“Dont go” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

You added MCM Elegante Hotel to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)   |
Ranked #67 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Dont go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

I inadvertenly left a pair of dress shoes during my stay. I called to have them mailed to me, only to be told they could not be found. My shoes were stolen by the housekeeping staff. The hotel said there was nothing they could do and they TRUST their employees. What a joke. The place is a remodeled Holiday Inn. The "complimentary" breakfast consists of rubbery eggs, and hard biscuits. The wireless internet did not work unless you were in the lobby. I cannot say one good thing about this place, other than apparently someone who needed shoes more than I did got a pair at my expense. Is that tax deductible???

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for just one night on the way through town. I booked online and had no trouble at all checking in.

The room and furniture was obviously not "new." But it was clean and cool (cool in Albuquerque in August is extremely important!). The bed was comfortable enough to sleep on. There was a couch, but I kinda ignored it. We were on the third floor. The view was nothing to speak of as it faced inward toward another part of the hotel. For what I saw, though, few of the rooms would have spectacular views.

What I really liked was the breakfast. In a dining area on the ground floor (difficult to find, but the staff pointed us to it), there was a full breakfast served. It was included with the price of the room, but this I would have been willing to pay just a little extra for. Instead of the customary "Continental" breakfast, this was a full breakfast buffet, complete with fruit, cereal, pastries, custom-made omelettes, and grill-your-own waffles. Great food.

It wasn't a perfect stay, but I didn't see anything to complain about.

• Stayed August 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

We had a family reunion here. There were false fire alarms 3 days in a row...very unpleasant...and disrrupted the babies' naps needlessly.. We couldn't play our DVDs through the hotel TV and no one was available to unblock the TV so we could. No movies suitable for 2 year olds...we have twins...were available. Restaurant service was spotty...we had to hunt down servers for lunch...but the free breakfast was excellent and the service very good. Our room keys were programmed for the wrong checkout day. Result: a long walk around the property to the desk to get the keys reprogrammed. Cribs were unavailable for two nights of our stay, but when we did get them they were free. Facilities for our reunion were inadequate. Our dinner had to be across the street at another facility owned by the Elegante.... a difficult walk for people who are almost 90 years old. The air conditioning in this facility was poor. The room was uncomfortably hot. The staff provided a large fan, but it was so noisy that conversation was impossible while the fan was running, so we turned it off. At the pool one evening, some young people...easily identifiable...became disruptive and management closed the pool altogether rather than simply remove the offenders. Unfortunately, we left some belongings behind at checkout. The housekeeping staff found them and they are being returned to us. We appreciate this very much. Overall, I felt the hotel was grossly understaffed and got the impression that it might be in financial trouble. Whether or not our family might choose to return to this property is open to question. Certainly, if we did, we would expect a higher grade of service and consideration for the price than we received during this stay.

• Stayed June 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

I just checked out of this hotel today and I am not looking back. For the most part it was an all around terrible experience. There was no one to help me with my bags which made it very difficult for me as I was traveling alone with my 2 year old. When I asked the front desk for help the basically told me there was no one on the premises at the time to help me so I was going to have to do it myself. The rooms are VERY dated and dirty to boot. It needs a ton of renovations to make it decent. It was down right gross if you ask me.
I also had a terrible time getting room service the staff was rude and quite often flat out ignored me. I must have called 15 times before someone finally answered and then they had the nerve to ask me if they could call me back.

• Stayed June 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

We stayed 3 nights. Our room never had maid service for our entire stay. We were
assured by the desk staff that the maid service problem would be rectified, it didn't happen. Directions for group activities within the hotel were lacking. Questions asked of the desk staff regarding activities of our group went unanswered. I would think twice
before booking this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MCM Elegante Hotel

Address: 2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #67 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hotel Class:3 star — MCM Elegante Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your MCM Elegante Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mcm Elegante Albuquerque
Hotel Mcm Elegante

If you own or manage MCM Elegante Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.