“At Interstate Crossroads but Quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque

You added Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Wellesley Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Equus Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“At Interstate Crossroads but Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed one night while traveling - had a/c on all night so no traffic noise. Kitchen with pots/pans. very clean. Nice, firm bed. Helpful, friendly staff. Can walk to a few places but situated 1-2 exists from on I-40 and I-25 interchange. Plenty of eats w/i a short drive. Only odd thing was there is not hallway ice machine but you could make (a little) ice in your full-size fridge (or buy ice!). Stayed on points (free) but rates seemed reasonable.

Room Tip: Can ask for room away from I-40 but with A/C on I doubt you'll hear any traffic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you Steve S for your review of our hotel and of our staff. I will be sure to let them all know that you enjoyed your stay.

I do hear often about the lack of ice machine on the property, I am looking to purchase one as it would benefit all our guests. We will add that to our list for next years improvements. I appreciate all suggestions to make our guests stay that much better.

We hope to see you again when you are heading back through Albuquerque.

Kind regards,
Heather Buskirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went online looking for a good hotel when I found Suburban Extended Stay. I Personally Loved this Hotel. Staff is really nice and polite. Rooms are clean and comfortable. They have Great Prices, really affordable. the only downside is that there is no Pool. Otherwise I Will Definitely stay here again on my next vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Kenia A, for your positive feedback during your stay at the hotel. I am happy we were able to meet most of your needs, I am sorry that we did not have a pool. I will be sure to give all the staff kudos on the great service they provide to you and all our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Moving to ABQ from out of state, we have been here at the Suburban for a month. We looked at the room before checking in. Didn't like the soft bed in the first choice, no problem looking at a second room which we took. King bed is very comfortable. Service at the front is excellent. Room meets our temporary needs quite well. Kitchen works out good and was stocked with amenities. Larger frig holds a week worth of groceries. I don't know what some of the others are talking about not being clean. We have had no complaints with our weekly maid service. And anytime we need clean towels or sheets we can pick them up at the desk. It's not the Ritz, but we think it's an excellent stop for a casual stay. Very busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Barb7898,

Thank you for all your positive feedback on our hotel! We appreciate your review and thank you for being apart of our Suburban family while looking for your permanent residence here in Albuquerque. Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with while you are in this transition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is friendly they make you feel like home ;) great service!! The location is close to the highways not a lot of driving to get to it when you dont know the city very well plus they are close to stores if you need something the store is less than 5 minutes away! If you are hungry you have restaurants less than a minute away!! My best place to stay when passing by Albuquerque!!

• Stayed February 2013
AleMar1,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad we were able to meet all your needs and our staff made you feel at home. We look forward to your next visit.

Heather
Tahlequah, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a Post by post account from Facebook of my wifes stay at this hotel on July 5, 62013.

Made it to New Mexico. Staying at the Suburban Extended Stay. The most disgusting hotel I've ever been to in my life. A security guard let me in to get my room, a gang member was standing outside my room but he seemed nice actually. The room had damp towels with a couple of hairs on them, the coffee pot had some tasty old coffee waiting for me, the room had not been clean, at all, probably ever. It's already paid for, and I'm exhausted. I feel unsafe and worried about my vehicle getting stolen. I just want sleep. I went back to the office to get clean sheets and clean towels but the security guard wouldn't give me any. We brought our own pillows so I'm praying I don't get lice. I'm never using Priceline again, if I survive.

Now the clerk at suburban extended stay in albuquerque told me they made a mistake and put us in a room that hasn't been clean. He said I should have asked for another room! I told him I insisted on another room or at least clean sheets and towels and she refused me! I'm calling the chain and writing a review and never staying here or in any if their hotels again.

I was given a dirty room last night. When I went back to the office to complain and ask for clean towels and sheets I was refused. I was not given another clean room either. It was 1 in the morning, raining, and I had driven 14 hours. I stripped the bed used my own pillows and slept for a few hours. This morning I went down to get clean towels and report my experience with the "security guard" I was told by the desk clerk that I should have asked for a clean room or left! He (Darwin) said it was my fault for staying!

