“Very Disappointed ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 1,535 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to Nexus, the beer place that brings people together. It's not just a place; it's an experience. Nexus Brewery is dedicated on being the Albuquerque brewery that people can count on when it comes to providing amazing tasting beer and excellent food. We love good beer, and that makes our job just that much more fun. We sell delicious New Mexican soul food with a mix of southern comfort food. Come on down to Nexus Brewery and enjoy the beer we brew. We'd love to meet you and pour you a cold one.
“Very Disappointed ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We've been excited to go because we've heard good things. But my first visit will be my last. I have never written a bad review, so I'm not that picky. The service was slow and not friendly, both our dishes (fried pork steak and a burger) were overcooked and filled inaccurately. The pork steak, mashed potatoes and fried okra were all bland.

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I'm sorry to hear your visit was a disappointment, Bryan. That said, I appreciate your honest feedback and will be sure to share your constructive criticism on the pork steak and burger with the kitchen. (I'll also have a word with my front-of-house staff about being more welcoming and picking up the pace.)

Even though we failed to show you the 5-star time we aim to deliver, do you think you'd consider giving us another try? I'm confident we have what it takes to impress you.

Houston, Texas
“Beer is very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Nice hangout for a beer or two. Food is not bad, but nothing special. Typical pub food, portions are good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thanks for stopping by, Ruediger. Although I'm glad you enjoyed our beer, I'm sorry you weren't more impressed with our food. We have a large, eclectic menu with all kinds of atypical pub options (the New Mexican soul food bent of our menu sets us apart from other pubs, if you ask me), and if you decide to come back, I'm confident you could find something that would really hit the spot.

Take care,
Ken
“Good brews, average+ food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Part of Husband's Christmas present, a visit to another DDD restaurant (added points for me - a brewery!) while we were visiting family in ABQ.

We ate at the Nexus Brewery twice during our stay in ABQ. It was quite busy the first night, and we were told we'd have a 45 minute wait, but it was only about 15 minutes. The beer was good (we really liked the Irish Red) but the food seemed just a little above average. First night, we had the fish tacos and a pulled pork sandwich with fries, both meals were just kinda ho-hum. Second night was better, with a chicken breast (fried, and it was definitely yummy!) on a nice salad with a variety of lettuces and cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and just a plate of fries to share. Good ranch dressing, which is always a plus! We were staying just around the corner, so it was nice to have a place close-by to have an evening meal and drink without having to worry about driving.

I'd give this a 4 star on the beer and a 3+ star on the food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Centennial, Colorado
“Beer and soul food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had driven down from Santa Fe so that I could visit the tasting room at Gruet, and the staff at Gruet recommended Nexus when we asked about a brew pub in the area. It was super busy with a wait for a table so we sat at the bar and had a great time chatting up the bartender. My husband enjoyed his IPA, and their iced tea is excellent (I had already had enough to drink at the tasting room). We ordered the calabacitas, which was zucchini and yellow squash mixed with corn and green chile. The portion was generous (we ordered the large) and arrived piping hot. They were fabulous. We also ordered the chips and salsa, but these were disappointing. I would have loved to have tried the chicken as well. Next time!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thanks for checking us out. Although I wish you'd enjoyed our chips and salsa as much as our calabacitas and iced tea, I'm glad you had a nice experience overall, and I appreciate the honest review. Looking forward to hearing what you think of our fried chicken!

Cheers,
Casper, Wyoming
“You have to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Saw this place on Diners Drive ins, and Dives... didn't disappoint. Great selection of craft beers, local wines, and excellent food! The staff was great, very friendly. Have the chicken and waffles!

Visited March 2014
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thanks for stopping by, Kaycee. Great food, great beer, great service—it sounds like we did right by you on all accounts, which is really nice to hear. The next time you're in Albuquerque, you know where to find us!

Cheers,