes, I know it was our fault and should have not left our belongings in the vehicle, but I expected a little bit of compassion from the staff. The General Manager Elizabeth is a vile person, she was of no help and should not be working in hospitality. Elizabeth told my husband that it was our fault and to please not bother her again. So in short of having to stay in a flea bag hotel we also had the pleasure of experiencing the amenities a flea bag hotel has to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. Please know we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Been to Guest House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!