“Good Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque

You added Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Wellesley Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Equus Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #85 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Iowa City, Iowa
“Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a good place for a great price $31. Good location to the highway so I could get around the town quickly. Close to Walmart and walking distance to a Rudy's BBQ. It was nice to have the kitchenette. The place was quite, I asked for a room not facing the highway and I got an upstairs room. No pool no exersize room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in between the buildings and upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. I am plesed we were able to meet your special request for your room location during your stay. We like to make sure all our guests are satisfied while making us their home away from home. We look forward to your next trip to Albuquerque!

Heather Buskirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Great quiet location. Queen size room was a good size with small usable kitchen. Good to have full size fridge and microwave. Brand new flat screen tv. Plenty of storage space. Great price including government and discount rates. Not that great for kids as no pool area

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Roswell Cop,

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. We are continually making changes to the hotel to meet the ever changing needs of travelers. We hope that you will visit us again when in Albuquerque.

Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The location was okay, the rate was low. The room was dirty - I washed kitchen floor and wiped counters. Lamp by bed did not work, TV remote did not work, AC unit was very loud and not reliable. Other guests were very noisy, making it hard to sleep. The blackout curtains let a lot of light in above the curtain rod so it was way too bright. Add cracked tiles on floor, crumbling grout in bathroom, that's about it. Desk clerk was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear L C,

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed with the cleanliness and condition standards you have mentioned in the review. It is not the standard of our housekeeping or maintenance department that we want or will tolerate at the hotel. I am sincerly sorry that your stay was not what you paid for or expected. We are continually making changes to the hotel and I would hope that you would consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me, I would be happy to make your reservation and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,608 reviews 1,608 reviews
1,519 helpful votes 1,519 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here many times before and had a good night before doing to the airport early which is about 15 minutes away. Darwin, the desk clerk is one of the best we have met. King size bed, large room. A little noise from room above and this motel could provide a toaster and soup spoons. Not a bad place to stay with great senior rates of about $35 a night.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PneMiller,

Thank you for being one of our frequent guests and for visiting us every year! I will be sure to let Darwin know about your great compliment, he is a very valuable member of our team.
Also, I wanted to let you know that we still have toasters but we have them available on request. I will make sure we note your past reservation so for future reservations we will have one in your room waiting for you.

See you again soon,

tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed two nights and had no problems, no complaints, but I am very easy to please. I checked in easliy, went about my business, and checked out. The room was clean, the air conditioner good, the bed good. There was no coffee in the room, but maybe I should bring my own; it is extended stay. My only grumble was that it was so nearly full that I had to park on the far side of the building a good walk from my room. I booked a great rate, quite a bit less than the $49.99 their sign announced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We made a BIG mistake booking at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2012 via the Hotels.com. For the amount we paid, we could have stayed at another 2 or 3 star hotels in Albuquerque, NM where the staff are trained to address travelers' needs.

The employees working at the front desk we met these 2 days were not friendly. They did not have any brochures or maps regarding Albuquerque and its tourist spots. They made us feel that we were bothering them when we asked for information.

Our room was dirty, saw some hair at the kitchen counter and vanity. There were people smoking at the staircase near our room. Their smoke infiltrated our room and being very sensitive to smoke, I was bothered by it.

Overall, I gave this hotel a grade of C and we would never stay there again.

Room Tip: For shorter stay such as 2 days, do not stay at this hotel.Staff is not friendly and there is no fre...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at the Suburban for one week recently booked through Hotwire. For the price the room was reasonably clean, the property maintained well enough. Other than some room key issues and a noisy group of 8 or so staying in the room next to us things went smoothly enough.......until the last day. I was awakened by a faint tap on my door at 8AM on Sunday morning and as I started to sit up a housekeeper barged right in. Usually housekeepers identify themselves and knock loudly, this one didn't and got an eyeful of me in my boxer shorts. I called the desk and asked why this happened and was told it was a mistake on the list of rooms to be cleaned by Darwin at the front desk. Ok fair enough, mistakes happen and I should have used the deadbolt. After checking out we realized we forgot our home pillows, my cell phone charger, and a dog toy in the room and immediately called and asked if we could get them from the desk and were told no problem by the same guy, Darwin. When I showed up to pick up my things the lady at the front desk Sara was treating a rough looking couple very rudely and refusing to rent to them, which I didn't have a problem with but thought she was overly rude to them. I asked her for my things and she immediately jumped on me like she had been waiting all day for me. I was told I could not have my belongings back until I paid $15 per night for my dog. I was shocked, I paid through Hotwire after narrowing my search to pet friendly hotels, and my dog was with me at check-in, she even got on her hind legs and put her paws on the counter, and I was never told about a $15 per night pet fee. And now my things were being held ransom. She said Darwin told her to not give me my property until I paid the pet fee. I asked if Darwin was on site after a heated argument with Sara. She called him and he refused to come to the desk leaving her to enforce his poor decision. I was in the parking lot trying to call Hotwire when my wife went in to try and talk some sense into her. She finally handed over the room key, our room hadn't even been cleaned so we quickly grabbed our stuff and returned the key. If you pay and book online under the pet friendly hotels, BRING your dog to check in, you don't expect to get held up for more cash at check out, not to mention have a hotel try and use your possessions of little monetary value as leverage against you. I wouldn't stay here again needless to say.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are a pet friendly hotel and we cater to people and their pets, we also have a daily pet fee noted on all of our registration cards and at the front desk to make sure our guests are aware of the fees at check in.

It is not the Suburban Extended Stay hotels policy to hold anyone’s items for collateral or ransom for payment. It is also not acceptable for my staff to treat you with such unprofessionalism when you returned to pick up forgotten items at the hotel. The behavior and attitude of the staff that assisted you is not acceptable and none of our guests should be treated that way. We do not and will not tolerate such behaviors and will address this immediately. I hope that you will consider staying with us again and I can assure you that this will never happen to any of our guests in the future.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque? Share your experiences!