“seeing Red literally @ the Red Roof Inn” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 Candelaria NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107   |
Ranked #129 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
“seeing Red literally @ the Red Roof Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2004

I thought the service and quality @ the Red Roof Inn in Albuquerque, the one on Iliff road, was one of the worst experiences I and members of my family from Arizona have ever experienced. Upon arrival they were told the rooms were not ready, so after a long and exhausting trip they had to gather @ a nearby restaurant. Upon returning they were again forced to wait, they were repeatedly given dirty room after dirty room. At this point they were frustrated and tired, and I embarrassed of the service that I had chosen for them. Their were a number of people encountering the same problem, while others were locked out of their rooms because their keys would not work, most sitting on stairwells in the hot New Mexico sun. At one point after I thought the situation was resolved and I could return home, I received a phone call from my brother and his family stating he was being denied access to his room. The problem; since I had paid for it with my credit card, same last name I might add, I would have to return to the motel and okay their names as guests. Ridiculous. They were reminded and should have made note of this on the account when the reservation was made initially. When you are on vacation time really is of the essence.
I feel that this situation could have been handled better, and in a more friendly and timely manner. I am really disappointed and saddened. Not once was did the manager or the employees offer an apology to my family for the inconvience, nor did they try to make it better for them. The manager of this motel refused to take responsibility for this circus of a situation. Red Roof Inn will probably succeed in a profit this year because of need and demand for their service, but in the future if they do not make their customers and their needs top priority they will eventually lose out to hotels that will. Disappointed in Albuquerque.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)

Been to Red Roof Inn - Midtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn - Midtown

Address: 1635 Candelaria NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Ranked #129 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Roof Inn - Midtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Roof Inn - Midtown Hotel Albuquerque
Red Roof Inn Albuquerque
Albuquerque Red Roof Inn

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn - Midtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.