“Not the best, but great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3400 Prospect Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107   |
Ranked #130 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Clovis, New Mexico
“Not the best, but great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's hard for a family of four to travel these days, especially with critters and we have two dogs that have to go with us. Only one at the time of our trip to Albuquerque this year, our son's choice in honor of his birthday, and we really don't like to pay extra to take one of our "kids" with us when we don't have to pay for the others. Plus, this location was just a few miles from my Dad's place, so it was only 10 minutes for us to drive between the two locations with traffic. The room was clean, the location convenient, and we'll probably stay there the next time out, unless we're staying with my dad. (He had other company in at the time.)

Room Tip: Opt for the North-end of the backside, if you can, because the rooms seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Zero sleep, Rap music from vehicles from people that were staying here kept me up all night. Complained to the front desk clerk. He didn't give a dam, said there was no security on property at night. If rest and safety are a concern I wouldn't stay here. I've stayed at many motel 6 across the country and have had a good experience. This property is by far the worst I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

The night of 12/24 & 12/25/11 reluctantly I stayed here. I found the room's value to be a substantial amount of cash lower than what I paid, which was about thirty-a-nite. At first, I called the university unit - they were having issues & couldn't book anyone. Sketchy. As a former Albuquerque resident (about 15 yrs) I chose the next closer in proximity (using google maps). Anyhoo, the small, smelly old room was merely equipped with a 27" box TV with a bad picture on a wobbly, scratched dresser. There's an office-style, black telephone from 20a years ago between the beds. (I wouldn't touch it). The beds: main hazardous zone. Consider yourself camping in toxic, Superfund wasteland, only contained in a cement box. Come prepared with camping pad, blankets, tarps, pillows, disinfectant , etc. Preferably disposable stuff. It gets pretty loud in there, due to neighbors, the parking lot, I-40, etc., so crank the teevee speaker. Shower is basic, yet weak. A couple tiny bars of soap and about 3 towels is what you get to use. Sink &the mirror. Parking sucks; super tight & hard to find a spot close to the room because the little lot is crammed with cars, trucks & trailors. Staff don't bother you, they're pretty cool I suppose. Walk to Blake's lotaburger across the parking lot which is sweet. Jump on I-40 in a snap. Free coffee in the lobby, early a.m., if they can brew it fast enough. Definitely recommend going somewhere else, cleaner, newer, quieter. Driving upto to 200 miles away is a much better option ! Seriously didn't like this place but too tired & busy to set-up somewhere else for one more night. So, survived.

• Stayed December 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I would not recommend staying here I would rather stay at shelter. lol The rooms are so dirty it's disgusting! The carpets don't get vacuumed, the comforters have stains and burns in them, the sheets had stains as well. The non-smoking rooms reek of cigarette smoke and are very musky smelling. The towels had hair on them and the bathroom was not clean at all so gross!!! In the other rooms next to me on one side I can hear people partying and it got louder, and on the other side I could hear people having sex on and off and each time got longer and louder and this went on every other night, see I had no choice but to stay there a short time but seemed like forever. For the time that I did stay there I would have to ask the maids to come in and clean the room in which I would stand there making sure they cleaned right I made them scrub my toilets (isn't that their job?). I made sure that I had clean clean sheets and that each week I would ask for a new comforter that it to was clean and didn't stink.
The management was terrible and the people at the front desk were really mean and rude except for Pauline she was the nicest of them all and went out of her way to make sure excellent service was provided. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO MY WORST ENEMY!!
So much for Tom Bodett leaving the light on for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at motel 6 and it was disgusting. The first thing I noticed when I entered the room was the filthy unvacummed floor. That wasn't a big surprise, well not in comparisson to the multiple hairs I found on my towel as I was exiting the shower. I wish I had stayed at the econo lodge across the street for a few dollars more.

• Stayed May 2011
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Next to I -40 - central area for most activities. Noise from I-40 & other rooms not bad. Most staff rude but not all. Close to Rudy's BBQ (& bar) so many young partyers traveling back & forth. Ask for a room on the backside & you will probably avoid the party crowd. We have 2 large dogs & used the hotels grass next door. Lots of dirt area but filled w/stickers. Rooms are carpeted unlike most Motel 6 these days. Came for vac and loved Albuquerque so much (not the motel), we ended up staying 11 days. The price was rock bottom and rooms were clean (we ended up moving once cuz A/C broke). Across street from state police. Security guard patrols on weekends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
scurley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

Last night I was in Albuquerque on my way to Dallas. I had been driving for nearly 9 hours and it was late, so I decided to get some dinner and a room, any room. The cheapest rooms available were apparently at the Motel 6, according to the $33 rate being advertised.

As I pulled up to the place, I had to walk in a "night lobby," designed so that the customer and desk clerk could communicate through a bullet-proof window. While waiting for the lady in front of me to finish with the clerk, a woman behind me asked if she could borrow my phone. When she gave it back, I noticed that she reeked of cigarettes and had some interesting holes in her jeans, creating a full view of her panties. These things should have been enough a a hint.

My room wasn't that bad, at first. I noticed it was a little small, but hey, it was cheap. The stench of weed in the air was a little disturbing, as was the ashtray with a no-smoking sticker on it, despite the non-smoking room designation. A trip to the bathroom led to the realization that the toilet would run all night, as the flapper was too big for the hole it was covering, not to mention there was crud everywhere in the tank. I took a seat on the bed and turned on the TV. All the channels were fuzzy. The people in the room next to me were fighting. Someone else had just flushed a toilet, but from where I couldn't say. All of this I was willing to deal with, as the room was cheap as could be, but the deal-breaker was the bed.

After I finished flipping through channels I looked down at the comforter. I counted 4 cigarette burns directly in front of where I was sitting. Closer inspection revealed stains. They were everywhere, and white.

It took me about 3 minutes of standing in the middle of the room and just thinking about the place I was actually in before I packed up and got the heck out of there. On the way back to the lobby I noticed an Albuquerque patrol car slowly making its way around the parking lot. The clerk wouldn't give me my money back because it had been over 15 minutes since my check-in time.

The next town over, Moriarty, had a Holiday Inn Express for only triple the price. Just like the commercials said I would, I feel much smarter today.

• Liked — The convenient location.
  • Disliked — The crusty stains on the bed.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle? Share your experiences!