“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

You added MCM Elegante Hotel to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)   |
Ranked #75 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I conduct business in Albuquerque about 6 months of the year, and always stay at the MCM Elegante. The staff and facilities are unmatched. Keep up the fantastic service. This hotel is more like a home. Love it!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Basalt, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here Tuesday through Friday to be near the University of New Mexico Hospital, I was pretty surprised how completely this hotel failed on so many levels. Really bad Wi-Fi connectivity, rooms are out of date (tired) with things like the tub area cracked and shower curtain rod mount broken/cracked. While in the shower the water temp fluctuated to the point where at one point I was enjoying the water temperature and the next moment I am getting scalded with what feels like boiling water then it would go back to the regular water temp (maybe 10 seconds later). Hard to enjoy a shower under these circumstances! The free buffet breakfast was pretty bad (the fruit salad had they offer had the texture of wax), when all I wanted was some fruit and cereal... TV channel list in the room was really poor, the hotel has DirecTV but in the rooms the channel options were so limited I ended up turning the TV off and decided to read a book. Thursday night there was an NFL game (Seahawks and Cardinals) and I couldn't watch it because the NFL Channel was not available. I used the workout room where there are two treadmills and two elliptical machines. One day I went in there and the room was 75 degrees, a maintenance guy was in there replacing a light bulb I asked if he could turn the air conditioner temp down a little and he said he would see. I was in there for an hour, he never returned. Nothing like a small stuffy room to work out in, the outdoor temperature was 60 degrees, FYI. Stephanie at the front desk was very sweet and kind, and then on another visit to the front desk I got the impression I was a burden for asking where the nearest grocery store was... I had dinner at the bar one night, there were maybe 5 people total at the bar and I couldn't get the attention of the bartender to save my life, he was a nice guy but he was seriously lacking training, as were many of the employees I came across. Then there are the cards they leave in the bedroom and bathroom saying they are a green property and if you would like to share with them in protecting the environment by not requiring fresh sheets please hang the towels back on the towel rack, towels on the floor would be replaced. The problem with this program is the toilets still use 15 gallon tanks, they are old toilets (very noisy) that are water guzzlers. The shower wastes water like nobody’s business, but hey we're a green hotel... This place needs a complete overhaul, staff needs hospitality training. Clearly this hotel needs a new leader (GM)... Nothing to see here, move along!

Room Tip: Ask for an area where the WiFi signal is strong, that is if you decide to stay here... There has got...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cynthia F, General Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and bringing your situation to our attention. We have an ongoing program to continue to offer excellent service to our guests and your comments are important to us in carrying out that effort.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you incurred during your stay with us. We are currently addressing all of the issues you have mentioned. The new WiFi will be installed in the next 3 weeks, we currently have On Command as our TV provider, Direct TV will be installed in the next couple of months, new shower valves as well. I have discussed these issues with the appropriate departments, to ensure this does not occur again.

While it is our goal to create a perfect guest experience, we know that even our best efforts will sometimes fall short of this goal. We realize that only a full commitment to offer the best personal service of every guest will ensure our success.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us and give us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable night’s stay. Please call me directly to book your reservation.

Cynthia Fresquez
GM
MCM Elegante Hotel
505-884-2511
Fairview Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here 8 days during Balloon Fiesta and had a nice room. Our bed was very comfortable and we were located in a quiet area. During Fiesta, the breakfast, which is fantastic, was served earlier so pilots, crew members, and tourists could leave for the balloon park. It's easy to access I-25 and I-40 from this hotel. The staff was very friendly and informative. The bathroom is rather small and there is little space for toiletries are my only disappointments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south end; the west side is close to I-40 and is noisier.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My first MCM Elegante' experience was last June in Dallas. Since then I have stayed at the location in Abilene, TX and, now, Albuquerque, NM. I must say that this hotel chain lives up to its motto: cleanliness, friendliness, and outstanding service. The staff is always very friendly and efficient. The free airport shuttle is a huge incentive to stay here. (Taxi costs about $18 one-way.) The free full breakfast buffet, including cooked-to-order eggs, makes it worth the stay in itself. I must say that this location is a bit less polished than the other two but still a good experience. My only issues were that the carpet is old (but clean) and the A/C unit is a bit loud. They have other locations in TX and CO. As a trainer for a national network of nonprofits, I travel a lot. I plan to stay at an MCM Elegante' hotel whenever possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
McAllen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the MCM to attend the Balloon Fiesta and we are so glad we picked this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed information. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bathroom could us more counter space, no room to place toiletries while in the bathroom. Breakfast was great, a very nice selection of items to choose from. We ate lunch in the dining room as well and the food was tasty. Albert was a fantastic waiter, he was so eager to provide great service and was a joy to talk to, what a great ambassador of customer service for MCM. The shuttle drivers were always pleasant and not only shuttled to and from the airport but would also take you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel which included the park and ride for the balloon fiesta. What a helpful service, just one more example of how MCM is going the extra mile to please their guests.

Belton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in this hotel for 8 days recently.

This is a pretty old hotel. I stayed here in the 70's when it was a Holiday Inn. It wasn't new then. It has been pretty well kept up but has the usual old hotel warts. Outdated bathrooms where the water for the shower would, without warning, get very hot. The toilet was very loud when flushing. The carpet is old and you can see light all around the door. The A/C unit is also loud as is usual with many of the hotel units. The free wifi is unusable. In 8 days I was rarely able to connect and when connect the system was to slow to do anything. The GM told me that they were installing new service and assured me that this would improve dramatically. We'll see.

The good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is about as good as anywhere I have stayed. Fresh made omelets along with fruit and the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits/gravy, cereals, and other. They also have a nice bar with drink specials (2 free per night). The restaurant is good. The rooms have very good bedding and flat screen TV's.

I stay here year after year because it serves my needs and is a good social gathering place. For the price, I can't do better in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: They have a newer wing. I would try to book a room with a number with the last 2 numbers 85 or high...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel has it all if you're looking for a place to stay! The breakfast served was quite enjoyable complete with an omelet station! I didn't eat in the restaurant but it is right within the hotel grounds. The lounge was friendly with specials during the week. We enjoyed the complimentary driver service which would take you anywhere within a 5 mile limit and come pick you up for your return trip. This enabled us to visit a local micro-brewery! The rooms are clean and the bed was comfy. Not high end, but nice. Staff went above and beyond to assist. Made our weekend at the Balloon Festival outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!