“Highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 1,562 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Hamburgers, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Good food, comfortable environment and an inspiring story regarding the owner who has Down's
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Traveling Rt 66 this was one stop we were really excited about. My husband and I saw Tim's story on Story Corp about a year ago and since we knew we would be in the area we added Tim's Place to our itinerary for breakfast. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and was impeccable clean inside and out. Our breakfast was delicious and priced appropriately. But receiving a hug from Tim was priceless! We got to chat with Tim for bit also. So glad we added Tim's Place to our list of must stops and you should too.

Visited July 2013

new jerey
“So happy that I got to meet Tim.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The greeting and hug from Tim made us feel really welcome. The restarurant is bright and clean. The service was very good. The food was priced well and very tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Williston, Florida
“Truly a happy place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tim, who has Down Syndrome, always wanted to own a restaurant and so his parents indulged him. We knew none of this when we were searching for breakfast in Albuquerque. We were greeted at the door by college-age male servers, seated and attended to promptly. My husband had Huevos Rancheros, which he said were "fine". I had the "I Got the Blues" pancakes, which are made with blue corn. The texture is definitely different but once I got used to it, I enjoyed them since they burst with blueberries. The food we had was average, but I loved the idea of a dream fulfilled and the amazing Tim story. Dining there prompted me to Google Tim and read more about him and his story. You should too.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“A special place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food is just one aspect in this place. Tim is a young man with down syndrom who owns and runs the restaurant. There is a special vibe to this place. Honestly, food is very mediocre but service is superb and when we saw Tim getting into the restaurant with a shopping cart, I just felt how special this place is. Talking about inner resources of an individual. Everyone who works there seems to get "it". We had their mountain breakfast and vege omelette. Everything was fine but once again, it was not the food but the total atmosphere that will make us go back there again. Extremely reasonable price as well.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Good for the soul and yummy too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

When I moved to Albuquerque, Tim's Place was one of the first places I ate. The atmosphere at this restaurant is amazing. Owner Tim makes sure everyone enjoys their visit and is treated well. Food is good too! I haven't had anything at this place I haven't liked. My favorite is the breakfast burrito smothered with green chile and stuffed with bacon and sausage. Ohh, if you are there in the morning get a cinnamon roll. Yum!

• Visited December 2012