“Dining Option Near Old Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Clair Winery and Bistro

St. Clair Winery and Bistro
901 Rio Grande NW, Albuquerque, NM (West Old Town)
505-243-9916
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Clair Winery and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,533 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Cross street: SW - Rio Grande & I-40
Transit: City bus located in front of restaurant.
Description: Enjoy nationally acclaimed award winning NM wines along with a full restaurant, wine bar and retail wine shop. St Clair Winery & Bistro also offers wine tasting, patio or private dining, and live entertainment.
Des Moines, IA
“Dining Option Near Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I made a return visit to one of our Albuquerque favorites in early March. We stopped in for appetizers and drinks one evening and returned later in the week for lunch. During our evening visit the place was hopping and we had about a 20 minute wait for a table. My wife is wind drinker and enjoyed one of the St. Clair wines. I tend to prefer beer and enjoyed the selection from the Marble Brewing Company in Alb. I sampled the cheese plate and enjoyed the selection. My in-laws joined us for our lunch visit. We were seated promptly and had a very patienter server who helped everyone understand the wine selection and the menu. The onion topped flat bread was a hit. My French Dip was a little larger than I needed and was average.
We eat at St. Clair everytime we visit Alb and especially like our summer visits when the patio is open and we can listen to live music.

• Visited March 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“One of my favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

St. Claire not only has some darn nice wines at reasonable prices but their food and service is above the norm as well. On my last visit we had been across the street having coffee and decided to do the "We're going to do desert before dinner" thing. We've had dinner here several times and never seem to be able to even think of desert afterwards so this was our chance. Our waiter brought us over a wine sample (which, I do not recall right now) which was very nice and we decided to "pair" our desert to the wine. I had the Apple crisp and my wife had the Creme Brulee'. Well needless to say, this time around we decided to skip the entree. Both deserts were outstanding and the white wine we had really enhanced the flavor. As I said, we've been to the winery on several occasions not only for meals but for tastings as well, and we've never been disappointed.

Hermosa Beach, CA
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant based on the good reviews, and was very disappointed. The waiter seemed confused and kept forgetting the order. The wines were all on the sweet side, not to my taste. The food looked good, but only the vegetables were lukewarm...the steak and potatoes were stone cold, and the merlot/bleu cheese sauce was cold and congealed. For $30, I could have gotten a better meal at McDonald's...at least it would have been hot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bath, Ohio
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We ate outside in the courtyard. The night was cool but there were heaters set up everywhere and I was not uncomfortable at all. The food and wine were excellent, there service was good, and the music was great. Would love to go again.

• Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Neat concept; taste wine and enjoy a meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

St Clair Winery has opened three restaurants. We visited the Albuquerque location and enjoyed the evening. They had a musical group playing for the dinner hour and the food was good, but not great. They also offer a variety of their wines at very fair prices. Overall, the restaurant is a pleasant experience if your trip takes you near its Old Town location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere