“Perfect escape in Albuquerque” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
The Casitas at Old Town
Save Saved
You added The Casitas at Old Town to your Saves list
1604 Old Town Road, Albuquerque, NM   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect escape in Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about The Casitas. We spent two nights there at the end of a nine day tour of the southwest and this was our favorite find.

The rooms, really more like one bedroom apartments, are spacious and beautifully decorated with a Southwestern motif.

The location is precut for Old Town exploration, but also for hopping on Central Avenue or the interstates to get just about anywhere in or near Albuquerque easily.

Finally, the host is wonderful. Very personable and accommodating. Great with suggestions and information as well as just general conversation.

Some people have noted there is no tv. If this bothers you, then maybe this isn't the place for you. Personally, I would rather sit in front of the fireplace with a glass of (surprisingly good) local red than watch whatever show is recording on DVD back home. Internet would have been nice for looking up places on Trip Advisor, but the smartphone took care of that or we could just ask the host.

Next time we visit Albuquerque we will be booking at The Casitas, I recommend that you do too. Just not when we want to please, it is a small place.

• Stayed November 2011

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is very clean, spacious and nice accomodation with a great kitchen area. It is very well located, safe and quiet. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

As I understand, you can't book it online, but owner will soon contact you by e-mail if you send a request. The price is unbeatable.

The bed was too soft for us, but we could sleep well.

Room Tip: Both rooms are nice, but one has a smaller bed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

My husband, father in law and I booked both casitas for one night initially as a stop over from Taos to el paso. On arrival we were so enchanted by he casitas that we asked if we could stay an extra night. The owner was going away the next day but even so he was happy to let us stay the extra night. He also imediatelly worked out exactly what we wanted to eat without us saying and directed to the perfect place, which we never would have gone to on our own initiative.

I've stayed in a lot of self catering and b and bs over the years and I can safely say these casitas are the most tastefully furnished I've ever stayed in. They're properly new Mexico but with all the conveniences you could want. I've never stayed in a place with such great art around the place.

The location is perfect, walking distance from the old town and all the central museums. The gardens of the casitas are gorgeous and we ate breakfast and dinner outside there.

I think my title says it all. An oasis at a great price, I just want to work out how we can return!

• Stayed June 2011
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Just checked in and couldn't be happier. The proprietor was very flexible with our fairly last minute reservations and stayed up late when our flights were delayed to check us in. The location is very central yet on a quiet tucked away corner. The casitas themselves are beautifully restored and much roomier than a typical hotel. At $85/night we felt like we got a good value. The back patio was a great bonus - they are large and perfect for coffee or breakfast. Couldn't recommend this highly enough!

• Stayed March 2011
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

The Casitas at Old Town is charming, beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet! Beautiful landscaping and the interior decorations are historical, tasteful and comfortable. Ideal for a couple wanting to get away from it all, yet be walking distance to Old Town Shops, the Albuquerque Art Museum and other areas of interest. It is a short drive to Route 66 attractions and shops, Knob Hill area and the University of Albuquerque.
The owner was extremely gracious by offering touring suggestions and interesting Albuquerque history. (He suggested I call about the Georgia O'Keefe Ranch Tour which is usually booked way in advanced and I was able to fill a cancellation! As an artist, It was one of the most important experiences of my life.)
I highly recommend this oasis that is tucked away in a residential area, close to interstate and "Central Ave". Although the mattress was a little lumpy, we truly loved our stay and will return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Casitas at Old Town? Share your experiences!