“Cool hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parq Central

You added Hotel Parq Central to your Saves list
Hotel Parq Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   806 Central Ave, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Ranked #1 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Cool hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was an old hospital turned into a hotel, and I think it is beautiful. Fun furniture in lobby, great location. And the staff was very attentive.

However, the breakfast was very average. Hotel advertises it as "gourmet", but it was a very average continental breakfast.

I really like this hotel overall.

• Stayed January 2013
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Coresidenttraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that you found the property to be beautiful and that you enjoyed the furniture in the lobby. We are pleased that the location worked will for you and that you found our staff to be very attentive. We are sorry that the breakfast fell short of your expectations. We do make the quiche in house and offer freshly baked pastries in addition to a variety of cereals, yogurts, oatmeal, fresh fruits and juices. We are glad that you overall liked Hotel Parq Central!

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Noelle Wallace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel made our trip. It was very clean and comfortable. The decor was fantastic. The staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Loved the hot water, tea and coffee out in the morning on our hotel floor. Great central location. Breakfast was tasty and substantial in a nice setting. Nothing was left untouched in this renovation. Good job!! If I am ever back in the ALB area, I will definitely stay here and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Britmex49,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. Nothing pleases us more than knowing that your time with us was the highlight of your trip! We are glad that you found the property to be clean and comfortable, the decor fantastic and our staff to be helpful. We enjoy breakfast each morning and we are happy that you found it to be tasty and substantial. We are delighted that you found the renovation to be a success.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and your recommendation of Hotel Parq Central to friends. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Albuquerque!

Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised when we checked in as the suite was above expectation. As we are from Florida and it was 15 degrees in ABQ that night, we turned up the heat to take the chill off the room only to find that the thermostat was centrally controlled. Called front desk and asked them to up a bit (never happened) and called again before turning in (no change) ... there was a fireplace in the bedroom so we passed the night reasonably well. Next morning asked again and they sent over an engineer who fiddled around for 20 minutes but again with no success. Gave up and bought a cheap space heater at Target that we used for the rest of the stay. Day 1 ... returned to room to find no service had been provided ... you evidently have to put a sign on the door that you wanted service. Also noted that the room service tray was still sitting outside the door. Next day set out the sign and got room cleaned - sort of - as the attendant missed emptying an overflowing trash can. The room service tray from the first night was also still sitting outside. Day 3 ... room service tray finally gone! Overall nice hotel but lacking even basic service. Probably due to the fact that staff seem to spend a lot of time taking the manager's dog for walks around the grounds (Dog comes to work daily with the manager). Nice dog ... ok hotel.

Room Tip: Get room on the sides away from the freeway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gary A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that the suite you checked into exceeded your expectations. We are sorry that on a cold evening in Albuquerque the heat did not go high enough for you, but that there was a fireplace in the room to keep you warm. We apologize that the engineer was unable to turn the heat up to the desired temperature for you- unfortunately the system will not exceed 80 degrees in the rooms. We are very sorry that your room was not cleaned on the first day and that trash was still left in your room on the second day. We have addressed this issue with our housekeeping department and appreciate your feedback so we can rectify the situation. Molly is our hotel mascot if you will, so she comes to work each day and spends her time providing an aspect of home to many guests who miss their pets or greeting our furry guests, as seven of our rooms are pet friendly. We are happy you were able to meet her!

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we hope to see you again if you are back in Albuquerque.

kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I mainly stayed here because of the great reviews on trip advisor and I like boutique style hotels. I was very disappointed. Starting with check in: my reserved double room smelled of smoke so I requested a different room. That room also had a very strong odor of smoke as well so once again I requested a different room. Well, after 2 rooms they were out of double beds so they "upgraded" me to a suite with a king bed and pullout. Not ideal as my daughter and I each wanted our own bed and neither wanted to sleep on the pull out. But there wasn't another option. (except a pet room which wouldn't work with my daughter allergies) Well, got the key to my suite and the key didn't work. At this point I am irritated but after the 4th trip got a key and a room that would work. In the room I noticed there was no coffee maker so in the am I was getting ready to head down the elevator to ask where I could get a cup and noticed a man filling up at a coffee station on my floor. That would've been nice to know at check in. Also, at check in I was not informed of the breakfast in the am that was included in the room. Ugg. The first am breakfast I was welcomed and asked if I would like a piece of quiche. It was delicious and the breakfast spread was very nice and clean. I did notice that a manager was sitting and drinking coffee not far from us but didn't think much of it until the next am. The next am, the lady was behind the counter, did not greet us or offer us quiche and left to go wipe tables. I had to ask her if we could have a slice, and point out the coffee was completely out. By the way, we were the only ones there at 8am that morning so she wasn't over worked. I am not sure why people have raved about the service because frankly I would've gotten better service at a chain.

Room Tip: This hotel does have highway noise if your room happens to face that direction.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear skingKansas,

We are terribly sorry that your experience with us was disappointing after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. We are a tobacco free property, so we had maintenance look into why the rooms that you were originally shown smelled of smoke. We are sorry that the king suite did not work well for you and your daughter and that all other double rooms were occupied. We strive to provide excellent hospitality, so we are sorry that you did not know of all the amenities such as coffee and breakfast included with your room. The Parlor team takes your experience on the second morning very seriously and has taken this opportunity to ensure that the service is consistent regardless of who is scheduled to work. We are pleased that you found the breakfast display to be very clean and the house-made quiche to be delicious.

