“Great Staff - Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn and Suites Airport Albuquerque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2331 Centre Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Charlotte, Nc
“Great Staff - Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Days Inn Albuquerque Airport a year ago and had a delightful experience. Since I was passing through again this October, I just had to stay there again. I wasn't disappointed.

There are many hotels to stay at near the airport, and I can't imagine ANY of them being better than this one. First of all, let me say that this is a SMALL hotel; not a lot of rooms. But the experience is anything BUT small. Alyssa met me at the desk with a smile when I showed up late afternoon. Her friendly countenance was totally genuine; she liked her job and it showed. Mike was the manager and went out of his way to make sure that all was OK with my check-in. Alyssa told me that there would be complimentary soup in the lobby shortly so I decided to try it. Excellent spicy chicken vegetable soup. Hit the spot.

My room was clean, everything worked well, and it was attractive. Now, the Days Inn isn't a luxurious hotel, but it clearly has everything one needs with attractive furnishings - bed, desk, microwave and refrigerator, if I recall correctly. They had an elevator which was more than other hotels had in this trip, necessary since I had a couple of heavy bags.

The Internet connection was much faster than I had experienced in other hotels this trip.

The real treat came in the morning at breakfast. I came downstairs and picked up a hard-boiled egg, some toast, and coffee. I skipped the fresh-grilled mini-waffles, trying to keep my waistline in check. Then as I was heading for my seat, Michelle came over to me and asked if I'd like to have a fresh cheese omelet. She had just made them, and they WERE good! She asked me if I wanted some fresh, hot oatmeal, but I was stuffed by this time. There was also fresh fruit, breads of several types, cereals, and of course, juice. Way too many options for me. And this is in a SMALL hotel! They clearly want to please.

Another word about Michelle. She was bubbly and intense while being personable. Great in her role of desk clerk and cook.

I know where I'll stay if I'm back in Albuquerque - the Days Inn and Suites Airport.

Room Tip: Any room is good since there's an elevator. And all of them are quiet, even close to the airpor...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
DaysInn87106, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Airport Albuquerque, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear CLTKiter,

We cannot begin to tell you how ecstatic we are for all the amazing comments you wrote about our hotel and staff. We thank you so very much. We love all the details you wrote about during your experience with us, such as the amenities, comfort and how well our staff treated you. We ought to put you on the payroll to write brochures for us. :) But all joking aside we work very hard to make our guests happy and we want to give you all the best experience at a good value. You are right we are small but I think that its a good thing because it gives us a chance to keep all of our guests feeling like they are in a warm, cozy and homey environment. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy days and safe travels my friends.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked one night...checked us in fast and affordable room. The hotel is clean and my pillows and bedding looked and smelled great. They offer hot soup in the evening and a simple variety of breakfast foods. IJ ust wish they had bacon or sausage but overall very nice...our shower was clogged and water was gathering in the tub and they accomadated us very fast by fixing the clog and giving us access to another room's shower in the meantime. I like the location...theres also an Applebee's in the corner of Yale. There is a mini fridge in the room but I dont remember a microwave but I believe they have one in the dining area. We will stay here again. The evening clerk and morning manager were both awesome. I have a bad memory with names but even the facility support guy was very nice and helpful. He was cleaning the walls in the hallway which is nice to see they really care about cleanliness.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Adriana M,

You said so many fantastic things about our amenities such as our hot soup, location,cleanliness of our facility, comfortable rooms and our customer service. We thank you for all the great raves! We do apologize about the tub, but we are happy we were able to accommodate you quickly and move you to another room. We used to offer more options for our guests for breakfast in the morning such as bacon and sausage. But unfortunately we have to follow guidelines of our franchise and that was one of the things we had to change and that perk could no longer be available. We do hope you understand. Thank you again for all the wonderful comments you left and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Take care and be safe until we meet again friends.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The staff were extremely helpful and went the extra mile to help you get to any place you needed to go..At breakfast, you were treated like you were at grandma's house. It was clean and comfortable, and will stay there again when I travel to Albuquerque, NM.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear cfy-work,

Wow! What a great review you have written. We do strive to make every guest happy and we are glad you felt well taken care of. We are happy to provide clean rooms and great customer service so that every guest feels like we are all family. So come back and have a cup of coffee and relax and have a warm bowl of soup, our doors are always open for family. Be safe and take care.
Eagle, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We found the Airport Days Inn in Albq. to be very comfortable with a good location to Downtown and Old town. The staff was especially friendly and willing to meet our needs.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear drjohnson120,

We are so very happy to hear you found our hotel here at the Days Inn and Suites Airport a great location for all your destination needs. Comfort and taking care of all of our guests are our number one priority so we are very pleased to hear we succeeded. We hope we will see you in the future so until then happy trails my friends.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

They have a heated, vibrating chair which was great. I need it it after I slept on the bed which was hard and the sheets didn't fit so they kept coming off when I tossed and turned. Breakfast was great except they didn't have any meat options. Staff was excellent, polite, helpful and very friendly. Overall very good with a few issues.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInn87106, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Airport Albuquerque, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Danavcrew,
Thank you for choosing to write us a review. We are very apologetic to hear that you were not satisfied with the sheets on the bed and the overall comfort of your night's rest. We will regroup with housekeeping staff and discuss new solutions to ensure every guest's nights rest is pleasurable in our beds. We would love to offer more choices for breakfast for our guests but unfortunately we have to follow guidelines that our franchise provides that limits us. We welcome the criticism to let us know how we are doing so we can work harder to improve on our overall guest's satisfaction. We appreciate you taking the time to enjoy the comfortable heated massage chair, they are a special treat. We do hope you come back and give us another chance to give you the full special treatment and comfort you deserve. Happy trails ahead of you my friends take care.
momajtm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We regular have stayed in chain hotels and regardless of the rating the staff here was the best. Sis has trained her staff to be friendly (just enough) and efficient. We needed rides to and from the airport and Shirley was great. The young man and his soup at 6 was wonderful. The rooms are clean and the indoor pool a treat.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear momajtm,
You said so many wonderful things about our staff and our hotel we don't know how to thank you. We all work really hard to make each guest not only comfortable but enjoy themselves after a long day of travelling. All of our staff truly enjoys their job and having fantastic guests like you makes us feel more like a family. So we hope you come back again to say hello, you don't even have to stay with us, just put your feet up, relax, catch up and visit with old friends. Safe travels my friends.

Been to Days Inn and Suites Airport Albuquerque? Share your experiences!