“Such a Friendly Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Clayton
“Such a Friendly Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my "home away from home" while traveling on business. I am here almost every month for a couple of days. The staff all greet me by name and welcome me back. However, I wanted to share my most recent experience with you. I hadn't come since November. So, it had been quite a while. When I checked in, I received my usual warm greeting. Upon opening the door, I found a "toy puppy" made of rolled towels and wash clothes (see photo below) and a great welcome back sign on the bed.

At breakfast the next morning, the staff told me how much they had missed me and how good it was to have me back. As I left in the morning, the manager wished me a great day, and sent an email mid morning again wishing me a great day.

How much better does travel get than this?

What a great place.

By the way, the property and rooms are always clean and neat. Breakfast is great. And the La Quinta chain has a secret weapon - it has the on/off switches for its lamps on the base of the lamps, not hidden up under the shades. The lamp on the desk has a convenient outlet to charge your phone or plug in your laptop.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jason N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Our staff here LOVE coming to work, and they love being unique. This positive atmosphere just makes everyone smile. Thank you for such an excellent review of our property, and your personal experience while staying at your home away from home. We will always be here for you and thank you again for your business.

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff was remarkable, always smiling and asking if they could do anything to improve my stay. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bed was very accommodating. The location was close to where I had business to conduct. The breakfast was complete with eggs and bagels, my favorite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Our beds are really comfortable arent they. I am so glad you had such a positive experience here at your home away from home while visiting Albuquerque. We are here for you if you need us.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My son and his family came to visit us in Albuquerque after the holidays. The enjoyed their stay at this property and were very complimentary of the staff and the room in general. The location was also very good as it is close to the highway. In general they were very happy with their stay at the LQ Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am very happy that you felt assured and confident in the La QUINTA Inn & Suites that you decided to have your family stay with us while they were in town. We are here for you if you need us again during the holidays and thank you for the excellent review.
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a great stay at this location. Check in was quick and smooth. We parked right by a door near the elevator, put everything on a luggage cart and were quickly settled in our 3rd floor room. We slept great and left early. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There's some "hidden" parking in the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Im glad you had an excellent experience at your La QUINTA Inn & Suites Albuquerque, Im glad you feel assured and confident in your hotel choice, and very happy you had such a comfortable stay with us.
Menlo Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here with 2 dogs and found the room clean comfy and quiet. But the staff -from reception to the house keeping staff. They greeted us warmly and made sure all was well just like in the high end spots down the road. If I need a hotel in Albuquerque in the future this will be it!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you very much for recognizing our staff as being the most friendliest and most helpful. I am very proud of everyone that is here for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
WOODLAND PARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our first time staying at this La Quinta location. Since we are headed for Colorado, it is preferable to stay north of I-40 to avoid the heavy traffic, and are just off I-25 which is really easy to access when we leave in the morning. We were very pleased with the service at the front desk and the staff's friendliness. The room was quite nice and comfortable, besides being quiet. The price was excellent for the room. We will definitely plan to stay here next year on our way through again.

Room Tip: Did not use a spa nor the restaurant, as we left before the weekend breakfast time. We were trying t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always a pleasure to get a positive review from our valued guests. I am glad you had an excellent stay with La QUINT Inn & Suites.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW? Share your experiences!