“More than excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Mexico Private Jeep Tours

New Mexico Private Jeep Tours
Albuquerque, NM 87122 (Raynolds Addition)
505-252-0112
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 52 activities in Albuquerque
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: New Mexico is called the Land of Enchantment, and New Mexico Jeep Tours offers an adventurous way to discover why. New Mexico Jeep Tours follows no beaten path, instead carving our own way to ancestral Pueblo ruins, ghost towns, volcanic necks and other unusual geological formations. Travel along primitive roads and see mountains or deserts while learning about the people, history, geology and culture that makes New Mexico special
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fayetteville, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“More than excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

You will never see New Mexico like this by yourself! Gavin, our guide, picked us up at our hotel and whisked us away to a privately owned ranch for a four hour experience we will never forget. The scenery was breathtaking and Gavin was an endless source of archeological information. We not only visited ancient ruins, we actually got within 10 feet of some wild horses before the stallion moved them away and shook his head "No" at us. We found ancient artifacts which we left in place and visited the ruins of an old mining town.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Awesum One-of-a-kindTour with Frank”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband is a proud Purple Heart veteran who is disabled with walking/hiking limitations. We highly recommend this tour for its' breath taking scenic and historical values. We highly recommend, Tour Guide Frank, who was so welcoming, fun, & informative. Frank was extremely mindful of our well being throughout the three hour + ride ensuring our panoramic views and short walking steps were up-close and extremely meaningful. We are new residents of New Mexico and thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of entering private properties that we would not had the chance otherwise. We are looking forward to a future dinner cruise so we can sit mesmerized at the sunset in our "Land of Enchantment". We stand in awe with memories of open land, fresh air, wild horses, cattle, hawks, doves, freshly moved landscape, & breathtaking mountain views! A big Hawaiian thank you New Mexico Private Jeep Tours! Mahalo & Aloha to our guide, and wonderful new found friend, Frank! We are so so grateful!
Cat & Carlos

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Roch is a "Gem"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I can't sing the praises of Roch and his Jeep tour enough. Our Labor Day 6 hour tour ran a "bit over" as Roch just had to "show us one more thing!" The spontaneity of the tour made it even more interesting, as storms were forming around us during the tour, necessitating some "route changes" as the day progressed, but never did we feel we were missing anything. Roch's knowledge of and love for this land and its history is infectious and makes the trip so much more than a guide reciting facts and figures by rote. We loved that Roch would suddenly stop the jeep, grab some berries and say, "Try these!" and explain what we were eating and what they had been used for hundreds of years ago, or stop and point out a lizard that he had never seen on the property before. One one occasion Roch stopped the Jeep on the path up to the abandoned mining town, saying "I think I see something." We got out, and saw some glass in the middle of the road, exposed by a recent rainstorm. A little digging later he had uncovered two cooking pots and two completely intact glass bottles from the early 1920s. These were the first and second unbroken bottles found on the property in the years he's been operating the tours. To say he was excited is an understatement.
As midwesterners, it was such a treat to be able to experience this completely unique landscape in such a personal way and learn more about the area and its rich history. The adventure was one we will never forget and look forward to a return trip for the overnight camping trip. This tour was well worth the cost and completely exceeded our expectations.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“A trip into history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I have lived in Albuquerque all of our lives. Today we were given the opportunity to see a part of New Mexico we didn't even realize was so close. Who knew that within an hours drive of our home we could be transported back in time.

When you take an excursion like this you have to remember that it's not so much about the thrill of the adventure but what you learn from it and take back with you.

Our guide for the day Roch was amazing in the amount of knowledge and details he knew about the area and its rich history. A guide book could not tell you more.

A must do for any history buffs or anyone looking to know more about New Mexico and the diverse groups of people who were here before us.

WHAT A GREAT DAY. THANKS ROCH

Port Byron, Illinois
“Ancient Beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Tom took my wife Chris and I out for a trip of a lifetime. Never got rained on but were graced by some very cool anvil clouds. We're from Illinois and I've hunted arrowheads since 1966. But, this pristine area took me back to the ancients like I've never experienced. Their habitat was still there. No cornfields or drainage ditches. I'm still daydreaming about it. I'd love to tour the area at least once a week but with living in Illinois... Tom was a great guide and with great knowledge of the area. We forgot our camera, so Tom took some cool photos and is going to send them to us. Tom is a blues guy and so am I, so blues and the New Mexican high desert go well together. Thanks a lot, Tom. Keep your mojo woirkin'. I'd post a lot more but there isn't enough room. :)

Visited August 2013