“Spacious suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Clovis, New Mexico
“Spacious suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was in town for a certification test and my significant other and I wanted some place that wasn't too pricey but still nice. We found that at this hotel. We got a suite because I have a membership with this chain and had some free points to spend. The pool was nice and clean. The suite was huge in our opinion, including a room with a TV/kitchen area then the actual bedroom area with another TV. The staff was very friendly. Quiet room. The breakfast wasn't very good, but we got up late, so that could be why. Will probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gallup NM USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights during October 2013, to attend a UNM football game. The hotel is located on Gibson Blvd., about 1.5 miles from the Albuquerque airport. Plenty of free parking is available; Parking areas are well lit. Interior hallway, so window views are fine. Impressive lobby area. All the rooms are suites, and they are impressively large. There are two large TVs (not flat screens but older picture-tube sets), one in the bedroom and one in the living room area. Cable TV offered many channels in standard-definition clarity of picture. We got a good rate ($46. + tax) with Choice Hotels' fall special. The hotel has a large heated indoor pool and spa, with extended hours to 10:30pm. (In Albuquerque, outdoor unheated pools are too cold to swim in, except in July or August months). As is usual with Quality Inns, the hot breakfast was excellent: waffles, sausages, eggs, etc. etc. My only complaint about breakfast is that, on weekends, the food should be available later than 9:00am; breakfast until 10:00am would be appreciated for Saturday or Sunday. Cleanliness of the room was excellent; no complaints at all. Larger capacity ice machine midway down the ground floor hallway enabled me to keep the cooler filled throughout the visit. I love Quality Inn and Choice Hotels, especially when discounted rates are available. My next trip in two weeks is to the Quality Inn in Santa Fe (NM); I will qualify for a free night's stay (I hope) after that trip! SB

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, but I would recommend a top floor room on the west side to see a panoram...
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is a bit older than I thought from the description on line. Rooms were large separate living room with TV ( Older TV) and a bedroom with another old TV.. Bathroom separated the two rooms. Beds were comfortable. Air conditioner worked , but if you wanted just the fan it smelled of dirty feet!. The air conditioner was only in the bedroom, so it did not reach the living room area. The bathroom is older they really need to clean up the tub,,, ,Large yellow ring around the tub. There is a third floor to this hotel and they seem to have booked all the children on that floor. Stomping and yelling until after midnight. We could hear the couple next door to us when in the bathroom, so I would say thin walls.. Breakfast is the standard continental but they could at least thaw the muffins and bread! Not a place I would return to.

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Would definitely only return to this one if we can't find anything else and we're desperate... We signed up for 3 nights with central reservations who told us there wouldn't be a problem if we decided to go with only 2 nights... at the hotel we were told we were required to give a 14 DAY advance notice and if we left we would be charged anyway. The reason given was the balloon festival. Have never run across a policy like this one... so beware.

Cons: -outdated room, not maintained well, needs attention
-air conditioner only worked intermittently
-lampshade torn
-stained bathtub
-clock radio didn't work
-very dark "living room"
-exposed metal pipes & poles holding up the cracked sink/counter in "living room"
-outdated tv's
-wifi required watching commercials & problems with making wifi work
-lumpy quilts
-after the cleaning, they sprayed heavy duty scent that aggravated my allergies
-only tiny apples & oranges (size of a lemon) for fruit in breakfast room & looked like they'd been there for weeks (yuk)

To be fair, here are the pro's:
-very nice desk & service people
-good location
-quiet during sleep hours (not during day)
-breakfast ok

Quemado, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

First time staying at this property. The stay was adequate. Large room for the price - no complaint there. My room was clean. I am gluten free and vegan, so not much choices for me with the breakfast meal, but that is the usual case, so no surprise there. I would stay there again with my family.

Stayed April 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The rooms are quite large, You have a complete living room as well as a separate bedroom connected by a small hallway with a sink.The positives end there.

First, the Wireless Internet connection only works if you first watch a video, read an advertisement or take a survey. I am fine with that with the exception that the video does not engage for at least 3 minutes and you have to repeat this exercise every 30 minutes. That means that if you are staying here on business or rely on the Internet for VOIP or making calls, do not stay here. The Wireless will just stop on your device. It's very aggravating,

Next, the air conditioner did not work and just blows luke warm air. It was March and the room was a sauna. I cannot imagine how it will be in the summer

To top it all off, I was checked into a dirty room and had to wait for new keys in the hallway.

Choose another hotel for your sanity,

Room Tip: Ask where the air conditioner works.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Albuquerque - Gibson Blvd? Share your experiences!