“An accommodating establishment.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

Save Saved
You added MCM Elegante Hotel to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)   |
Ranked #64 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Kansas City, Missouri
“An accommodating establishment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

My son is from MO but lives in NM where he met his bride. The wedding was our families first where hotel accommodations were required. Our initial decision for the MCM was based on the shuttle service. Our return to the Elegante will be based on the service, reasonable pricing and a staff who understands the value of the consumer. All staff answered questions and provided assistance regardless of their department specialty. When our rehearsal dinner fell through, the MCM stepped up. They were prompt, fun, and did everything within their power to ensure this important occasion was not marred by issues related to hospitality. The free drink coupons and inclusive full breakfast offered a reprieve to a stressed budget. Well done!

• Stayed April 2010

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

I've stayed at the MCM Elegante in Odessa TX & was really impressed. This re-branded Holiday Inn for the same price wasn't worth the money.

The good:
Beds and pillows are above average
Large room
Nice flat panel tv
Staff was very friendly and engaging
Nice pool, hot tub and workout area
Shower heads at a reasonable height (Most hotels mount them too low)
Lounge and Restaurant very good
Breakfast buffet above average

The bad:
Bowl of sink terribly scratched/cracked
Tile grout dirty and tiles loose/caving in around tub
Room set up poorly and can't turn the TV to be seen at table
OLD furniture
OLD Clock Radio which didn't completely work
OLD Heating/Cooling unit coming apart and FILTHY filter
Lamps were loose/coming apart
Bed Skirts didn't fit beds (looks sloppy)

I was very underwhelmed with the room for the price. I would expect more from my other experience with MCM hotels. They really should renovate the rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I loved the hotel. The bed was great as well as the breakfast. The room was clean and all the bath products are Bath and Body Works. I only had one little problem the show head is so high my husband couldn't reach it so we couldn't change (if it could) the water flow on the shower. I would stay again.

• Liked — clean, I could see the pics on the wb site and they were in this hotel
  • Disliked — shower head too high
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
lilmaromi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I read the reviews on a few sites including this one, and I was a bit hesistant. All I have to say is...WTF is so bad here? My room was clean, the freeway noise was non-existent, the staff was friendly, the pool area was not bad at all. The shuttles were available most of the time, two at a time. The cable was alright. They had a great guide book, and the bed was so comftorable. Lol trust me I have standards, and I don't stay in hotels that often but this place was great. All you could really hear outside of your room was maybe the next room showering, no tv, no voices...or anything. They have a gift shop with snacks, and in the morning HOT breakfast. When I stayed it consisted of biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, lol bland eggs, but good omelettes, oatmeal, cereal, and waffles, complete with juice, coffee, and cocoa. The parking isn't bad, there's always somewhere to park. All in all I had a fun anniversary here. I don't know what all these snotty people are talking about....maybe they're just used to staying in a 300 dollar a night hotel. Honestly though, the regular rate was 130 for a standard room, which i felt was a little steep, but they honored a hotel coupon, despite the fact that it was the balloon fiesta, but we had to check in at 12:30 pm. So really it only added up to about 90 but when you get the deposit back it was 77 with the coupon. Oh btw you do kind of have to go through the restaurant to get to the pool, so if your modest find a good route lol. >.<

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Staff were friendly and helpful.
Had a good room on the ground floor with no obvious noise from the freeway.
Room was comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.
All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stay in a lot of hotels and this is one that I will not be going back to. When I checked in they give you drink and breakfast coupons...cool. When I went to the bar to get just a coke to take to the room the bar was about 1/10th full and I could not get waited on. Bartender just sat there, after fifteen minutes I cruised out. The room was only adequately clean and the elevator sounded like it was going to let go any moment. The final kicker was I checked out early in the morning and they were doing the nightly audit and the lady advised me they would email me a receipt. Now three weeks later I have not received the receipt after two contacts to them. I don't know what kind of quality control and management systems they have in place at this hotel, but they stink, or just ignore them. Pass on this one for any hotel, even if it is a little more pricey.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
awhitedragon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

i have a daughter with special medical needs and have traveled to albq several times this year. yes it is an older hotel , but soe of the staff was very nice and very helpful to us . they went out of thier way to help us make a very serious medical trip into a relaxing stay . if you are looking for the marriot or a real expensive place then go there but know that those of us who are less fortunate than others with finances appreciate the kindness shown to us . jackie

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MCM Elegante Hotel

Address: 2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #64 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Hotel Class:3 star — MCM Elegante Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your MCM Elegante Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mcm Elegante Albuquerque
Hotel Mcm Elegante

If you own or manage MCM Elegante Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.