“Not as nice as the Denver airport Country Inn and Suites” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guest House Inn & Suites

You added Guest House Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Guest House Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Mulberry Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport)   |
Ranked #85 of 147 Hotels in Albuquerque
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not as nice as the Denver airport Country Inn and Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights after staying at the Denver airport Country Inn and Suites. What a difference!! The staff is super friendly and helpful but the hotel lacks some things. First the breakfast is OK but needs to add some fruit toppings for waffles and yogurt, etc. Second the TV channels are some of the worst we've seen for major hotel brands- no ESPN for Monday night football and lacking many of the major cable TV channels like USA, TNT, HGTV, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Arlington, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel was clean and nice - complimentary hot breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable - I had a great night's sleep. We didn't get to give the pool a go, but the area was well laid out and would have been a great way to end a long day. My only complaint would be with check in. I think it must have been a busy day or the desk clerk was new because it took us three times for him to give us a key to a room that was not already occupied. I would definitely suggest this hotel to any traveler who is looking for a good bang for their buck or traveling families looking for a quiet night.

Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here while attending the color run in Albuquerque. Rooms were nice, breakfast was normal "free" breakfast food.

Rooms were clean and well kept. Did find a roach in the bathroom the second morning but that happens. No bug problem just one dead one so they must spray.

AC was great kept us cold all night.

The cleaning crew did take our "color run T-shirts" from two different rooms. We had also placed our colored T's in the trash bag to take back home along with my wifes nice shorts and athletic bra. Everything was gone when we came back for our second night. We asked the front desk about it and were answered with we can't get ahold of the lady who cleaned yesterday?? whats up with that??

So dont leave anything you want to take back home with you it could disappear.

Room Tip: No tip on room, just don't leave stuff in the room it could be gone.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've stayed at this particular Country Inn and Suites one other time, so this was a return to a familiar place on my way across country. It's pretty much average all around. Just nice enough, just clean enough and right off the highway for an overnight stay. I'm not a fan of the parking lot here. There are warnings on the entry doors to the hotel stating "hide valuables in your car, not responsible for break-ins." Not very reassuring when there are other options/locations to stay. There is VERY limited parking in front of the hotel. Front parking is actually far darker/dimly lit than the other lots. Both times I've been here it's been completely full in front. There is side parking on either side of the hotel and this is where you might feel a bit of unease. None of the hotel windows face the side parking lots so there is no chance that anyone thinking of breaking into your vehicle would be deterred by the chance of someone looking out their room window. Only hall windows on each floor face the side lots. Also, this is the second time that I've stayed here that I've noticed side entry doors (on the ground floor) that should be locked are propped open with a rock by someone. Something to keep in mind when staying here on the ground floor. Both times my room has been on the second floor, but I still kicked the rock out of the door on the ground floor hoping the building was slightly more secure. They serve a nice complimentary breakfast here and the staff is very nice. I think I'll choose another hotel next time I come through Albuquerque mainly due to the grounds and safety feel of this location. It's kind of a roll of the dice. Both times I've stayed here I found myself holding my breath in the morning as I went out to my car in hopes that no windows were smashed out after reading the warnings on the hotel entry doors the night before.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
haarlemmermeer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

conveniently located close to airport (shuttle provided) and next to I-25. lobby and rooms are ok with a slight "run down" appearance. our room had 2queens, fridge, microwave and rather small bath. ask for rooms facing west with fantastic sunsets. no major acoustic noise noticed here from I-25. outdoor pool was clean and refreshing when temps were in the 90s. lift slow and can get crowded with some waiting times during breakfast hours. breakfast not worth mentioning. burger king next door and subways within walking distance. overall ok, but for 1night only. best amenity is the outdoor- pool and patio with BBQ option.

Room Tip: view from rooms facing west is ok
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed three nights. Felt the hotel attracted nice, decent, well-mannered guests, never saw or heard anyone remotely shady or rowdy. First room we got smelled vaguely of smoke but with no hassle they moved us to a room that didn't.

