“nice for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Lufkin, Texas
“nice for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Adequate breakfast and clean room. Bargin for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I was traveling with my 1 year old daughter and this place was near. When we checked in we were not told about where the room was, where/when breakfast was or any other information that the hotel employee usually informs you of, I asked where our room was and was told which direction of the bldg. the room was so, we parked on the end and entered we found out our room was actually on the opposite end of where we were told. I had to take our luggage and my daughter up the stairs and to the end of the smelly HOT hallway. When we got to the room I smelled a stench and of course the toilet had crap in it and it was apparently clogged. I get to the phone to call the front desk and the "0" key doesnt work on the phone. So, we go back down and get another room on the third floor, the elevator is the slowest one ever! I get out my room key and instead my daughter pushes the door right open! I call the front desk and ask if that's safe and if its supposed to open like that and I was told that I just need to lock it from the inside. The tub and sink were dirty and had hair in them, the pillowcases obviously dont get changed because they smell and they had hair on them. It was the worse hotel experience, I told the front desk when checking out but they had better things to do. I will never stay at this old hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I stayed there on American Airlines when they canceled my flight home, & it turned out to be the best of the 4 hotels I stayed at all week as I helped an Native American artist friend David Behrens move his studio across country.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

It’s okay if you just need a place to sleep and aren’t going to spend much time in the hotel doing anything else. Otherwise it’s not a good place to choose. We had two rooms. In one room, the sheets on the bed were visibly dirty when we got there. The gym was small and often all machines were being used by hotel staff in the morning. The breakfast was not great—the eggs were not real and food/drinks were not replenished (so get there in the first 30 minutes). The bar was never open; we were there for 3 nights and it closed before 8pm all nights. For showers in the morning, the hot water did not always work. The "free high speed internet" did not always work either. People staying in both rooms had the same experience. Not a good place to stay overall.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

My son and I were traveling home to the Phoenix area from Oklahoma and stopped for one night at this nice hotel. We used a coupon from one of the roadside coupon books and for a little over $60 had two comfortable queen size beds and a full breakfast the following morning. Don't think there were too many on the 3rd floor where we stayed and it was very quiet. If you turned on the fan on low it easily drowned out any freeway noise. The next morning, the manager greeted us and gave us a 15%-off coupon for a return visit. If we ever go back to Albuquerque, we will consider staying here.

• Stayed February 2010
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

i liekthe service and the staff was very nice.but the room i had was suppose to have a queen size bed and it was a full. is that the standard size beds now? and why did i have to pay extra for as roll away? i called ahead for time and reseved one but they tlod me on check in that it was a addditional 25.00. thats shuld come with the price i paid if your call head. other then that my stay with you was great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I travelled to Albuquerque area for a short business trip. The staff was great. complementary transportation. Room was also very good. Every thing just as I expected. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for great place to stay at great value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque? Share your experiences!