“Needs a lot of help” 2 of 5 stars

“Needs a lot of help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We checked in to the Red Roof Inn for just one night when we were
driving through New Mexico recently. It was late so we just picked the
cheapest hotel we could find. You definitely get what you pay for.

The location is not a great part of town. The surroundings were very run
down and it was in an industrial area where there wasn't much around.
The only good thing was that it was right next to the highway so at
least we could make a quick escape.

As for the hotel itself, I was underwhelmed by the front desk agent who checked us in to say the least. We asked to be moved off the first floor, which seemed like a hassle for him to do. The rooms themselves are very outdated and there's a lot of wear and tear to the property in general. The paint was peeling, there were holes in the sheets, and the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades. Our only solace was that the shower and sinks were clean. The beds actually weren't that bad in terms of comfort, but it wasn't really much of a saving grace compared to everything else.

Breakfast in the morning was disappointing. They essentially had coffee, cereal, and some pieces of fruit. They also charge you $1.50 security fee automatically when you check in that you then have to ask them to take off the following morning. That's a pretty bad sign I would say.

Probably better just to steer clear of this property, even if it is cheap.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Letisha S, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Let me first start by apologizing for the experience that you had at our Inn. Our first priority is to make all of our guest feel welcome. Although that doesn't seem to be the case in your stay. I will be speaking to my front desk agent about the situation that had occurred. We value all of our guest opinions and thank you for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Salida, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This motel was much better 18 months ago when we stayed here. Room this time was not as clean and beds not very comfortable. The company 40th states LED/LCD TV's in every room but this room had an old tube TV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are working on getting flat screens in all of the rooms. Right now only half the rooms have them as we get through renovations on the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. We thank you for your comments and concerns and our working toward addressing all guest issues.
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

MANAGEMENT'S APOLOGIES AND EXCUSES WILL NOT IMPROVE THIS PROPERTY. At least one street prostitute sighted hanging out at the bottom of the outside stairwell. Gangster wanna-bees and travelers caught unawares are the only occupants here. Horrible industrial area next to I-40. No restaurants or stores within view. Rundown, crumbling property. One bedbug squashed in room. I felt like I needed a shower after just walking down the hall into the room. Indoor pool area looked and felt disgusting. I was embarrassed for my girlfriend but it was too late to go somewhere else without getting charged. There is no way this room was worth $50. Motel 6 would have been a huge step up in this case. They don't even try and keep the place clean to make up for some of the other defects.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are working on "gutting" the hotel with the renovations that will be on going through January 2014. I hope you will give us a chance to regain the trust again. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked our night online for a non-smoking room for about $42, and upon check-in were told there were none left We were soo tired from a long day of driving were accepted this, which began a series of digusting and horrifying discoveries.
Once in the room we discovered that the toilet was full of urine from who knows? cleaning crew? previous tenant? There was a sticker on the toilet paper showing the cleaning crew had been there but it was obvious that placing the sticker was all they had done.
The shower had long black hairs in it, along with the sink having the same long black hairs. The sink was also partially clogged.
The drywall was peeling off the wall by the air conditioner.
Once in bed we found numerous huge holes in the blanket caused by cigarettes. I doubted the linens were even cleaned, as we found several small hairs strewn about.
I have stayed in some shabby hotels and hostels in the third world before, but this hotel was by far the worst I have stayed in. They have some nerve charging what they do, as it is only suitable for crack heads and hookers. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Letisha S, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that your stay here was so uncomfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I have spoken with my staff to assure this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Thank you for your comments and concerns.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We book two rooms with a third party site for a Saturday night. We checked in and we were told that we had they only had one double room and a kind bed. So we took rooms.. We went to the rooms and they double room was dirty. And our other party decided to leave so we canceled that room and after a little bit of calling the third party site and the front desk we canceled one room. The king bed that we took was clean and in a place upstairs. The bed was a squeaky and to flush the toilet we had to hold the handle until it flushed. But for the time we stayed there it was ok. It's right off the interstate and the next morning we got back on the road quickly. The place just needs a little more upgrading and it will be a nice hotel. It's kind of getting dated

• Stayed August 2013
Letisha S, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I'm Sorry to hear you had to cancel one of your rooms due to it not being clean. I will be speaking to my executive Housekeeper to ensure this issue is fixed for future guests. I hope you will give us a second chance the next time our Inn fits your lodging needs.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As soon as we got there they gave us a room that was smoking when we had specifically reserved non smoking, when we told the clerk he said there was nothing he could do as they had no rooms, but I told him that that was no way my three month old baby was going to sleep in a room like that, thats when he hesitantly gave us another room.. About an hour after we got the room I noticed that the walls were splattered with vomit!!! So I went down again and he said there was no rooms and maintaince wouldn't be there till morning so I requested my money back so I could leave somewhere else, he said he couldn't do that.. So I called the 1800 reaervation number and they said they showed several reservations available!!! I was so upset I had to have my baby sleep in a room full of vomit!!! This is completely unacceptable I understand mistakes happen but the least they could do was switch the room and he deliberately said no!! Don't stay there it's not worth the hassle just pay more somewhere else!!

• Stayed July 2013
Letisha S, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I apologize for your experience at our inn. Our first priority is the safety and comfort of our guests and we need to do all that we can to ensure that experience. I have spoken to my team about the expectations of our guest and how we need to go above and beyond those expectations. I hope you will give us a chance to show you this next time you are in town.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked without knowing exactly where this hotel was. It's near a bunch of industrial areas and freeway overpasses. It's an older hotel and I was a little concerned with some of the other guests... I'm put off by people hanging around and drinking beer in the parking lot late at night, not to mention kids running up and down the hallway. For one night? It's an ok choice. For a weekend? Pick another hotel. This property needs some attention from their corporate office.

• Stayed June 2013
I apologize for any concerns you might of had about your safety. We have 16 cameras on property all around our hotel to ensure the safety of our guests. We also have a Guest service agent who watches those cameras 24 hours a day. I can assure you that our number 1 priority is making sure everyone who stays here is safe and feels comfortable, It was most unfortunate that you did not feel this way. I hope you will give us a second chance the next time your in town.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Midtown? Share your experiences!