“Disappointed with listed service.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #61 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Bowie, Maryland
“Disappointed with listed service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Our room was ready and clean, but had towels for only 2 people, when the reservation stated there were 3 of us. Could not call the front desk because the phone service was not working, both within the hotel and to call into the hotel from an outside phone. When we returned our rental car and needed to be picked up by the van service, that proved to be impossible because of the phone problem. We had to take a cab from the airport and were promptly reimbursed by the hotel clerk on duty, but the damage of being very aggravated was already done.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

This is a decent no-frills airport hotel. The price is good. I wanted a "test run" to see if it would be a good hotel for tailgaters for the stadium to stay in. There were two main issues: 1) They promised me an early check-in time of 2:00 PM, but when I showed up (I had to get a ride from someone as I didn't have a car) they told me they were short-staffed and I wouldn't be able to check in until about 4:30-5:00. This was very inconvenient for me as this was the height of grilling time before the 6:00 game. So I had to leave the tailgate and get a ride again to check in. 2) Housekeeping entered my room the next morning not even 2 seconds after knocking when I was still in bed and the do not disturb was ON THE DOOR. This is unacceptable. I am really in the maybe column about recommending, but there is not that choice listed. For the price, it was decent, but there were some big no-nos as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The room was very spacious and the bed was extreamly comfy, plenty of pillows. I wish they had had a hot tub, that would have been great after being on the road all day. O and if you are a smokeer becarefull they surprize you with a 10.00 charge for the room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ballwin, Missouri, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hawthorne Suites. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good. The service was friendly and prompt. The pool needs attention, but other than that we were pleased with the experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Placentia, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed here on the way home from picking up my girlfriend from W Virginia. We were both very pleased with the attendants service as well as the overall room quality.
The attendants were extremely friendly and helpful. We needed a place to eat for dinner and some recommendations of places to see that evening and the lady at the lobby was very helpful and pointed us in the right direction.
This hotel is VERY quiet, I almost felt guilty making noise entering and leaving our room. The room was very basic but covers all the amenities. I was also pleased to see that they had very comfortable recliner and huge bed with good quality mattress and sheets.
The room appeared to be very secured and we felt safe staying there.
The only thing that I didnt like about the room was that it shared a door with my neighbor.
Overall, I would recommend this room to all my friends and family. A+ for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed the room and amenities, but the halls, and public areas of the hotel were usually not clean and well maintained. The hall looked like it didn't get vacuumed often, the pool was dirty, the halls smelled of old cigarettes, and the eating area looked a bit grimey. I ended up skimming the pool myself to take a dip! On the other hand, the room had a down comforter, microwave and fridge, and hihgh sped wifi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My non-smoking room smelled like somebody smoked there. The smell was very strong. The area with tables downstairs was dirty. I arrived with a co-worker and we were going to review our presentation downstairs, but tables had smudges of butter on them and there were crumbs all over the chairs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque? Share your experiences!