“Neighborhood didn't feel safe” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #97 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
ADA
“Neighborhood didn't feel safe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stay at Country Inns quite often, but this one was in the worst location. The neighborhood looks really rough and its not really close to any restaurants. I kept looking out my window to make sure my car was ok. The room was ok, and most of the staff were pretty nice. I think I would pick a hotel in a better location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a club carlson member and had never stayed in this hotel. I had some reward points and decided to use them while taking my daughter to the airport for her to go back to college. It was a place to sleep for a very inexpensive price. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood, and when we walked in there was a girl at the front desk who didn't acknowledge us and called for a clerk. The check-in was smooth, but that first impression was not good. The room was dated and the carpet had plenty of stains. At about 11pm a family must have checked in above us with a herd of children. It was loud for a solid hour, then at two in the morning a car alarm sounded, as I looked out the window I saw a man running away from the parking lot. The stay was unpleasant.

On a good note, I called Club Carlson, and they gave me my reward points back, so I was very happy with their customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am the GM of a hotel. This hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed at. It was very clean and the staff was welcoming. I really liked the young man who checked me in. He was friendly and outgoing.The hotel sits back in a residential area and our room was very quiet. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The room had dirty/stained a pillowcase on the bed with someone else hair on it. I went to the front desk to ask for another. Te font desk informed me they had no other pillows to give me. Needless to say I left the dirty one at the desk. The windows on our ground floor room was difficult to lock and it took some pounding to get it closed enough to lock. the security rail lock has been moved so far back it does not secure the room. The maid for our room #105 does not clean corners. The hot water had to be run for a very long time before getting into shower or using sink. This is very wasteful. While the breakfast is OK the presentation stinks Bacon stuck together, scrambled eggs in big lumps like it was heated and thrown into serving dish with no other effort made. While the staff is pleasant this is NOT good service. None of my complaints was addressed while I was a guest.
DO not plan to walk in the neighborhood as it does not look inviting

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms with windows that open.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Please do not stay here!!! Unclean rooms unsafe neighborhood!! Nothing like the pictures. Rooms were filthy and disgusting, could not wait to get the hell out of there. We stayed here for a early morning flight out of the Sunport, we woke up to a surprise that would come to ruin our entire upcoming trip. Our vehicle had been broken into and all of our children's belongings were stolen. The front desk was not helpful at all. Yes, I know it was our fault and should have not left our belongings in the vehicle, but I expected a little bit of compassion from the staff. The General Manager Elizabeth is a vile person, she was of no help and should not be working in hospitality. Elizabeth told my husband that it was our fault and to please not bother her again. So in short of having to stay in a flea bag hotel we also had the pleasure of experiencing the amenities a flea bag hotel has to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. Please know we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we hope you will give us another try in the future!
Helen, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is located more so in a residential area then anything else. We saw no restaurants to walk to other than burger king. It is a gated hotel. Upon arrival, the lobby is very, very beautiful and rustic and it is very large and spacious. ALmost too spacious. This hotel has a Southwestern theme to it. Their reading library is almost non existent. Only a few books. The pool is outside and no jacuzzi. We arrived at close to 12 am midnight. Hotel seemed very quiet. The only thing was that at 7am we heard someone banging. The sound was horrendous. It shook the walls. The sound appeared to have come from front desk. Not sure if it was a door or someone slamming shut some doors but it was strange.

The front desk was very friendly. Amber and her relief (young guy) were very nice. When I got to the room, the furniture in the room has a strong southwestern theme. But furniture is not quite what you are used to with Country Inn and Suites standard. There is a beautiful tall credenza or microwave nook. That is a nice touch. But lamps next to bed are the older kind. When inspecting one of the beds, I noticed a little piece of paper sitting near pillow... when I pulled back the cover, I could not believe my eyes. I counted over (15).......yes............over (15) strands of hair in bed. I am not talking about pubic hair. I mean long strands ranging from milimeters to 5 inches. But what is ironic is the bed next to was flawless. No hair at all in bed. Which suggested to me one thing. Housekeeping did not change these sheets. I am only speaking from my own perspective. Maybe houskeeping is given too many rooms to clean or maybe they didn't care. But I was absolutely repulsed. I also did not feel right walking around floor barefoot. The carpeting looks very soiled and was not vacuumed. I called to get another room, amber never apologized she just swiftly got me another room. Which the beds were better but I just went ahead and slept in my regular clothes cause I felt the same about carpeting in this room. I did mention to clerk to inform her management regarding the hair strand issue. No one has contacted me, of course.!!! The end tables were dusty. The flatscreen sits on a low desk and is only 32 inches. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. The room uses the old heater units underneath the window. The bathroom is built quite strange. The door.....is set in frame weird. There also was a strange smell in the room. It smelled like stale tacos. I opened window and had to leave window open all night to get some fresh air.

This property seems to me to have so much potential. The friendly staff seems to be a great plus and management shows that they give proper training to their front desk regarding their hospitality skills and making sure they are in full uniform. This is obvious as good skills that they showed does not come over night. But some more attention to detail needs to be given to the cleanliness of the rooms. This would make up for where any where else the hotel is lacking.
15 strands of hair in the bed is totally unacceptable for any brand or star of hotel. No follow up was done from the management. I was just very disappointed. It seems to me as if your front desk staff is what's keeping the ship afloat. And tha's it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We will bring your comments to housekeeping so we can ensure to exceed all your expecting in the even you visit us again . To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We recently made a trip out to Albuquerque to visit with friends and had an early morning flight to back to Florida via Atlanta. So we chose a hotel chose to the airport. However we didn't know that the shuttle runs only from 5am to midnight, so this caused a good deal of worry for us as our flight was at 6:10am. The hotel itself is adequate, but nothing special. It does offer breakfast and free shuttle service. However, even the breakfast was not something we could partake in because they didn't start serving until 6am, long after we had left on the shuttle. As always I ask myself: would I stay here again?...the answer is probably not. While the service was ok, it was not exceptional. The room was fine, but not great. The shuttle service driver was a bit late, which meant and even closer connection than would have been otherwise, which was already short. I think there are better choices within a similar price range than this one.

Room Tip: We chose a second floor room, but still heard people on the floor above us. Higher I probably better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!