We hope to have another opportunity to show you why other guests have raved about the service and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I reserved a room here very last minute over the Christmas holiday. We called directly to reserve and got what we felt was a great price. Room was fantastic: dark, clean, quiet, warm and comfy. We loved the colors of the hotel and the great service. Used the roof-top bar. It was super fun and drinks were great. Only detractor was the fact that the coffee up on the second floor ran out early and they never refilled it. Bummer. We went out for coffee though there was coffee also in the breakfast room. Not very strong though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear UpforfunLasVegas,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central over your Christmas holiday. We are pleased that you felt the value was great and that your guest room was quiet and comfy. Our staff aims to provide excellent hospitality and we are glad that you found the service to be great. The Apothecary Lounge offers lovely views of the city and we are pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the drinks. We are so sorry that your experience with the coffee on your floor was disappointing. We have addressed this with the Parlor ladies and will be sure to check the coffee on the floors more frequently. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your experience with us!

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Albuquerque!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed one night. Ate at the 4th floor bar/restaurant which was OK with a limited menu.. Room is on the small size but very well furnished, bed was very comfortable. Not very cozy. Bathroom is very modern.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear lukcan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business in Albuquerque. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the Apothecary Lounge. We are happy that you found the room to be well furnished and the bed to be comfortable, but we are sorry that you did not find your guest room to be very cozy.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in Albuquerque!

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I own homes in Canada and the U.S.A. While travelling south for the winter, we decided to stop in Albequerque for one night. We chose this hotel because it had a bar which we were told opened at 3pm. After 8 hours on the road, the last thing we wanted was to check in and have to get back in the car to drive for food and a glass of wine.
We found the hotel to be very beautiful, bright, and very clean and were very pleased that it looked even better than the website promised.
Upon checking in, there were two young men at the front desk. No offer was made to help us with our luggage. I pointedly asked my husband if he wanted help, and he said he did. This was ignored by the two men and we ended up carrying our own in.
We stayed in one of the biggest suites in the place, Room 402 with a rate of $309. per night.
The suite had a livingroom, a bedroom, a little patio and a large bathroom. It was bright, gorgeous and very clean. We were pleased.
Later we went up to the bar, and were told to "sit anywhere". About five twentysomethings were working and we were the only patrons there at the time.
Service, to make a long story short, was terrible. We ordered wine then noticed that they seemed to be setting up for a private event, setting out white tablecloths, trolleys of food, and microphones etc. We were definitely NOT told about this when we booked in and were worried when we would be expected to leave.
We ordered food, and watched in amazement as our waitress plunked our plates down and amble off without giving us any cuttlery, or offering a second glass of wine. (Both our glasses were empty). We had to call her back to get it and then ask a second time for a spoon and bowl for my mussel shells. She seemed much more interested in getting back to the kitchen to socialize than in doing her job.
We finally asked one of the staff if there was a private function and she said yes, one was beginning at 4:30pm; and we would be expected to move to a smaller table off in a corner. The rest of the time we felt rushed, and at one point all five were standing at the bar, staring over at us in what felt like an attempt to intimidate us into leaving, so they could set our table for the event.
We asked for coffee and were refused, the waitress saying they "have no hot drinks up here". The hotel is four stories so it didn't seem like alot to ask to have a cup of coffee with our dessert, especially after spending 117dollars in less than two hours, for snacks and wine, no dinner.
As we left, the private event was in full swing and one of the guests good-naturedly commented that we weren't part of their group.
I imagine that it wasn't cheap to rent the space for what was supposed to be a private affair, and yet we were there at the best table in the room, and they never did actually ask us to leave. If I had been the host, I would be livid at the hotel for allowing this to happen. Their waiter even offered us some of the private food, which of course we refused.
When we checked out the following morning my husband told the clerk that we had not been told about a private event and had felt rushed and received poor service either way. He said "he didn't know about it either" and had a 'too bad/so sad' couldn't care less atttiude.
Our total bill came to $535. Wow.
And there is more. During the night, we were awakened from a dead sleep by the sound of the couple in the next suite. Let's just say nothing was left to the imagination. This wouldn't have been such a big deal if it was muffled sounds that were obviously coming from an adjoining suite. What was truly frightening was that they sounded like they were right in our suite, in the livingroom. My husband got up to look, expecting to find a drunken couple that may have stumbled in by mistake to our suite. Once our heart rates came down to normal, we lay awake for another two hours until they went to sleep. The walls and duct system here mean you will not have the quiet you should expect from a hotel of this calibre.
The food was excellent and the morning buffet very nice. As I said, gorgeous hotel, poor service and a staff that doesn't care.
You decide.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Laraland56,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that you found the lobby to be beautiful, but we are terribly sorry that you did not receive assistance with your luggage. We have addressed this with our front desk team. We are happy that your suite was bright, gorgeous and very clean. We are sorry that your experience in the Apothecary Lounge was so poor. We take your concerns with the service you received very seriously and the Apothecary Lounge manager has addressed them with his team. The experience of our guests in the Apothecary is very important to us and there is no event that should have made you feel unwelcome in the lounge- we are very sorry you felt this way. We are sorry that your concerns were not addressed upon check-out, any of our managers would have been happy to speak with you and resolve the issues you encountered during your stay. We would love the opportunity to show you that the service can be on par with the appearance of the property, so if you have plans to return to Albuquerque, please contact me at nwallace@hotelparqcentral.com and we will take care of your stay.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope that you will allow us another chance to provide you with the excellent hospitality we are capable of providing.

Noelle Wallace

Been to Hotel Parq Central? Share your experiences!