“Over the Top!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Save Saved
You added Hotel Parq Central to your Saves list
Hotel Parq Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   806 Central Ave, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Raynolds Addition)   |
Special Offer
Let's Go To the Movies!
Ranked #1 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Park Ridge, IL
“Over the Top!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Ths is simply one of the best boutique hotels I have ever experienced. The rooms are spotless and charming. The staff extremely accomodating. The quality of the place is exceptional, from Frette linens to an HVAC system that can handle a hot afternoon followed by a cool morning.
Breakfast was quite good as well.
The location is a bit edgy, on the outskirts of downtown, but that should not discourage one. This is a great place.

763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I thought the premises and rooms were beautiful - my first room overlooked the deadbeat motels across the street, but I was able to upgrade to face the beautiful courtyard and a park across the street. There is internet and a pullout desk in the rooms, but the set up is not ideal if you plan on doing a lot of work.

The hot tub was perfect at the end of a long day, and the rooftop lounge was fabulous - great food and a bartender who mixes up fabulous drinks. Very friendly staff.

My complaints are minor - I was a little disappointed that they break down the bill at the end so that it specifies how much was spent on wine v. food. And they play music all night long in the courtyard, so you can't sleep with fresh air when the weather is nice.

Farina a couple of blocks down the street has great pizza and reasonably priced wine. The Daily Grind coffee shop has fabulous scones and coffee.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Boutique hotel with beautiful comfy rooms, high end bed linens, gorgeous bathroom, large shower, latest in fixtures. Staff are super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Rooftop lounge is amazing with yummy appetizers and views.
Sun room off of lobby is great for relaxing. And the comp. breakfast is the best! Homemade quiche, pastries, good coffee, fresh fruits.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor or up facing courtyard.
Taiban, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hotel Parq Central is a wonderful place to stay in Albuquerque. If you are traveling for business or pleasure it has all that you need to make your stay enjoyable. The History behind the hotel is unique and the management has done an excellent job keeping the history alive. The lounge is the perfect place to relax after a long day. We will stay here again! Great job Hotel Parq Central.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a great birthday weekend in Albuquerque, and a huge part of that was result of staying at the Hotel Parq Central.

It is a first-class facility across the board. There are great ameneties (free parking, free shuttle service, free internet access, 24-hour fitness room, jetted hot tub, free breakfast).

The rooms and hotel as a whole are beautifully designed, and very spacious. It is conviently located by the freeway but the soundproofing they have done with the walls/rooms makes you unaware of anything outside. There is also a very hip bar on the roof where you can have a great view of the city/sunset while enjoying some reasonably-priced snacks and cocktails/drinks.

As great as all of those things are, what stood out the most is the customer service there. It is simply amazing. The staff goes above and beyond in everything to make your stay tremendous.

The genuine care and committment to a high level of excellence in this area is unlike anything I have ever seen at a hotel. They treat you like you are family. Bottom line is that whenever visiting Albuquerque, there is only one place someone should look at in staying.

Here are some examples from our three-night stay to show that point. There are more, but these should give you an idea...

*A staff member helped us with our bags during our check in. She then got in the elevator with us and escorted us up to our room to make sure that there were no issues whatsoever.
*The free breakast station is open very early each day, but it is staffed throughout the morning. The staff member has a list with all of the guest's rooms, and they cross people off the list as they come down to eat. They will stay there until all of their guests have eaten.
*I wanted to order some flowers for my wife's birthday. The staff member asked what type I wanted and how much I wanted to spend. They took care of everything from that point on, including delivering them to our room, and simply charged the cost of the flowers to my card (no delivery fee even).
*I went down to eat alone on the morning of my wife's birthday because she wanted to sleep in. The staff at the front desk and at the breakfast station told me to make sure to tell her happy birthday. While I only dealt with one person in ordering the flowers, somehow everyone on staff had been given the word that it was her birthday. They helped me prepare a to-go tray so I could take breakfast back to the room for her. Later when we were heading out for the day, the staff at the front desk all shouted happy birthday to her as we got off the elevator. They all then wished her happy birthday throughout the day every time we were in the hotel.
*While I was working out in the fitness center, a staff member stopped in quickly to ask how I was doing. She asked if I needed anything, or if they could do anything (such as open the window) to make my workout more enjoyable
*We asked at the front desk some basic questions about heading up to Santa Fe for a day of fun. The staff members proceeded to not only give us some ideas on what to do, but also looked up the specific address for where we wanted to go and printed out directions and a map from mapquest
*The day of our departure, they stored the flowers for us past our checkout time (nearly four hours) so we could have some lunch and do some shopping. Then since we did not have a good way to store the vase for our 3 1/2 hour drive back home, they emptied out their own supply box to put the vase in it. They helped us pack newspaper around the vase, allowing us to get it home without it breaking or falling over.

Bottom line, when traveling to Albuquerque the Parq Central is your place!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

FABULOUS PLACE TO STAY- great location close to airport, easy access to major roads, and close to a lot of great spots in Albuquerque. The hotel is beautifully appointed and METICULOUSLY kept . Converted from a 1920's hospital, they restored and played up many of its charming architectural elements. The room had a comfy bed covered with crisp, beautiful bedding. The room had a stylish desk, dresser, armchair and a big flat screen TV (also a mini-frig, full length mirror and a safe). The bathroom was like a spa - outfitted with a spacious glass shower, big fluffy towels, and luxurious guest bathrobes. I like the added perks of a magnifying make-up mirror, ample under-counter storage, and a nightlight that softly illuminates the bath floor. Plus the hotel room was so quiet - couldn't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms, the hallway or the street. The hotel offers a complementary breakfast in a lovely dining room with a nice assortment of quiche, breads, cereals, pastries, fruit salad, juices and beverages. We also loved the rooftop deck with its beautiful views and its large circular cushioned lounges. But what really makes this hotel exceptional is their staff - always friendly, helpful and eager to ensure you a great stay. They even printed out road maps for our daily outings to see New Mexico's sights! I can not think of anything to complain about, which is unusual for me :) I just wish my husband and I could find more hotels like this on our travels!!

Glorieta, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This was by far one of the best Hotel experience's I have had. The Hotel decor is amazing, the staff are well trained and provide exceptional customer service.

One aminity that stands out is the FREE Shuttle, being able to take the Rail Runner from Santa Fe and have that service available added to the VIP feeling. The complimentary Breakfast was great- quiche is not the norm and we loved it.

The Rooftop lounge and patio was an absolute treat. What a Fun time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Parq Central? Share your experiences!