“Well Worth the Price!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

Save Saved
You added MCM Elegante Hotel to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)   |
Ranked #60 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
New York, USA
“Well Worth the Price!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

We found a great deal on a travel site and decided to give it a try. Although the room is not up to the same standard as some of the pricey hotels (I believe this is a renovated Holiday Inn) we had no problems with either of our two rooms. Beds were comfortable and bedding better than a motel level. Bathroom had both a shower and tub. TV had enough stations and pay per view movies. There was also a small balcony in both rooms. The staff were cordial and helpful (although maid service went on into the evening). The breakfast buffet was excellent and we were given coupons worth 2 drinks each per person for every night we were there. We could redeem them at the bar anytime after 4:30 - better than the average manager's reception that I always seem to miss. There is a restaurant in the hotel (okay food), a Mexican restaurant next door and a diner and a couple of fast food places across the road. The fitness room and pool looked great. There is also a business center available free to guests. I've stayed at alot of hotels for business and was happier here than many of the more upscale hotels. We are definitely planning on staying here next year.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
amitch, Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2006
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the MCM Elegante Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Mission is Friendliness and Cleanliness and I am happy to hear that you experienced both. I look forward to you staying with us next year.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

I am a very frequent business traveler who read the reviews, but stupidly booked anyway. My first room had mold rings in the toilet (as well as urine and toilet tissue), "spotted" seat, ferocious dust bunnies on the bathroom counter (a vent fan that hadn't been cleaned in years), the sliding door didn't have a handle (made great whistle and dust show), the "internet" was unplugged, tangled wired behind my NIGHTSTAND! Dust was so thick, walking or touching anything created puffs. Did I mention the construction garbage chute resting on my balcony?? When I explained and requested a room change, not even an apology. My "new" room wasn't much better. Again, the toilet hadn't been cleaned since someone with intestinal difficulties had used it. I killed a very ugly bug living there too, I think maybe he lived on the mildew infested peeling caulk. I found long dark hairs in the bed (and my co-worker found the same all over his room) and a plastic razor cover in the bedsheets? Many hours ago I requested a surge protector so I could actually have LIGHT and use the internet to work. (One outlet for computer, router, light & clock) Needless to say, I am typing in the dark with a VERY low battery. And they have a housekeeping envelope requesting a gratuity?? The hallways are filthy and the elevators are scary & smelly. The management /owners of this hotel should be ashamed. A little bit of work could turn this place around, but I am guessing no one cares anymore.

• Liked — The impending check-out...
  • Disliked — The utter filth and complete disrepair
  • Tips/Secrets — Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at the MCM Elegante Hotel recently. I can assure you that the maangement and staff does care about guest satisfaction. We are currectly in the process of correcting the internet connections in the guest rooms. I understand how frustrated you must have been sorting out your DSL connection. As far as the cleanliness concerns you had, I agree that it is unacceptable. I have forwarded your comments to my director of housekeeping and we will continue retraining our staff in that area.
Lakewood, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

The lobby was pretty, and the pool was nice. The weight room had lots of equipment. The hot tub did not work. The breakfast buffet was awesome. Large selection of food.

The rooms are old and tired, and dirty. The beds were soft and wonderful. My toilet did not flush when we first checked in. They were quick to fix. There was gum on the headboard, and an old pizza box under the bed. The wallpaper is falling off the walls, and this hotel needs much updating.

However! For the money it was a decent deal, and had an adequate stay.

• Liked — Breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — If can get rooms cheap this is a good deal for basic accommodations.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thenk you for your review of the MCM Elegante Hotel. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you had during your recent stay at our property. Our mission is cleanliness and friendliness and when one of these are lacking the experience is ruined. I assure you that I would have been glad to address the concerns you had during your stay had I been given the chance. I do thank you for your positive comments regarding our breakfast buffet and the quality of our beds.
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2006

Dumped here at 2:30 a.m. by the Albuquerque Candlewood Suites on Menaul Blvd. This room was going to be free but after looking at the room I paid full price for a room at another property. Draw your own conclusions.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
somewhere over the rainbow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

