“Convenient and Affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guest House Inn & Suites

You added Guest House Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Guest House Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Mulberry Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport)   |
Ranked #86 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Watertown, New York
“Convenient and Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights using our points and were satisfied overall. We stayed during the International Balloon Fiesta and were pleasantly surprised to find they offered FREE shuttle service to the Fiesta Park! This is a pretty big deal, as the park is a good 25 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, but not as nice as others I've stayed in. The breakfast was just so-so but it was included in the rate, so I suppose it is better than nothing. The front desk staff was a little cold. Not unfriendly, just not real inviting. We stayed in 2 different rooms during the 3 nights and each room had an issue with noise from other rooms. We could hear people walking across the floor above us, doors slamming, voices and TV through the walls. Not the quietest night ever spent, but for free with our points, it was acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a night before a flight, very nice staff. The shuttle took us right to airport and we parked our car at the hotel free of charge! Called and they picked us up when we returned. Nice place

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights after staying at the Denver airport Country Inn and Suites. What a difference!! The staff is super friendly and helpful but the hotel lacks some things. First the breakfast is OK but needs to add some fruit toppings for waffles and yogurt, etc. Second the TV channels are some of the worst we've seen for major hotel brands- no ESPN for Monday night football and lacking many of the major cable TV channels like USA, TNT, HGTV, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel was clean and nice - complimentary hot breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable - I had a great night's sleep. We didn't get to give the pool a go, but the area was well laid out and would have been a great way to end a long day. My only complaint would be with check in. I think it must have been a busy day or the desk clerk was new because it took us three times for him to give us a key to a room that was not already occupied. I would definitely suggest this hotel to any traveler who is looking for a good bang for their buck or traveling families looking for a quiet night.

Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here while attending the color run in Albuquerque. Rooms were nice, breakfast was normal "free" breakfast food.

Rooms were clean and well kept. Did find a roach in the bathroom the second morning but that happens. No bug problem just one dead one so they must spray.

AC was great kept us cold all night.

The cleaning crew did take our "color run T-shirts" from two different rooms. We had also placed our colored T's in the trash bag to take back home along with my wifes nice shorts and athletic bra. Everything was gone when we came back for our second night. We asked the front desk about it and were answered with we can't get ahold of the lady who cleaned yesterday?? whats up with that??

So dont leave anything you want to take back home with you it could disappear.

Room Tip: No tip on room, just don't leave stuff in the room it could be gone.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've stayed at this particular Country Inn and Suites one other time, so this was a return to a familiar place on my way across country. It's pretty much average all around. Just nice enough, just clean enough and right off the highway for an overnight stay. I'm not a fan of the parking lot here. There are warnings on the entry doors to the hotel stating "hide valuables in your car, not responsible for break-ins." Not very reassuring when there are other options/locations to stay. There is VERY limited parking in front of the hotel. Front parking is actually far darker/dimly lit than the other lots. Both times I've been here it's been completely full in front. There is side parking on either side of the hotel and this is where you might feel a bit of unease. None of the hotel windows face the side parking lots so there is no chance that anyone thinking of breaking into your vehicle would be deterred by the chance of someone looking out their room window. Only hall windows on each floor face the side lots. Also, this is the second time that I've stayed here that I've noticed side entry doors (on the ground floor) that should be locked are propped open with a rock by someone. Something to keep in mind when staying here on the ground floor. Both times my room has been on the second floor, but I still kicked the rock out of the door on the ground floor hoping the building was slightly more secure. They serve a nice complimentary breakfast here and the staff is very nice. I think I'll choose another hotel next time I come through Albuquerque mainly due to the grounds and safety feel of this location. It's kind of a roll of the dice. Both times I've stayed here I found myself holding my breath in the morning as I went out to my car in hopes that no windows were smashed out after reading the warnings on the hotel entry doors the night before.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
haarlemmermeer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

conveniently located close to airport (shuttle provided) and next to I-25. lobby and rooms are ok with a slight "run down" appearance. our room had 2queens, fridge, microwave and rather small bath. ask for rooms facing west with fantastic sunsets. no major acoustic noise noticed here from I-25. outdoor pool was clean and refreshing when temps were in the 90s. lift slow and can get crowded with some waiting times during breakfast hours. breakfast not worth mentioning. burger king next door and subways within walking distance. overall ok, but for 1night only. best amenity is the outdoor- pool and patio with BBQ option.

Room Tip: view from rooms facing west is ok
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Guest House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!