“COmfortable beds” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Guest House Inn & Suites

You added Guest House Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Guest House Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Mulberry Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport)   |
Ranked #84 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Gallup, New Mexico
“COmfortable beds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

. . .but the place is shabby and could really use some serious upkeep and general maintenance. My room had a leaky toilet and sink faucet, which I reported the first night. I said I didn't need a different room, if the mainenance man would take care of it the next day, which I was assured he would. We'll it never did get taken care of. Also, the carpets were filthy. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Good luck! The carpets are all filthy from what I could tell and the plumbing leaks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodations. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I cannot uderstand why they have a few bad reviews.The Country Inn is conveniently located near the airport, restaurants and shoppingabout 1o min away..Manwell was very helpful and friendly when we checked into the hotel. He gave me directions to a wonderful Mwxican restaurant named Cenvantes and continued to help my family through out the night. The computer out front was windows 8 and we were not use to it . Melissa was wonderful in the morning and explained how to use it. The hotel also had a wonderful breakfast and was very comfortable. The price was very resonable for everything the hotel offered..

Room Tip: I liked the first floor rooms near the laundry.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was NOT satisfied with anything this hotel had to offer, the breakfast was ok, the staff was rude, the carpets were old my room was filthy!! I found blood drops in the bathroom... there was no coffee and when I went to go find the breakfast attendant she was in the kitchen with another employee and they were kissing. No one in that hotel speaks english. Their shuttle says 5am-10pm but really 5:45am, in addition to all that I was late for my flight. I CANNOT SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS PLACE.

• Stayed May 2013
Canandaigua NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am really not sure how this Country Inn and Suites got any positive reviews. It is in a awkward location (kind of sketchy area). There is nothing nearby unless you want to eat at Burger King. The hotel is itself - at least the room we were in - was really unappealing. The carpeting was so old and dirty I wouldn't take by shoes off. It should have been replaced easily 5 years ago. There were specks of white something on the floor which told me it hadn't been vacuumed. The bathroom however was clean. We arrived on a 100 degree day to find the a/c wasn't even turned on. We turned it up and left for dinner and some sightseeing in Oldtown. We arrived back around 9PM to a room too hot to sleep in. After talking to the front desk person (who by the way was very helpful BUT he was the only one there handling everything) we waited....and waited....finally he came down and monkeyed around for awhile with the a/c. He got it to work better but it was still way too warm. By that time it was 10PM and we were getting up at 4:30 for an early flight so we went to bed. We didn't have the breakfast as we left too early. All in all the price was cheap - but you usually get what you pay for and this was no exception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was placed in this hotel by an airline after my flight was canceled. I had heard good things about Country Inn & Suites but this was my first time staying in one. The hotel was okay, but I wouldn't stay with them again if I were paying out of pocket. The staff was very pleasant and I appreciated the shuttle service. However, the facilities were lacking. The building, carpet, rooms are quite dated and worn-looking. **There is no wi-fi.** There is a big box Zenith TV, rather than the more updated flat screens that are in most hotels. There were no bed skirts on the beds in my room. The open box springs were exposed. The bathroom sink was outside rather than inside the bathroom. The architecture is weird. For instance, the very wide bathroom door made it difficult to get in and out of the bathroom. It actually took work to enter and leave it. The toilet may or may not flush. The light in the bathroom is connected to a very loud fan, so loud that I just used the toilet in the dark. The vending machines were near bare. Still, I felt safe and while worn, everything seemed clean. It is okay for a one-night stay, but there are probably better options out there for the money and for longer-term stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the facility and accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is located just off I-25 and right near the airport...close to travel options. Staff were warm and welcoming. Rooms were clean and beds, very comfy. Make sure you enjoy the yummy breakfast, included in your stay!
You can make your own waffles, while you also enjoy scrambled eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, cereal, toast, coffee/tea, milk and a variety of juices.
Though the hotel is set more in a residential area, there are not any "within walking distance," restaurants. This hotel does offer a variety of cuisine, that can be delivered, directly to your room, for a "bit-of-a-price."
If traveling by car, the nearest gas station is located, on the nearest "main" street, just up the hill, in the opposite direction from I-25.

Room Tip: Upper floors take you further away from Interstate traffic noise. You might possibly view "Hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishers, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms dirty, breakfast wasnt out, no coffee while the staff was sitting around talking personal, the tub wouldn't drain the toilet overflowed and the staff was rude and didn't seem to care! They never took care of any issues we had when we addressed them.

• Stayed June 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Been to Guest House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!