“Sophistication in the heart of Albuquerque” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Save Saved
You added Hotel Parq Central to your Saves list
Hotel Parq Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   806 Central Ave, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Ranked #1 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
santa fe
“Sophistication in the heart of Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed the night in Hotel Parq Central -- a very cool, yet comfortable, hotel -- just blocks from the best restaurants in the town. The hotel is in a historic building and close to everything. We loved the rooftop bar/restaurant. The rooms were great! Finally Albquerque has a boutique hotel which isn't part of a big chain with great personal service and terrific rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I too am a local and was highly impressed with this new hotel. As a matter of fact, even though we use TripAdvisor all the time, this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review. We have been watching the construction on this hotel for a while and were anxious to see the interior (since the exterior of this historic building has been amazingly maintained). I think whoever the architects and designers for this project were, they did a wonderful job. We were greeted immediately by both the man opening the door for us and the woman at the reception desk. I would agree that the room we stayed in was small, but definitely well outfitted (frig,safe, robe, internet connection etc.).
We had some wonderful quiche and fruit for breakfast and again chatted with the people serving it, who couldn't have been nicer. In the morning we took a minute to explore the rooftop bar/lounge, and were only sorry we had not done so the night before when it was open (apparently daily at 4:30 - since we asked). I think the previous reviewer might have had too high expectation in terms of a boutique hotel if he/she was looking for a restaurant and/or room service. For food in the area some of our favorite restaurants are just down the block (Farina (yummy brick oven pizza), Artichoke (their upscale sister), Standard Diner, and of course The Grove (probably the best breakfast/brunch in town). The Hotel offers SUV service. A woman we chatted with from NY who was in on business said she had used the service quite a bit and that it was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

As a long time resident of Albuquerque, I always admired this historic building and was excited to hear about the renovation into a new boutique hotel. Once the hotel was accepting reservations, I called to book a room for two. I was promised I had a reservation but their reservation system wasn't in place yet so I wasn't given a confirmation number. When I arrived it seemed very unorganized yet less than a handful of cars in the parking lot. The staff attempted to be helpful but the gentleman introduced as the hotel's director seemed to be way too friendly socializing with the younger female employees than to pay any attention to us. Our room was average in size but very sterile. As I walked the facility, I realized that the descriptions on their website were strongly exaggerated and there wasn't anywhere to grab a bite since there isn't a restaurant, room-service and the bar wasn't open yet. We're not familiar with downtown and didn't see much in the area. Suggestions by the staff was made but didn't have any menus for places mentioned. After a decent nights rest, we walked to the end of the hall for our free coffee and decided to try the breakfast. The pastry was cold in the middle which lead me to believe, it wasn't made fresh. I understand they are just getting the doors open but I felt compelled to tell the readers it isn't worth the low introductory rates and nothing it is promised to be!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Wayzata, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

This Hotel is incredible! One of the best I have ever stayed in all over the country! Clean, fresh, designed without flaws! The Roof Top cocktail lounge offers incredible views of the city like non other! A Must in Albuquerque!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

The Hotel Parq Central is a "just opened" small hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was fully remodeled from an old hospital with many of the motifys used from the original building opening in the early 1900's. The room I stayed in was quiet and included nice details including a large shower, internet connectivity, and view of the garden with fountain. The room rate included a continental breakfast and the hotel staff was very helpful. The Parq Central is also within walking distance of several new cafes. Definitely a fine addition to Albuquerque.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Tijeras, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with 3 girlfriends at start of a New Mexico mini vacation...we stayed in 2 rooms in the "Power House", a separate building behind the main hotel - felt like having our own apartment! Nice view of park next door, windows that actually open, very comfortable bed, luxurious Frette linens, beautiful bathroom, awesome shower, nice toiletries, robes so comfy and nice that all 4 of us bought one to take home. Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating, great coffee in a.m., didn't eat the free breakfast, but looked great - some kind of fresh made breakfast quiche...ate at Milton's instead - right across the street from hotel...been there forever, looks like it would be a "greasy spoon" diner, food was surprisingly delicious - great New Mexican breakfast, a little joint with lots of personality, a regular sitting at counter with cigarette stored behind his ear for later...Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the charming Hotel Parq Central and we were very pleased. When we arrived we had plenty of parking to choose from and were greeted by the staff as soon as we walked in. We were extremely impressed by the staff as they escorted us to our room and explained that we had coffee and tea in the morning on our floor and a complimentary breakfast as well. It was nice to be able to wake up, grab some coffee and take our time getting ready and know breakfast was waiting for us. Our room was a perfect size with a little living room area, spacious bedroom, two flat screen TV’s, extremely comfortable bed, cozy robes and great bath products. I had forgotten my laptop and the staff informed me that they had a small business center where I was able to get online with no problem at all. My husband of course loved the large flat screen monitors and I loved the high speed internet. But, our favorite part of the hotel is the rooftop lounge that had amazing drinks, delicious appetizers and an amazing view of the sunset! We’ll definitely be coming back to enjoy Parq Central again sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Parq Central? Share your experiences!