So, there you have my wifes experience at this hotel. Looking at the post prior to mine I see a theme developing here. Hopefully management gets a handle on their issues.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Aquariuz,

Thank you for sharing your wife's review, I would like to address everything that has been shared.

First I would like to apologize, when booking through priceline all reservations are booked as the basic least expensive room type. They do not specify smoking or non, they do not give the option for rooms with multiple beds. I would also like to apologize for the the security guard on duty and will address the lack of customer service she gave you with the compnay she is employed by.

Last and most importantly, the cleanliness of the room issue, I do apologize that there was a hair on the sheets, we do our best to make sure that all linen is hair free when placed on the bedding. We want to offer all our guests to have the cleanest and safest accomodations.

Due to not meeting your expectations we have returned half of your stay to priceline, you may want to contact them to ensure you get it back. We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
Montesano, Washington, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Everything about the hotel seemed fine as far as checking in and the outside appearance and location. I stayed one night. Reserved the room through priceline and the price was right. The room was small but sufficient. Only issue, epic fail on part of the maid!! There were pubic hair on the bathroom floor, shower curtain was dirty dirty! Some of the dishes had crusted cheese on them (had a kitchenette) microwave had dried up cheese in it. bathroom mirror was dirty, kitchen floor was dirty, counter top was dirty, cutting board was dirty, towels were not even hung decent..little bottle of dish soap was half empty and missing the lid. if your not going to clean at least straighten the towels! I threw the comforter off first thing, bedsheets were clean!! That was my main concern. Coffee station was dirty and had no supplies, dusty furniture and carpet was poorly vacummed and in desperate need of a shampoo. The room was tiny! it could have been cleaned much better. The bed was comfortable and roomy!!! I informed the front desk, not because I expected a refund or free stay but so they can find out who 'maid up' the room and re train them??! Funniest thing, on the fridge was a statement that offered free maid service every 7 days, if anything was needed beforehand a fee would incur. Hmm...how about cleaning the room in the first place??!!

Room Tip: I highly doubt every room was like mine but just had to state my crappola experience there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Lisa R. ,
I am sincerely sorry for the cleanliness issues of your room. You are absolutely right the housekeeper failed you and the hotel with the issues you have described here. The lack of attention to detail and quality of cleaning is most definitely not the standards of our hotel. I can assure you that the housekeeper who cleaned this room will be sent through additional training. Thank you for expressing your unsatisfactory stay at our hotel so that we can make sure this does not happen to another guest.

I hope you will consider staying at our hotel again in the future.

BAKERSFIELD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I arrived in the evening late & the said no problem & put us in nice 1st floor rooms perfect for handicap. I loved having the Kitchen where we could cook & make our own Ice. I like it so much I went & made a reservation for my return trip. When the man saw me come thru the door @ 9:30 at night. He called me by name & said I didn't expect you until tomorrow. I said oh no. He said its ok he signed us in for 2 rooms & all was good. I checked & I had booked 2 hotels on the same day in 2 diff states. This Hotel is near everything so I would go back again. A home away from home. Now one thing did happen we can laugh at the new security guy printed us room keys & the later came & knocked & said I show this room should be empty. We looked at him & he said oh I gave you the keys myself. But is does show they are out patrolling & checking during the night.

Room Tip: Just tell the Man at the desk what you need.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Gerald G for your recent review of our hotel and for returning on your way back!

We appreciate your business. We consider all our guests a part of the Suburban Family and I am so pleased that the staff remembered you, little touches like thiseally does make the difference.
However, I would like to apologize to you for the security guard knocking on your door after check in. I will make sure they print a new vacant list after everyone has checked in so guests are not disturbed.

We look forward to your next visit home!

Heather Buskirk

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque? Share your experiences!