“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque

You added Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Wellesley Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Equus Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #85 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
AbelinTexas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

This hotel has undergone a name change and full renovation.
It is now called "Suburban Extended Stay Hotel" part of choice hotels international. What a very nice place, at a very nice price.
We stayed 8 nights in a lovely new room with a brand new King Size bed. With a nice new 27 inch color tv, it was easy to hook up my DVD player and watch a movie. The wireless internet was fast and very reliable. Yes it is true they do not do Housekeeping everyday, as it is intented mainly for Extended Stay guests. However you can stay for one or two nights. Anytime i needed towels, shampoo, soap, ect- all i had to do was go to the front office, and they kindly gave me what ever i needed. All of the rooms have full kitchens with everything you need. There are too many restaurants near by to name them all, but lots of good food is only a Hop, Skip, And a Jump away. The Staff is unbelievable. I believe his name was Wade, Office Supervisor. At the time of check-in, i mentioned i would need a cab to the airport on our departure. He said their is no need to call a cab, as He was also the Airport Shuttle Driver and would take us to the Airport at no extra charge. I did not even know they had such a service. Very happy, and glad i found such a bargain. Will definetly stay again, as a matter of fact i booked two rooms in october for their International Balloon fiesta. Cant wait to check in.

• Liked — Great Customer Service, and with a smile.
  • Disliked — It rained almost everyday
  • Tips/Secrets — If you need the Airport Shuttle service, 24 Hours advanced notice is all you need
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

We booked a room with a king sized bed through Expedia. I called two days before to confirm that we had a non-smoking room with a king sized bed and was told yes. My companion arrived at the hotel before I did and he had to pay a $25.00 cash deposit before he could check in. When I arrived, the room did not have a king sized bed. Too tired to take issue with it that night, I went and spoke with the front desk person the next day. He said the king sized bed information had not been fowarded by Expedia. When I told him I had called to confirm, there was no record of that either. He moved us into the room which we had originally booked. When we went to check out, the $25.00 cash deposit was gone, too. The front desk person told us he didn't have the authority to open the safe to see if it was there and we would have to wait and call Monday. (we were checking out on a Sunday). I called on Monday and spoke with the Asst General Manager, who said he would look into it and call me back. He did not. I have called him each day since and he has never returned a call nor have we been able to get verificaton that a check has been sent to us.

• Stayed February 2006
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2005

We stayed at the Equus Suites from Sept 30 - Oct 9 (2005) while in Abq for Balloon Fiesta. We booked straight through the hotel and got a $70 per night rate for a king room. It was a great location, and offered convenience for our extended stay - namely the kitchen and over-sized room.

While the rooms were clean and nice, it is a 'no-frills' place. There is not daily maid service ('light service' on 4th day and full on 7th day). There is no pool, which was fine for us but could be an important consideration for travellers with children.

They have wireless internet for customers. The line that serves the part of the hotel where we were went out about 3 days into our stay and the front office worked with us and we moved to a room in the other part of the hotel that still had wireless.

The staff was always friendly and helpful, although they seemed overworked.

• Stayed October 2005
Superior
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

toilet backed up and overflowed all over and there was no houskeeping - tub never drain - stayed 5 days before it was fixed - was double charged on the credit card - hotel stated online service never paid them - so now we are having to deal with that also. From Wisconsin to New Mexico to enjoy the beauty of the land and we were met with nothing but misery from our hotel.

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

Last week, I stayed at Equus Suites for 6 nights. My experience was wonderful. First, the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The room was no-frills but it was clean and it had everything I needed (I did call down to the office needing a hairdryer and dishwashing soap, and the staff happily provided it for me). The kitchenette had adequate dishes, cooking utensils, and silverware. Being an extended-stay suite, the maid came in the middle of the week to change the towels and bedding, which was fine. There is a coin-op laundry room on-site which was very convenient. I felt safe there and the room didn't have any funny smells. I highly recommend this hotel for the budget-conscious traveler, and I will definitely stay at Equus my next visit to Albuquerque.

• Stayed June 2005
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

We stayed here in April of 2003 for one week. It was very nice and clean. The only problems we had were finding the hotel. It was kind of hidden in a residential neighborhood area. I also remember there wasn't an elevator and we had to use the steps to get to our upstairs room. I guess all of the handicapped rooms must be on the lower level. The room was a little on the small side but had an adequate kitchenette. We only got one bed though being that we weren't with kids. Housekeeping doesn't do the dishes for you, just so you know. We didn't "cook" much so I don't know about how many pots and pans there were. The staff was great about getting us extra pillows. The bathroom was average size, and I believe it had a bench on the back of the tub which was nice for shaving. There was always hot water, pleanty of towels, and it was fairly quiet. I'd stay here again, though I'd like to venture out more next time.

• Stayed April 2003
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2004

Clean, comfortable, affordable rooms and a wonderful staff made my stay that much more enjoyable!! This hotel felt like home with all its GREAT amenities. I will definately be staying here again and again on my return visits!!!

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque? Share your experiences!