“Nice for a garden lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 1,501 restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Description: Northern Italian restaurant. Open 5 days a week Tuesday-Saturday 11am to 9 pm.Children are welcome, but our menu does not have a kid menu, children will have to eat what parents will eatAnd must be polite and dine with rispect for the others guests in the dining room
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice for a garden lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Authentic Northern Italian cuisine, in a out of the way place. Torinos' is located in a nearly hidden miniature mall located in the middle of a high end office park. The food and service are excellent and there is patio dining in the back.

Visited June 2014

86% Recommend
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Alleged Manager tells customers to go to McDonald's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Today, my coworkers and I went to Torinos@Home for lunch to celebrate 2 coworkers birthdays. There were 9 of us in the party. Several of us had been there before to celebrate other birthdays so we were excited to have our largest group go today.
We arrived between 1pm and 1:05pm. The restaurant was sparce, only a few tables; I could see one two-top and a party of three from where I was sitting. So we thought, perfect, we will easily be in and out within the hour.
Our orders were taken by 1:10pm. Our waitress was friendly and nice enough at first, but we weren't really sure what happened. Two of the ladies in our party ordered the "Meat Lasagna". They were told it would take about 15-20 minutes to cook. Of course!, they said. Thinking that the lastest our food would arrive would be 1:35pm.
The rest of us ordered sandwiches. This is where our confusion came. Our food didn't arrive until 1:53. That left us 7 minutes to eat, pay our tabs and get back to work. Our food arrived, we were eating and one of the ladies that ordered the Lasagna, pushed her plate to the side. She didn't complain about it. She simply told the waiter, she didn't care for it. This is where it gets scary. A lady, apparently the manager, with bright orange hair, flowing down her back came out and asked what was wrong with the Lasagna? The friend in our party said, there was no meat in her "Meat Lasagna." The manager began to belittle our friend explaining that the Lasagna was made with a bolognese sauce. Our friend was embarassed, left a tip for the waitresss and went outside to wait on us to finish. She did take the Lasagna off the check, but she wasn't real happy about it.
The waitress took another 5 minutes to get our checks ready and then another 5-10 minutes to cash us out. By this time a couple of ladies in our party of nine were pretty disgusted. They didn't say anything in the restaurant, but I got an earful when I arrived back at work. We had taken 3 cars to get there.
So as I was leaving, I went around the otherside to see if I could speak to the manager. A waiter informed me she had stepped out back, but had offered to assist me. I told him that we have been coming there for about 3 months since we changed our business location and that today was the worst dining experience we had ever had. I made sure no one was around, because I did not want to plant a negative thought in any of their other customers minds.
I proceeded out to my car, and the waitress came running out the door and asked me what was wrong with the service? That she prides herself on giving excellent customer service. I began to tell her and she threw her hands up and walked away. I did not seek her out, she came out to my car and accosted me.
I went back to work and I thought, this is an unusual experience for me and a few of my friends as we have been there before and enjoyed our meals and our service. Is it possible there's something we don't know. So I called the restaurant and asked for the owner. She came to the phone, same lady, flaming orange hair, flowing down her back, because she had the same accent as the woman who belittled my coworker over the Lasagna. I asked her, I said, Ma'am, we were just there and had the worst experience we have ever had. I would like to know if maybe the kitchen was short staffed. Very animatedly and hostile, she said, if you want fast food, we are NOT McDonald's. I said, "Ma'am, excuse me, you are just way to full of yourself and egotistical, you don't deserve to hear my comments." As I ws hanging up, I heard her yell, "It's good you figure this out for yourself!"
I have never been so insulted and belittled by someone claiming to be the owner of the restaurant. We will NEVER go back. And I encourage all my friends, friends of friends and family, never to patronize this restaurant!

Visited June 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Needs some improvements but will return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is one of my harsher ratings, but, for a restaurant of this style, there were too many rough edges for me to rate it higher. First, although restaurant was empty we were seated at a table next to a party that would be coming in a few minutes--very noisy. The wine by the glass options aren't very good. The waiter forget to tell the specials to one of our group who joined late. And, there are no shades on the western windows; so, there was a ten minute period while the sun was setting that it was rather uncomfortable. That said, why will I go back, the gnocchi were excellent (although, I didn't like the braised beef sauce) and with just a few tweaks this could be a lovely cafe.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette
“Torinos' @ Home - definitely worth stopping for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were introduced to Torinos' @ Home by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I bookmarked the restaurant in anticipation of an upcoming trip to Santa Fe. Our traveling group of 8 stopped for lunch after leaving at the Albuquerque airport. We were immediately seated at a lovely outside table. Our server was courteous, friendly and extremely helpful in trying to decide what to order from the many fabulous choices on the menu. Having seen the delicious looking house-made squid ink black pasta on DD&D, my husband and I decided we must try it! We started with the organic house salad (with lemon comfit (yum!), grapes and nicoise olives. The lemon comfit gave the salad a wonderful zesty lemon kick. The squid ink pasta is very light and mixed with sauteed calamari, shrimp, mussels, clams, fresh tomatoes and clam broth. It was heavenly! The meal only got better with Daniela's tiramisu for dessert.

Following our delicious meal, we were greeted by owners Daniela and Maxime, who took the time to visit with our group. They were extremely open and hospitable, offering dining recommendations for our first time visit to Santa Fe, as well as an alternate lunch location in Albuquerque upon our return as Torinos' would be closed that day (Monday).

I highly recommend this restaurant and will happily return there on my next southwestern adventure.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great all around place. Very comfy when you walk in to the place. The food is just delicious. We can't wait to go back to have something different. We had two appetizers and two entree's.
The entree's were the spaghetti bolognaise and the beef cheek manicotti, so, so, so, so good! The service was great as well, our waitress was great as the rest of the staff. You can really tell that everything is made to order and that the pasta truly is fresh. It's a must go to when you visit Albuquerque.

• Visited May 2014