“Good for a one night (late) stop...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #119 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
“Good for a one night (late) stop...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We checked in about 9pm here and it was very reasonably priced ($47). We got the 2 queen beds and they were very very comfortable. Everybody slept well even with having a baby between 2 adults. The beds were clean and the pillows were kinda hard. The top quilt had holes in it showing wear and tear.

Tv's were outdated but we were too tired to use them. There was an unplugged alarm clock and an awesome working Heater/AC unit. The annoying part was the light switches didn't work so you had to turn them on manually in the dark. The bathroom light turned on a light in the entrance with the bathroom so it was super loud and woke the kids up at 7. Bummer.

I'm pretty easy going so none of this really bothered me. What was gross was the floor looked kind of vacuumed but not really, there was a plastic bag left behind a chair and the bathroom had hair all over the floor, toilet and some "unknown stuff" dried in drops on the floor. Gross!

My husband loved his shower.

This is ok for a 1 late night stop but that's all...

• Stayed December 2012

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Initially I was nodding along with SusanW751 who said this was their 10th budget hotel on their Route 66 trip and they had learnt not to judge a book by it's cover. We were in the same boat and had stayed in some "interesting" hotels along our Route 66 trip. It seems though that we had a slightly better experience than Susan. The hotel was certainly basic but we found the staff really cheery and helpful and gave us loads of suggestions of what to see in our few days there. Our room maybe could have been cleaner (dead moth on the floor which was still there 3 days later!) but the beds and bathroom were spotless. For a cheap hotel it was satisfactory. It did overlook a lorry training depot but we didn't experience any noise from this. Although there were more upmarket hotels in the vicinity, I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I understand that some hotels still allow smoking in their rooms. I'm not complaining about the smoke odor. I understand that because of Balloon Fiesta most hotels are full and that you take what you can get on short notice, but... the room was dirty. There were (probably still are) stains on the walls from who knows what.

At least the bed was clean (and quite comfortable) and the room was quiet. TV remote didn't work, if I was staying for more than one night, I wouldn't have been. I now know why this hotel had rooms available when all others were sold out.

Room Tip: try and book well in advance if you know you will be traveling during a special event. I didn't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we have taken note of the conditions you found in your room. I would like you to know that even the items you found satisfactory in the room are scheduled to be upgraded very soon (mattress). Any feedback is good feedback, and we thank you for your review.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This was our 10th budget hotel/motel on our Route 66 journey, all booked via an agent. We have learnt not to judge on exterior first impressions but this time it was correct. On the far outskirts of Albuquerque at the rear of a Super 8 on an industrial estate overlooking a truck spares yard.
Ok it was budget but every other one so far had a pool at least, it was very sad looking. Piled right outside the entrance was a load of furniture and a washing machine, they were still there when we checked out the next day. I asked if they were having a refund, the girl on reception said she thought they were going to another location. It did not look good!
There was no fridge in the room and the fire alarm was just hanging from the ceiling by its wires.
Bath had cracks in and where the floor met the walls needed a good clean as did the corners and walls.
The breakfast really wasn't worth bothering with, no fruit only toast, cereal and waffle.
We certainly wouldn't recommend this place it's too far out and there is nothing joyous about it, even the staff seemed bored!

• Stayed August 2012
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you encountered problems with your room during your stay. We strive to provide the highest level of service for our customers. The cleanliness and maintenance issues in your room have since been corrected. We would appreciate if any room issues are notified to us directly, so that we may correct the issue, before it becomes an issue for you. Additionally, fridges and microwaves are provided to our guests upon request. As for the furniture outside the hotel, this was recently delivered to us to update another hotel location we own. I can understand that furniture left outside our doors does not appear very good, but it was delivered over the weekend when our maintenance crew was not onsite to relocate it to its final destination. Lastly, our hotel location is not far out as you state. It is, in fact, located at the geographic center of Albuquerque at the intersection of I-25 and I-40. Thank you again for your feedback.
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had reserved and paid online for 3 rooms for 2nights....when we arrived Friday afternoon they had all our info ready in system and we were welcomed with no glitches what so ever.

Appreciated the staffs professionalism and friendly hospitality. It made our first experience in your city very nice and the location/price is right.....our 3day stay really was complimented by the shift changes and each person had friendly appoach to make us comfortable.

Keep up the great service and hope to return in the near future. Again thanks for you accomodating us in a welcoming fashion on our first visit to your wonderful city.

Sincerely
Robert V.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived late and tired at the hotel for my overnight stay. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was sizeable and clean - at least I thought so until I found two hairs in the bedding. The sheets were also threadbare.

The continental breakfast was substandard and hardly worth putting on so I waited until I got to the airport.

The Travelodge shuttle bus driver went by my terminal three times even though I kept telling him he had it right the first time!

Room Tip: I wasn't there long enough to give advice here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I am sorry for the troubles with your past stay at our hotel. We have spoken with our housekeeper that cleaned your room to make sure you don't encounter hairs in your bedding again. Also, the shuttle driver for that day was new. He is actually the husband of the regular driver, and may have not known his way around the airport. Rest assured that now he certainly does know all the terminals at ABQ Sunport. The breakfast we offer is the same or better than at most budget hotels. It includes 24hr coffee (both decaf and regular), hot waffles, cereal, toast, milk, orange and apple juice.

If there is any way we can earn your business back, please let us know. We will make sure your next stay with us is problem free.
Window Rock, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was part of business travel - got there late and woke early to catch a flight situation. In any case, drove 2 1/2 hours and got in about 11:30 p.m. really tired. Checked in but the room I was given, the key wouldn't work but someone open the door saying it's their room. Went back to the front desk, I asked for a new room and they gave it to me. They said that there shouldn't be anyone in the first room I went to but I didn't want any part of that discussion when the clerk went up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. After further reviewing your case, it seems that the person you encountered in the room had actually rented the room, but the change was not updated in our computer system. The front desk staff who took over the shift at 11:00pm was not aware of the room change for that guest, and mistakenly assigned the room to you. Again, I am sorry for your experience with your first room. I would encourage you to stay with us again, and I have personally made sure that you will receive a special discount for your next stay.

Been to Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown? Share your experiences!