“So nice I had to Stay on my return trip.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque

You added Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Wellesley Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Equus Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #85 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
BAKERSFIELD
“So nice I had to Stay on my return trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I arrived in the evening late & the said no problem & put us in nice 1st floor rooms perfect for handicap. I loved having the Kitchen where we could cook & make our own Ice. I like it so much I went & made a reservation for my return trip. When the man saw me come thru the door @ 9:30 at night. He called me by name & said I didn't expect you until tomorrow. I said oh no. He said its ok he signed us in for 2 rooms & all was good. I checked & I had booked 2 hotels on the same day in 2 diff states. This Hotel is near everything so I would go back again. A home away from home. Now one thing did happen we can laugh at the new security guy printed us room keys & the later came & knocked & said I show this room should be empty. We looked at him & he said oh I gave you the keys myself. But is does show they are out patrolling & checking during the night.

Room Tip: Just tell the Man at the desk what you need.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you Gerald G for your recent review of our hotel and for returning on your way back!

We appreciate your business. We consider all our guests a part of the Suburban Family and I am so pleased that the staff remembered you, little touches like thiseally does make the difference.
However, I would like to apologize to you for the security guard knocking on your door after check in. I will make sure they print a new vacant list after everyone has checked in so guests are not disturbed.

We look forward to your next visit home!

Heather Buskirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roswell, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everything was great it was in a great location good price the bed was my favorite it was so comfortable! The only thing I am going to complain about was the man at the desk when I went to go check out he was a rude he was eating sunflower seeds while talking spitting them out in the middle of his sentence grossed me out he wouldn't look me in my eyes and I myself work at a hotel at the desk and I would never do that. But, other than him the stay was great I plan on staying there again my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you heath l for your recent review of our hotel, I am pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the new beds. We look forward to your next visit.

ABQ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are looking for work....."apply online!" BEWARE. The Wi-Fi at Suburban is dismal. I have been here 3 weeks, looking for work and I get knocked off their internet AT LEAST 10-12 times EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM ON......

VERY VERY FUSTRATING.

Besides that and the abundance of DOG POOP.....it was nice enough!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Judy,

I would like to apologize for our internet issues during your stay. We were in transition from regular service to upgrades of fiber optics and a 10mb connection. I would also like to apologize for the pet droppings, we do request that all the guests staying with us walk their pets in a designated area and clean up after them. Sometimes this does not happen. I sure hope you will stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My stay was very pleasant and the attendants and people who work there were very amiable and professional.And I would definitely stay there again knowing that my next stay will be exceptional as well.

• Stayed June 2013
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you telli131 for your review!

I am very pleased we met your expectations and that our staff was attentive and professional. We look forward to your next visit. I hope that our hotel will become your home away from home while in Albuquerque!

Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The property was clean and in a safe neighborhood. Unfortunately our room was on the 2nd floor so it was a bit difficult climbing the stairs with all our stuff. Close to Ruby's BBQ (1 block walk) and Park Inn Hotel for happy hour food and drink specials. Decent size room and nice to have a microwave and refrig. included in the price. Unfortunately didn't have the small extras like no kleenex and NO ICE machines. This was a first for my husband, but we haven't been to an extended stay place before, so the expectation of ice was important. Also didn't have any hair dryers available, but overall it was OK.

Room Tip: Request ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Lois K for your recent review of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. As a extended stay hotel there are items we do not offer like other hotels; including kleenex, ice machines and hairdryers in the rooms as well as some other items. However we are looking to purchase a ice machine and additional hair dryers to have available for our guests. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to make our guest experience the best we can!

I hope that you will stay with us again.

Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night as a stepping stone to our next destination. I was attracted to this location because of some of its amenities, including the kitchen facilities. We needed a fridge because we has perishable food with us. Plus there were a lot of 5s in the satisfaction from previous guest. I am giving it a 4 because of a few disappointments.

First, when I made the reservation more than a week in advance, I requested a ground level room because of an invisible disability I have that makes it hard for me to carry heavy items up the steps. I assumed this would be enough time to accommodate this request. But when we arrived, they said they had no ground level rooms, and gave us one on the second floor. And the clerk appeared unconcerned about this issue. This made it so my middle aged dad on father's day had to carry two 50-pound suitcases up the steps for me plus his own stuff. He said he didn't mind, but I was concerned about this.

The room was mostly clean. But the kitchen looked a little worn. One thing I didn't like is that instead of having an ice maker from which immediate ice could be obtained, they just had ice trays in the freezer. I wanted to have a cold drink the moment I checked in. But it would take several hours either before the drinks we had purchased had cooled or the ice had finished freezing. It would be nice to have both the ice and and ice maker on premises.

My dad if he were writing a review would give this place a 5. He was happy. And if not for these deficiencies, I would have too. Everything else about the room was nice. I also liked that there was a Walmart a few blocks away. That was helpful too, as we needed many items from Walmart on this trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you colorknit for your recent review of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for not having a room avialable on the first floor for your stay. We do our best to accomodate all special requests.

On a positive note we have seen many requests for ice machines and it seems to be a highly requested item to have at our hotel so we are looking to purchase one for our property. We hope your next visit you will give us a 5 out of 5.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

KInd Regards,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

could not believe the price i paid for the room 27$, and it has a full kitchen, room is super clean and with breakfast. really close to airport. stayed there for 3 nights. will definitely go back if i visit ABQ again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you Paula S. !
I am pleased you and your family were happy and comfortable at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us and hope there will be many more! See you next time!

Heather Buskirk

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque? Share your experiences!