“I didn't stay here BUT......” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Mexico
“I didn't stay here BUT......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm rating this 4 because I didn't physically stay here, BUT - My sister and brother in law (who are very critical) stayed here with their dog while they were out here to visit early last year for 3 days. They complemented the location and the room. This past weekend I helped a co-worker book a room to surprise his wife on their 10 year anniversary and they really liked it. They said that the location was perfect, the room was like a little apartment and they loved the view they had. I wanted to add that the Service at the front desk was phenomenal. I went to the hotel on Saturday afternoon (1:00 pm ish) to check my co-worker and his wife in for the night and I left a happy anniversary gift basket for them. I explained the situation to the young lady at the front and she was so understanding and accommodating. Not only was she super nice to me, she arranged them to be on a high floor so they can get a good view and she had housekeeping leave the gift basket in the room for them. (I wish I remembered her name so I could broadcast her kudos online)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wauconda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Room layout was wonderful. Room clean and comfortable and quiet. We had a problem with a/c which was resolved promptly. Front desk staff exceptionally helpful. They had the best waffles in the breakfast room that I have ever had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thousand Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

There was nothing to redeem this experience. The only reason I didn't rate it the lowest was because to the location of the hotel and cleanliness of the room. We booked a 2 bedroom suite for 6 of us; 2 grandparents, 1 mom and three small children. We had driven 14 hours from Los Angeles that day. When we got to the room, it was hot. We turned on the central a/c and the portable unit in the 2nd bedroom. The portable unit was so noisy no one could have slept, and the central air never came on. We asked to move and were assigned to another suite. Everyone was hungry so we went to the Uptown Shopping Center to eat a late dinner. Returning at about 10:00 with 3 children under 8 years old, we couldn't deal with the a/c not working in this room either. Worse night I've ever spent in a hotel under the "Hilton" banner. Breakfast was atrocious. Eggs were inedible, no service, surly attendants. We complained to the Front Desk, which had absolutely no effect whatsoever. Stay at the Embassy Suites across the freeway - it was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I actually think that the location of this hotel is fantastic. However, the rooms are small, and the chow-down at breakfast is totally unappetizing. I did not take advantage of the 'eat in' option for dinner, but never expect much from that at a Homewood Suites, anyway. As the world gets smaller and smaller, and I assume that many of us are choosing hotels based on brand loyalty, I would recommend the Homewood Suites here without any reservations on the proviso that the breakfast is a free-for-all and the dinner probably not that great. For those of us Hhonors members who choose our stays accordingly, take this property for the location, and enjoy!! Probably one of the best Homewood Suites locations ever...near shopping and dining, and convenient for whatever in the world one would want to do in Albuquerque.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Perfect stay at a beautiful property. The staff were extremely helpful, housekeeping was great and the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was average. Overall this was a fantastic stay and if in the area I would stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is nice and they allow pets. The free breakfast in the morning was nothing special. During the week they have a "dinner" which was pretty bad. Overall this is a nice hotel, but I'd plan on eating out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice location, nice clean facility. Front desk left us frustrated with lack of detail about location of room, how to access it (we had a lot of luggage, which we hauled across a vary large facility and then found there was another access we could have used that was much nearer the room). We had a two room suite, which was very clean and spacious. Wife commented on how the rooms 'smelled clean'. 'Portable' air conditioner in the second bedroom was noisy. Beds were ok, but not exceptional by any means.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!