“Not bad for the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guest House Inn & Suites

You added Guest House Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Guest House Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Mulberry Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport)   |
Ranked #85 of 147 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tampa
“Not bad for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We recently made a trip out to Albuquerque to visit with friends and had an early morning flight to back to Florida via Atlanta. So we chose a hotel chose to the airport. However we didn't know that the shuttle runs only from 5am to midnight, so this caused a good deal of worry for us as our flight was at 6:10am. The hotel itself is adequate, but nothing special. It does offer breakfast and free shuttle service. However, even the breakfast was not something we could partake in because they didn't start serving until 6am, long after we had left on the shuttle. As always I ask myself: would I stay here again?...the answer is probably not. While the service was ok, it was not exceptional. The room was fine, but not great. The shuttle service driver was a bit late, which meant and even closer connection than would have been otherwise, which was already short. I think there are better choices within a similar price range than this one.

Room Tip: We chose a second floor room, but still heard people on the floor above us. Higher I probably better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Got in late around 2 am. Issued a handicapped room, bed was hard, pillows were hard, slept maybe 2 hours, showered and left. The bathroom was functional but the shower lacked pressure. Breakfast was open but filled with Baloon people sitting and talking all the tables were taken and nobody was eating just taking up space. The shuttle missed my appt and I had to ask more than once. Finally left. Won't ever be back. But the desk people were very nice. That didn't make up for the cost and perhaps I am a snob because I stay in so many nice hotels. This was like the most uncomfortable stay I've had in years

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel to Albuquerque for work related occasions. I stayed at this hotel for close proximity to airport and highways. It was quite and clean hotel. Breakfast needs some improvement compared to others but I think for the low cost they seem to offer adequate breakfast. I was initially given a suite room in the ground floor, after I asked for a higher floor. They accommodated my immediately by moving me to third floor suite room. The room was naturally very spacious and adequate. There were few items that may need some update but on the overall I enjoyed my stay with a good night sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

While on a recent cross country trip we stayed at several Country Inns and this one did not disappoint us. As an independently owned hotel it has strived and obviously achieved the quality of service that one comes to expect of a Country Inn. Upon check in we were greeted by a young man, Manuel, who was very friendly and welcoming. His was very confident, friendly, and professional. Likewise for the morning clerk Amber, who chatted with us while we were waiting for the breakfast area to open. She even assisted us with locating other Country Inns along our trip. Also giving us a directory of accommodations for future trips. The room was comfortable and clean. The only complaint that I can find is that on the week-ends breakfast doesn't start until 7:00. Most other Inns we stayed at breakfast started at 6:00 - 6:30 and we were able to get an early start on the road. Breakfast was hot and breakfast staff very friendly. A nice way to start the day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Leawood, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel through Albuquerque a few times each year, spending one night each visit. I've visited several moderately priced hotels and have for the most part enjoyed them. As I made reservations for my most recent trip, I noted the prices for my previous best-value hotel had continued to creep upward. While the hotel was ok, not great, it had no free breakfast - almost a deal breaker for us. On the other hand, it had a restaurant, so we could grab dinner after a 13 hour drive.

That said, I had rediscovered County Inn & Suites at two locations in Minnesota on a recent trip, so I explored it in Albuquerque. I found the nightly rate to be substantially less than my old girlfriends, but the rooms were more or less comparable. The location was very handy to the interstate and adjacent to a fast food restaurant.

The room itself was a slight step down from the best of moderate hotels, but actually typical of most of those in this caliber of hotel. The a/c unit was through-the-wall, without a wall thermostat. You can run the fan continuously or let it cycle on or off. The fan was energetic, so we chose to turn the unit off. Fortunately, the surrounding rooms were quiet and we were soon asleep.

The bedding was ok, but included a heavy quilted cover, leaving us with a choice of great warmth or just using a sheet to cover us. We used the sheet. I'll call this a toss-up in comparison to the growing trend of hotels to sandwich a blanket between a couple sheets. I don't like the sandwich approach, so the new hotel girlfriend is again a toss-up.

The powder room was fine, though there was one sink in the same room as the stool and shower. It was clean and plenty spacious. The shower was a bit of a problem. The water pressure in the shower is such that adjusting the spray pattern offered only two settings:

1. Full pressure is sufficient to cut steel.
2. If you can adjust the head sufficiently, you get to a setting that simply strips the paint off of steel.

This shower actually HURT! Oddly, the sink water pressure was not so bad.

We slept just fine, getting up early for the breakfast buffet. The selection of the buffet was ok with me - it had the fresh waffle maker, scrambled eggs, and sausage. My spouse had been looking forward to Frosted Flakes and a bagel. Sadly, the cereal selection included plain flakes and no bagels. The breakfast area was spotless and the service was outstanding.

The front desk folks were great at check-in and at check-out.

When I weigh it all, the new girlfriend, this hotel, will be at the top of my list as the standard of value when I compare her with my old girlfriends!

Room Tip: The parking lot is within a few feet of the first floor rooms on the east side of the hotel. Avoid...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Addison, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Would never stay here again...it was cheap..but you get what you pay for. If you have stayed at other Country Inn's you will be very disappointed..this place is nothing like any other Country Inn's we have stayed in..and we usually try to stay at all Country while on the road.
It was quiet and clean...no road noise. Nice desk, recliner. Small cube fridge set on the floor with a nice microwave on top with a coffee maker on top of the microwave...not very stable..could tip over. Nice atmosphere in the Lobby & Living Room.
Brkfst was awful..worst we have ever had at a Country Inn. Brkfst Room was stuffy. Oatmeal was the only thing fit to eat. 2% milk, orange juice and waffle batter was watered down. No yogurt...hard boiled eggs had black yolks and rusty colored whites.
I would never stay here again.
Toilet is so low to the floor..you can hardly get on and off it. If you are tall request a handicapped room.
Park at your own risk...iron fence all around the place...makes you think you are not in a very good neighborhood...the houses across the street looked fine to us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We selected Country Inn because of the free shuttle service to the Balloon Park, and they came through. Although we missed the first shuttle, the second got us to the park by 5:30 a.m., with no traffic delays. The drivers were all good, and we used the paid service later in the day for some sight-seeing locations. The staff was very accomodating and when my daughter decided at the last minute to join us, they were very gracious about extra towels, etc. Very comfortable beds and very clean room. Breakfast was available at 4 a.m. and it was nicely served. Only negative - nothing but fast food available within walking distance for dinner, etc. but the shuttle (for a charge) could take you to better places - and pick you up. Also, the tv was a little complicated to use.

Room Tip: Although we faced the highway the noise was minimal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Guest House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!