“Deserves DDD with Guy Fieri review!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 1,398 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Northern Italian restaurant. Open 5 days a week Tuesday-Saturday 11am to 9 pm.Children are welcome, but our menu does not have a kid menu, children will have to eat what parents will eatAnd must be polite and dine with rispect for the others guests in the dining room
Appleton, WI
“Deserves DDD with Guy Fieri review!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant has been reviewed by Guy Fieri of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. The restaurant taping won't be on DDD until October 21st but we saw good reviews on TripAdvisor so we gave it a try. Loved that it was locally owned and run by a husband and wife team - he is the chef and she runs the front of the house.

Our dinner was simply delicious from start to finish. The tomato soup and crostini is the best we've ever had anywhere. The salad had chunks of walnuts and olives along with other salad ingredients in a light olive oil dressing. My husband ordered the Pappardelle al Pesto pasta dish and you could tell the noodles were homemade. My dish was even better - the Agnolotti which was beef brisquet (cooked for hours in a red wine sauce) ravioli with ricotta and parmegiano cheeses. It was melt in your mouth good. My only complaint is there were only two small chunks of brisquet on the plate with the ravioli.

For dessert we tried the vanilla Panna Cotta with strawberries. Niether of us had eaten this dish before and we loved it. It was kind of like a creme brulee but softer, creamier, and covered with a strawberry sauce layer. It just melted in our mouths. Heavenly.

I wish this restaurant was in our home town because my husband and I would become regular patrons for sure!

Note: This restaurant is located in a small strip mall so you won't see it directly from the road. The address will get you to the strip mall and if you drive in a few doors you'll see it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Topeka, KS
“Excellent with our HUGE group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a group of about 50 of us, and the staff worked their tails off to accommodate us. They were very proud to tell us that their restaurant is being featured on a Food Network TV show, and there were promo posters all over the restaurant. We had no less than three staff members come and check on us and offer us free wine tastings before our meal started. The meal was served family style. I can't eat seafood, and half the dishes had tuna or shrimp, but there was PLENTY to eat. I loved the noodles. Hubby loved the shrimp. The Tiramasu was delicious! I also ordered a new-to-me drink called a London Fog that was great. It got loud as the floors are hard surfaces and there isn't much for acoustic dampening, but it was a fun time for our group. It was even more impressive due to the fact that this restaurant accommodated us at the last minute. Our original dinner plans were to eat at the Gondola Club at the Balloon Fiesta, but it was closed due to really bad weather so we had to find a quick back up plan. This place did the trick.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Bad Day????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I hope that it was just a bad day for Torinos' considering all the great reviews that I have read on TripAdivsor. We have planning to visit them when we get down to Albuquerque for quite a while, based on all the excellent reviews that they were receiving. Unfortunately our experience there was for from excellent. The atmosphere in the room reminded me of a cafeteria with an echoing sound which permeated the room

We were promptly seated to our table, given our menus, and asked if we wanted some bread. The bread finally arrived after we finished our appetizer (the Baccalo) and 4 more requests to our server. We had to specifically ask for a glass of water twice before receiving it and it was never refilled. We also noticed that while the server was delivering a salad to another table he had his finger in the bowl surrounded by the salad. (That night while watching 'Restaurant Impossible' that was pointed out as a major flaw for the restaurant that was being evaluated). When our mains arrived they were just plopped on the table, at an angle and on top of the silverware. The same was true with the bread when it finally arrived.

Unfortunately, the food was also a disappointment. All of the tomatoes in the appetizer and mains (one of which contained a whole roasted tomato) were not ripe, to say the least. When I asked Daniela (one of the owners) about the quality of the produce she got real defensive and said that tomatoes were out of season and they had to use what their supplier gave to them. This did not sit well with me as I had red, ripe tomatoes in our garden in Santa Fe which is colder. At that point we decided to not complain to her about the service, the over salted beans, or the somewhat rubbery calamari in the sauce less squid ink tagliatelle.

It was just a bad day for us all.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“best food I found in longtime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in Albuquerque for the Balloon fiesta event
I was staying at the Marriott Pyramid hotel
I found this restaurant reviews interesting and decided to try
the best choice I ever made
the service was great and fun, the food oh the food!
Fresh fish served with a light oven roasted tomato, and huge shrimp called scampi
I also try the beef briskket (following day), it was served with homemade potato gnocchi, that is a kind of Italian pasta ( I learned that day)
I heard that Guy Fieri with diners, drive-ins and dives visited this place in early September and his show about this restaurant will air on October 21 and few more days, I am looking forward to watch the show
and of course I am happy to be able to visit the restaurant before the crowd, the owner suggested to make reservation because this is how the operate

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“Best Italian food in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We found this amazing restaurant through Tripadvisor when looking for a place to have lunch on our way through Albuquerque, and are we glad we did!
This was the best Italian food we've had in a long time. The food is authentic (according to my parents who dined with us, live in Europe and go to Italy regularly) with that comfortable home cooked feeling, like in Italy, but with large satisfying portions (unlike Italy).
We sat on the shaded and quiet outdoor patio and I had the black past with octopus. The pasta in this dish is homemade, and blackened with the ink from the octopus (they didn't make this up, this is actually served in Italy) and it tasted delicious. A co-diner had the gorgonzola pasta, which was also rich and delicious. The tiramisu I had for desert was to die for. And I forgot to mention the homemade olive bread.
The service was friendly and attentive. The pasta dishes for lunch cost around $12. Add $5 for a side salad or soup. The soup was a homemade roasted tomato soup, and you guessed it, also delicious.
We will make this a regular place whenever we are in Albuquerque.
Now if only someone could recommend an Italian restaurant with that kind of food in Las Vegas, please PM me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere