“Mixed Feelings” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Jackson, Wyoming
“Mixed Feelings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The reservation was accurate, the price good and the staff members were nice. My concerns were about safety. I arrived very late on a Thursday night and noticed how active the parking lot still was and that the motel grounds were pretty trashed. Also there was a very visible Security Guard. In driving around the nearby city the next day I saw what the safety concern was about. Many panhandlers have settled into anywhere and everywhere that they don' get hassled .During my time in Albuquerque I was approached by panhandlers numerous times at gas stations, grocery stores,and restaurants. The Motel 6 did not have this problem. I also had the back of my vehicle loaded with my belongings but nothing was taken. The Motel 6 room did have an issue with the ventilation system. Whenever the bathroom fan was turned on it sucked in cigarette smoke from somewhere. Also based on the spill stains, the carpets had not been cleaned in quite some time. For travelers to Albuquerque, be very aware of potential safety issues with the motels that are actually on the on the Rt. 66 strip east of town. Also, for people traveling with dogs, the Motel 6 grounds are very difficult due to the amount of thorny stickers that are everwhere. Check their feet. As for the availability of good food, a very good BBQ joint (Rudy's?) is adjacent to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stockton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We traveled through New Mexico on our way to Atlanta, since we have pets and 3 children who stay for free at Motel 6, we decided to give this one a try.

It is not one of the newer Motel 6, but the rooms had the flatscreens and the staff was nice. We had no issue with any shady individuals and felt safe when we stayed there.

I always check the mattresses, pillows and sheets, they were up to standard. The next day, we were already on our way, when I thought I'd left my electric cigarette in the room.

They were very helpful, even went in the laundry room to check the blankets/sheets. I found it in the computer bag after a re-check of my luggage.

I would stay here again if I'm on a budget, with pets or traveling with family.

• Stayed April 2014
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's hard for a family of four to travel these days, especially with critters and we have two dogs that have to go with us. Only one at the time of our trip to Albuquerque this year, our son's choice in honor of his birthday, and we really don't like to pay extra to take one of our "kids" with us when we don't have to pay for the others. Plus, this location was just a few miles from my Dad's place, so it was only 10 minutes for us to drive between the two locations with traffic. The room was clean, the location convenient, and we'll probably stay there the next time out, unless we're staying with my dad. (He had other company in at the time.)

Room Tip: Opt for the North-end of the backside, if you can, because the rooms seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Zero sleep, Rap music from vehicles from people that were staying here kept me up all night. Complained to the front desk clerk. He didn't give a dam, said there was no security on property at night. If rest and safety are a concern I wouldn't stay here. I've stayed at many motel 6 across the country and have had a good experience. This property is by far the worst I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

The night of 12/24 & 12/25/11 reluctantly I stayed here. I found the room's value to be a substantial amount of cash lower than what I paid, which was about thirty-a-nite. At first, I called the university unit - they were having issues & couldn't book anyone. Sketchy. As a former Albuquerque resident (about 15 yrs) I chose the next closer in proximity (using google maps). Anyhoo, the small, smelly old room was merely equipped with a 27" box TV with a bad picture on a wobbly, scratched dresser. There's an office-style, black telephone from 20a years ago between the beds. (I wouldn't touch it). The beds: main hazardous zone. Consider yourself camping in toxic, Superfund wasteland, only contained in a cement box. Come prepared with camping pad, blankets, tarps, pillows, disinfectant , etc. Preferably disposable stuff. It gets pretty loud in there, due to neighbors, the parking lot, I-40, etc., so crank the teevee speaker. Shower is basic, yet weak. A couple tiny bars of soap and about 3 towels is what you get to use. Sink &the mirror. Parking sucks; super tight & hard to find a spot close to the room because the little lot is crammed with cars, trucks & trailors. Staff don't bother you, they're pretty cool I suppose. Walk to Blake's lotaburger across the parking lot which is sweet. Jump on I-40 in a snap. Free coffee in the lobby, early a.m., if they can brew it fast enough. Definitely recommend going somewhere else, cleaner, newer, quieter. Driving upto to 200 miles away is a much better option ! Seriously didn't like this place but too tired & busy to set-up somewhere else for one more night. So, survived.

• Stayed December 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I would not recommend staying here I would rather stay at shelter. lol The rooms are so dirty it's disgusting! The carpets don't get vacuumed, the comforters have stains and burns in them, the sheets had stains as well. The non-smoking rooms reek of cigarette smoke and are very musky smelling. The towels had hair on them and the bathroom was not clean at all so gross!!! In the other rooms next to me on one side I can hear people partying and it got louder, and on the other side I could hear people having sex on and off and each time got longer and louder and this went on every other night, see I had no choice but to stay there a short time but seemed like forever. For the time that I did stay there I would have to ask the maids to come in and clean the room in which I would stand there making sure they cleaned right I made them scrub my toilets (isn't that their job?). I made sure that I had clean clean sheets and that each week I would ask for a new comforter that it to was clean and didn't stink.
The management was terrible and the people at the front desk were really mean and rude except for Pauline she was the nicest of them all and went out of her way to make sure excellent service was provided. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO MY WORST ENEMY!!
So much for Tom Bodett leaving the light on for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at motel 6 and it was disgusting. The first thing I noticed when I entered the room was the filthy unvacummed floor. That wasn't a big surprise, well not in comparisson to the multiple hairs I found on my towel as I was exiting the shower. I wish I had stayed at the econo lodge across the street for a few dollars more.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle? Share your experiences!