“Details/Details” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

You added MCM Elegante Hotel to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2020 Menaul Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)   |
Ranked #68 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Loveland, Colorado
“Details/Details”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Found the rooms to be very nice however, the amenities were not up to par. Both rooms rented had the alarm clocks go off before our wake time. One room at 4am and the other at 6:30am. This is not nor will it ever make for a good stay. I spoke with the front desk about the problem in each room rented and stated they must assure that house cleaning check clocks to assure this does not occur. Our friend traveling with us got the 4:30 am call and was not able to return to sleep after that. I think that alone should require a hotel to reimburse a guest the full amount for that room. No offer was made to cover for the lost night of sleep from what I consider to be negligent service.

The second amenity that was not working was the internet. I was unable to connect and thus could not get information needed for that morning. The front desk sent me to an admin office person who was unable to confirm a problem. Later, after stopping at the front desk to get the information needed, they stated the internet was down for all rooms and they were working on it. Again, there was never an offer of any compensation for an amenity not received/available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was surprised by how disappointing this property was. Came in town in January to interview at UNM. MCM Elegante was their recommended option, and the property seems to have a lot of experience with UNM interviewees.

-The shuttle was a highly advertised feature. I called for pickup from the airport; it took 35 minutes to show up and the driver missed the pickup point by about 100 feet. I did want to use them for a ride to UNM, but my interview was at 6am and the shuttle was not running at that time.

-They advertise 2 complimentary drinks at their bar; I inquired about this and was denied because I booked via hotels.com.

-The rooms are more of a motel than a hotel. Most of the rooms are ground floor. The bathtub was dirty, the water pressure was weak, and there was a crusty stain on the bed comforter that had a concerning resemblance to semen.

-I conferred with my colleague who also interviewed there, he agreed with my assessment: not elegant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at other hotels in ABQ. This one is the best. I love the shuttle to the airport and old town. I loved the wonderful breakfast in the morning. It was so much better than the one we received at Fiesta. The drinks at nights were not that great. It was one of the busiest nights of the year for them (the night before fiesta begins). The drink menu was limited, and the service was not good,and there was not enough tables and chairs. We had to look for people to leave, to get 3 chairs and a table. Liked the room and the front desk service was great. I was there every day for a another room key and Dominica took care of me. The indoor pool & hot tub were closed the first night, they fixed it the rest of the wk. They even have security in the parking lot all night, which was very important to us,since Abq has that problem. Don't leave anything in your car or trailer overnight.The only problem we had was, the outdoor smoking area was next to our trailer, and the people who had meetings would stand at our trailer every day. We would remind them every day that we had propane in there. Smokers just don't get it, when they smoke next to propane.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in town for a family emergency and I landed up booking a room at the MCM Elegante via the internet at a very reasonable price. I did not think I was going to stay more than one night, but then we landed up needing another night. So my experiance comes from staying in two rooms, which were surprisingly different. First Room: We had a room on the second floor, it appeared a little dated and worn. Attention to dusting corner cobwebs as well as the heating/cooling unit appeared to have gone unnoticed for some time. The heater was really loud and only had one setting off or on. So it never quieted through the night. I had to get up and turn it off. The room only had a round table for counter space (It would have been nice to have more.) The beds were extremely comfortable! Good investment for this hotel! Shower pressure and hot water - awsome! Second Room (on first floor): More updated than the previous room. Heating/Cooling unit updated, quite and shut off when room temperature was reached! BUT- toilet was old, seat appeared old, gurngy and busted? After seeing reminance of someone elses drop off- I only felt comfortable utilizing after I cleaned and flushed everything out. Ahhh, this is not so good! This room had a larger square table which provided more counter space. Shower clean and water pressure awsome. The hotel was decorated so beautifully for christmas and my son & I loved the monument of the ten commandments posted in the parking lot! Staff was kind and quick to ask if we needed assistance with our bags. The variety of items from the hot breakfast ranged from hand made omlets, waffles bacon, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, toast, muffins, cold cereal- something for everyone! The pool is great for families. Plenty of parking. The location is perfect. Overall- our stay was comfortable and we would not hesitate to come back and book again with MCM Elegante Hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room with a new heating/cooling unit and save yourselves the tossing and turning f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have now stayed at the Elegante on two different occasions, both for business purposes. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was above average for a hotel, and the complimentary cocktails/breakfast were definitely appreciative. The reason I did not rate this hotel an "excellent" is that it is in desperate need of a makeover. Nothing about this hotel screams modern or even 21st century. Still, if you are looking for a reliable place to stay with good food and great service, the Elegante is a solid choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Farmington, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location was close to where we needed to be. The service was good. Everything seemed to be clean. The beds were comfortable. My husband loved the breakfast. I prefer a few healthier items, but all in all a good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've stayed twice now. A very beautiful hotel with an outstanding staff. The breakfast was included and was far beyond any included breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Having a great night's sleep and being well fed is all I can ask for!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!