Room/bathroom spotless and new-looking, good tub/shower, big towels plentiful and fluffy, good toiletries, bed slept very well, walls apparently fairly soundproof, decent view out third-floor window, had microwave and fridge (though fridge had been turned off and defrosted onto carpet). By the way, kudos to this hotel for NOT having that little placard by the sink telling you what you will pay if you steal things (have seen that at several Country Inn & Suites we stayed at before this and not being a thief, I have always been offended by it so was glad not to see it here).

Wished for a big comfy chair/footstool instead of broken mini-recliner. Wished for six rather than four pillows, given they were tiny, but we brought two so we managed. Room hot as blazes when we got there (a problem if say we immediately needed to shower and dress for a big event such as a wedding because we would have arrived at event sticky and sweaty.) AC took a couple of hours but did cool down and worked really great after that.

Small, ancient boxy TV in room was unwatchable, so tiny could not read scrolling program guide, have not seen one like it in hotels for at least five years. Room wifi slow as dial-up (from what I remember of dial-up, actually may have been slower) and was completely down an entire day, would have been the death of me had I had work to send clients (not unusual for me, even on vacay). Calling up weather or other travel-type info online was excruciating. Thank heavens for our iPhones but halfway decent and reliable wifi should be standard.

The lobby "business" computer (an antique Dell) where we tried to print our zoo concert tickets could not do so because it lacked Adobe Reader and would not let us load it. (Super nice staffer Maria let me email PDF to her and she printed it for me in the office.)

Breakfast was similar to that at HIE and Hampton, varied, well-stocked, acceptable. Commend them for using nice real plates, glasses, silverware; I hate the massive waste of disposables plus I enjoy using real dishes. Not so fond of their other conservation measures ... they need to cool the tiny breakfast room to something less than scorching. We could leave the room after gulping down breakfast but my heart went out to the staffer working in there plus to the desk staff since the lobby area was super warm too.

They have a sparkling pool and nice adjacent patio, never saw it crowded. We never had time to use them but wish we had. I even saw a nice electric grill on patio, for guest use?

We liked the free, convenient, nicely xeriscaped parking lot, was never filled to capacity so was easy to find a good space, felt very safe there day and night. On Google street view, the area across the street looks kind of shady but when you get there, it's a fairly nice neighborhood (we took a drive through it out of curiosity, lots of cute places).

To the kind staffer who granted a milk request for my husband one late night, thanks! We appreciated her so much and the lady who printed our tickets and the staffers who bothered to greet us as we went in and out those three days. Kudos to the great housekeeping folks and the cheerful, hardworking breakfast staffer.

One staffer when we first got there though, with whom I had a weird frustrating 'who's on first' conversation about wanting to upgrade to a suite, I could have done without.

All said and done, would stay here again. The good far, far outweighed any bad. They have fresh chocolate chip cookies in the evening. Only if wifi is a make or break for you do you need to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: We liked our 326 room, faced highway and a manufactured home business but beyond that lots of low mo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
connie c, General Manager at Guest House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us.
We will keep working our best to make sure your next stay with us comfortable and satisfactory.
Also the area for BBQ is for our guests. Some group wants to reserve this BBQ area for a small gathering.
Thank you again from entire staff in Country inn and Suites.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here two separate nights a week apart due to the proximity to the airport and price. Our first night we crammed into a two bed unit that was simply too small for four. On our return we stayed in a much larger suite with separate room and fold out couch. It was worth the extra $30 but make sure you ask for a suite with a couch if you need it since some suites have two chairs instead. Both units had a small fridge with is useful. Pool was nice. Unfortunately the maid left a soiled used towel hanging on the hook on the bathroom door presumably from the prior occupants… yuck. OK for one night while in transit but can't see staying any longer.

Room Tip: If a foursome go for the suite with fold out couch.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you staying with us.
We will address your concern with department and make sure your next stay with us comfortable and satisfactory.
On behalf of entire staff in Country inn and Suites we apologize for the concern.
Also thank you again from entire staff.

Been to Guest House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!