“Go To Another LaQuinta” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
“Go To Another LaQuinta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Short & sweet. Don't stay here. Not clean. Carpets are downright gross. Ice machine broken, suspect door lock on our room, advertised recliners in rooms(not). Even a friendly staff can't make that work

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was a bit small and the lighting was poor for working. However, the internet was useful. I would recommend going to the business center or downstairs to do work, or else you may need glasses sooner than you would like. The weekend breakfast starts at 7:00, which may be a little later for some; I found it forced me to rush to my training at 8:00. Overall, this hotel was fine for someone that needs a room, and does not need a lot of added amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff are all real friendly and real helpful, starting from when I phoned to make my reservation and continued on my arrival all through my stay. The room was clean and despite being so near the freeway (really convenient) was really quite because the soundproofing was very effective and I slept perfectly. The buffet breakfast was excellent and even offered the opportunity to make freshly cooked waffles. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having stayed at many La Quintas, this is the worst I’ve stayed in. I think a contributing factor is that this property used to be another brand, so it’s not really a ‘real’ La Quinta. There’s another La Quinta across the highway that was company built. I mistakenly drove up there first, and it looks the way you expect a LQ to look. It’s probably a much better choice.

This Pan American property is sort of like the early 70s movie that I remember called The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight. The staff is nice enough and they seemed to try hard, but it’s just not up to La Quinta’s standards for cleanliness, quality and experience.

Foremost, the property is run down. My bathtub had a big chip in it and water stains on the bottom. Carpets were worn. Doors were beat-up, scratched and dirty. Rooms are small, and not typical of usual LQ rooms. The elevator walls were scratched and vandalized.

The carpet in the hallways was dirty. It didn’t even look like it had been vacuumed recently. The ice maker on the first floor was out of order, with a sign to go up to the 2nd or 3rd floor. Of course, when I got to the second floor, that one was out of order, too. It would have been nice to say so on the first floor sign.

Location is not great. You’re right on top of the highway and parking is somewhat limited. There are few services at this interchange, just a couple restaurants, but I couldn’t find a gas station nearby.

The pool was covered and clearly not open when I stayed on March 14. Perhaps it’s too early. Probably best anyway, my first floor room’s window was 10 feet from the pool.

Breakfast here was the usual LQ choices of hard boiled eggs, waffles, other breads, some fruit and yogurt.

Thankfully, I was just spending a night passing through, but I wouldn’t stay at this La Quinta ever again. If you need to stay here, such as driving between Denver and Phoenix, try the one listed on San Antonio Drive, across the highway. It looked like the real deal.

Room Tip: Pick the San Antonio Drive La Quinta instead!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

At this hotel's continental breakfast, we asked if there was cold water to drink. They said, "no."
We asked if there was a water fountain in the hall. They said, "no." This is the first time I have not had cold water available at breakfast. This hotel was dirty in the elevators and an obvious lack of vacuuming through the halls. The rooms were just a bit better. This hotel was far from pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here while in ABQ to see the city and the surrounding area. Hotel entrance is actually off Elison but the GPS took us 'around the block' for some reason and brought us down Pan American Frwy. There is lots of parking around the facility so no problem here. Restaurants are all over this area, mostly on the east side of I-25.

Staff was superb and the room was perfect for our needs - we travel with a dog. Hotel is right off I-25 but our room was on the opposite side so no road noise - not that I can say if there was road noise on the other side. Only problem with side we were on is the garbage is stored there and WM comes about 8 AM for the pick up.

Room was clean and tidy after each day when we returned.

We'd stay here again if in ABQ.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW? Share your experiences!