We spent 4 nights at the MCM Elegante and were booked in the "executive tower". The signs on the doors say "VIP" but I would not call it so. The rooms were ok. Just because they give you Bath & Body Works brand shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion, doesn't make the room 4 star. The place definately needs some more work. The decor is alright, but the general condition of the place is just tired. You could see it's definately a worn out building, and the renovation or redecoration looks like it was done really quickly. It's not that it wasn't clean, it's just worn down. The room doors don't shut properly for one thing.
There was no hotel orientation type book that you see in most hotel rooms that tell you where to find things in the hotel. You just basically had to explore to figure things out, like where the business center was, which was pretty sad... only 2 computers that didn't work twice when I went in there. No menu in the room even though they offered room service.... just those sorts of annoyances. The bed is awesome though, very comfy!
The front desk help was pleasant, and the waitresses were very nice, and recognized us each morning. The breakfast was very good. Better than some of the "full hot breakfasts" that hotels have. This one has made to order omelets and waffles, a variety of cereal, breads, fruit, eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, oatmeal and fixings. I thought it was great and saved us money on our trip.
The best perk of the hotel would be the courtesy shuttle. The guys are super nice and friendly and helpful, and they bring you all over the city. The shuttle has a priority to the airport pick ups/drop offs but we never had a problem getting to where we needed to go on time.
Overall, the hotel is on the good side of average. I just wish they would advertise as what they are, and not a blown up version of what they think they are.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your constructive feedback . We have just replaced our hotel directories. We have also replaced the two computers in the business center as well as the printers. As for the look of our building and property we are constantly making improvements to our building, guest rooms, landscaping and public areas.
Thank you very much for your comments regarding our bell staff. I believe we have the best airport shuttle in the city and try to maintain a reliable, courteus and consistent service.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

Recently stayed at the MCM. First the good-- The room was clean, pleasant and quiet. The outdoor patio was remarkably quiet and serene considering the urban concrete location of this property. The cook to order omelets saved the overwise lackluster breakfast buffet.

Now the less than average--It is obvious that the owners are limiting staff to save money. This comes at great expense to customer service. Check-in took 15 minutes for two of us. Often there was only one person at the front desk, although there seemed to be two on duty. They always seemed to slip into the back and not come back. Housekeeping was excruciating. They had their carts blocking the halls from 8:30 am till 5:30 pm. My room was not cleaned one day until 5:00pm, and I had to bail out of my room after a long day to let the young woman clean. The details that you see at a more polished hotel simply were not there.

One more thing, having Fox News blaring on a large flat screen tv next to the front desk may entertain some, but was insulting to us. Let's turn off the tv or keep it on local stations, after all, we are visiting Albuquerque.

• Liked — quiet rooms
  • Disliked — poor management of housekeeping activities
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our cleanliness and the positive experience in the restaurant. I can assure you our property is not against hiring staff to save money. We are actually constantly recruiting to fill open positions. Service is our main focus and it sounds like you came to our hotel during an unnexpected jump in occupancy. Again I appreciate your comments and assure you we are always striving to improve.

ivoryton,ct.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

i worked for hilton international hotels for 27 years,i am familiar with the hospitality industry,this hotel has problems,we just returned from a seven day stay at this hotel,they offer free but substandard breakfast,quality is not up to par., the two free drinks per day is a nice touch,but there are two areas that need attention,the front desk is not helpfull with knowledge of the city of albuquerque,and the one area that mneeds the most help is housekeeping,the first two days,the room was cleaned in the morning,on the other days,we had to remind the front desk that our room had not been cleaned,this was four thirty in the afternoon,there is no reason to have to remind the hotel to clean the room three or four times. we travel to las vegas once a year,hotels that have thousands of rooms to clean,and we never had to remind the hotel to clean our rooms. hilton hotels would never treat their customers that way. , we had to change our room due to mold in the bathroom. the hotel needs some attention,it's GETTING OLD-- TIME TO RE-FURBISH

• Liked — room was okay
  • Disliked — housekeeping has to be reminded to clean rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from this hotel until they correct their problems
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
amitch, Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2006
I apologize for the service you received during your recent stay at our hotel. We'll use your constructive criticism to improve. Over 5,000 guests stay at our hotel monthly, and most find that friendliness and cleanliness are our hotels greatest assets. Thank you for your comments.

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!