“Rude. Expensive. Rude.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 199 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: iT'Z the best place in town for a fresh Italian buffet, over 150 games, Bumper Cars, Frog Hopper Ride, Rock Wall and the Spinoli indoor ride!
“Rude. Expensive. Rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had been regulars at iTZ since it opened. We've always bought the unlimited passes, the buffet, and had a great time. Last time we went for our sons birthday and again we bought 4 buffets and 4 unlimited passes which is $108 without tax, roughly $115 with tax. We were surprised that when using our unlimited game cards we weren't allowed to play any games that gave you prizes, or tickets. It didnt used to be this was amd I failed to see the 4mm fine print at the bottom. When I asked about it they simply said they had changed it and too bad. The place was a disaster. Dirty tables, trash on the floor, old food was out. When I asked a worker when they might put out new pizza (which took 15 minutes just to find someone to ask) they said "later". Real helpful. The ice cream machine was broken the entire experience was a joke. They advertise unlimited game cards but its really only unlimited on 30% of games and none that little kids want to play so we spent another $40 on another game card so the kids could play games that gave tickets. There's also a lock out system so it's not truly unlimited. If you play a quick game then want to play again you're "locked out" for a specific amount of time. For being "unlimited" they sure have a lot of limitations. So, for $155 we had old, cold food, in a filthy atmosphere, with rude service, and no dessert. All of this might have been overlooked but I called the next day to speak with a manager who I guess wasn't in. I emailed my complaint via the "contact us" feature on the website and never got a response. I guess our $155 that we spend 4-6x a year or $620-$930 a year was meaningless and not worth a response. That in my mind solidified that management does not care about your concerns or experiences. I noticied someone else reviewed them with similar complaints and the manager responded ignoring the fact that their dinning experience was awful, and instead just listed their prices, it's insulting. Why would I return someplace where the employees were rude, the food was awful, the place was filthy, the tables weren't cleared, the prices were high, the unlimited passes were limited, and nobody responded to my concerns? Addressing someone's concerns by explaining how they can spend more money is absolutely terrible business in my opinion. Even at the groupon price I would not ever spend one more dime at this place. Since that time we've been going to Hinkle family fun center. It's always fun, and the employees are always really nice. I'm in no way affiliated with Hinkle, I work in the medical field. I'm simply a mom who enjoys taking my young kids out to have fun. I believe we all work hard in our careers and considerimg the current economy customer service, one would think, would be a priority. I'm not going to spend hard earned money and waste my limited and precious family time in a place that doesn't appreciate, or value my clientage or can even be bothered with providing me a response to my concerns.

Visited August 2012
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about your recent visit to our park. I would like to thank you for being a loyal guest and for bringing your family here to visit us. I apologize that we did not receive your "Contact Us" form via the web, as we pride ourselves on responding as soon as possible to ALL web submissions.

As you may have read from other comments, a few years ago, we changed our unlimited pass. Our Biggest Deal allows our guests to enjoy an all day unlimited pass to our buffet, soft drinks, rides, mini bowling, unlimited video games, and 20 points to play the ticket and prize games.
We do understand that this was upsetting to some of our guests at the time, so we have lowered the cost to our prize and ticket games and brought in more rides and video games.
Your description of our buffet is concerning to me. We do strive to provide a clean, safe, fun environment for our guests to enjoy.

I would really like to hear more about your visit. Please feel free to email me directly at rbowen@itzusa.com or call me at 5058833677. I promise you that you will receive a response from me promptly.

We look forward to hearing from you and we hope you have a great day!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
9 attraction reviews
“No bang for buck. But handy on a rainy day. Find coupons!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

$26 bucks for buffet and 3 hrs of mainly every machine and attraction. Its a public place so stay near your kids. My visit I saw two guys grinding on eachother. For most part clean and useable. Us adults liked eating while watching a movie. Kids liked the 3 minor rides.

Visited May 2013
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello CalebLopes,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park! We always appreciate all feedback.
In the past, we have had a pass that our guests would enjoy all our rides and arcade games and did not have to pay to enter.

Among requiring a minimum purchase of a buffet and drink purchase to enter, we have made some other changes to our park. Recently, we have added two rides, Indoor Rock Climbing and Frog Hopper, and added many prize and video games.

Our current all day pass includes unlimited rides, unlimited mini bowling, unlimited video games, 20 points to play the ticket and prize games, and enjoy our buffet and soft drink.

We would love to hear about your future visits! Please feel free to contact me at rbowen@itzusa.com about your future visits.

Thanks again for your review and we hope you are having a great day!

Itz Albuquerque
Rbowen@itzusa.com
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Will never go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food is HORRIBLE! I do not know why anyone would let their kids eat that food..it is very low quality and it tastes like it. We spent a lot of money on their point card system and did not use all the points. When we returned to use up our points, they told us that we had to buy another buffet for everyone in our party. Considering how bad the food was, I refused to do this. The manager didn't offer any suggestions or offer a refund on all our unused points. Very disappointing because we would have been regulars if we had a better experience. Worst customer service and rude staff.

Visited April 2013
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We do appreciate all feedback!

For many years, we allowed our guests to enter our park on a “honor system.” Until November of last year, our guests were allowed to enter our park to just play games. After many years of research and guest interaction, we have found that we could no longer operate using this system.

We have since asked that all our guests either purchase a buffet and drink or one of our “Deals” everytime they enter our park. All our “Deals” include the buffet and drink for free and it is totally up to the guest whether or not to take advantage of it.

Our “Deals” are the following:

Biggest Deal (Best Value) - all day rides, all day video games, all day mini bowling, 20 point fun card, unlimited buffet and soft drink;
Big Deal – 120 points to play the games, unlimited buffet and soft drink;
Deal – 60 points, unlimited buffet and soft drink

I would like to hear more about the manager that helped you. If you have the time, please email me at rbowen@itzusa.com.

Thanks again for you taking the time to let us know about your experience and we hope you are having a great day!

iT’Z Albuquerque
Albuquerque
5 attraction reviews
“Kid party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food buffet is decent for a kid party complete w/pizza, nachos, pasta, salad, two desserts and more. All party members were required to pay to enter even if they were not eating. For the arcade, the kids get a credit card; no tokens. My child used her card up within 15 min! Grrr. The arcade area had a variety of games for kids but I feel it is for ages ranging from to 10-16. Though there is an area for little ones but not feeling this is their target grp. I wasn't very comfortable with my elementary kids mixing with middle schoolers or HS aged teens. They have room w/various themes including sports on big flat screens and the other rooms had cartoons, kid movies and music themes. We were able to bring in our own cake. Kids had a blast.

Visited December 2012
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
RageNButrly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We appreciate and welcome all feedback from our guests good or bad.

We do offer all day Unlimited Birthday Packages or Deals. This will keep guests of all ages busy for hours with all our indoor attractions and video games. All our games do work with a credit card style program. We do have some machines that require tokens. Guests may use their cards to get tokens from our token machines located inside our Game Room.

I am glad to hear that your kids had a blast and we hope to hear from and see you again soon.

Thanks again and we hope you are having a great day!

Southwest US
8 attraction reviews
“A fun place for youngsters of all ages.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Unlike the othere kid arcade/pizza places this has a varied menu. We've enjoyed a buffet of fresh food with many choices. There are several rooms some showing recent movies, away from the noise of the kid games.

Visited September 2012
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello tvlcard!

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We always like to hear about our guests visits! We always strive to have great food and entertainment in all areas of our park.

Please feel free to email me at rbowen@itzusa.com about your future visits!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks again and we hope you are having a great day!