“Very Impressed. Modern, clean, excellent staff & rate.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #74 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
New York
“Very Impressed. Modern, clean, excellent staff & rate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

Very friendly staff. Asked if we could check in 1 1/2 hours early.
" No Problem!" Front desk called room one hour later to make sure room was to our liking and asked if we needed anything.
Very clean, fresh bed linens. Comfortable mattress. Big, fluffy towels. Clean and spacious living room and office area. Kitchen area had plates, cups, bowls, plasticware, can opener, etc. stored in cupboards.
We went to explore the area and when we came back at 4:30, there were fresh baked cookies and milk set out in the dining room. What a nice touch!
The breakfast was one of the best. Hot breakfast had bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh biscuits and sausage gravy.
Cold breakfast had cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, sweet rolls, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit.
Juices were orange, cranberry and apple. Very good coffee with an assortment of flavored creamers.
Even though dining room was busy, all food and drink was replenished immediately. Tables, counters, etc., were kept sparkling clean.
This hotel offers so much more for the rate. We will stay here every time we need a hotel in Albuquerque. We highly recommend it!

• Liked — Cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HIEABQ, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2009
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We strive to be the best and from your experience it sounds like we did a pretty good job. We encourage you to come back and stay with us again sometime. If you have any questions or comments you can email me at aaron@finehospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

Very clean and well maintained hotel. Yes, the bathroom feng shui has a lot to be desired as far as manuerving about, but the rest of the room was very comfortable. GREAT bed, very comfortable mattress and nice linens. Clean, big fluffy towels. The "firm" pillow was still too soft for me, but I've learned to always bring my own pillow anyway since I'm so picky. There is a mini fridge and a microwave in the room. There's an AppleBee's in the parking lot, other than that there isnt much else within walking distance. There is a WalMart Super Center nearby, I drove over and got cokes and water and snacks for the room. The staff here at the hotel, as well as everyone else around town were some of the nicest people I've run into in all my travels. I stayed at a conference rate but there's a sign on the side of the building that say's Weekend rates start at $84. For a suite hotel that's pretty good. Oh, and you get the free breakfast with their sinful cinnamon roles.

• Liked — Clean, COMFORTABLE, intelligent and very friendly staff
  • Disliked — not much within walking distance, just the AppleBee's
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Indio, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Everything was typically a good HIE, but this older building had a very small toilet/shower area. The sink/vanity is separate, which gives it more room.

Comfortable bed and terrific bedding. Had an Eastern view of sunrise over the Sandia mountain.

Had a king suite with sofa area, desk area, and kitchen area. All very clean.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small shower area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

We're staying here for the Balloon Fiesta. I picked the Holiday Inn Express Midtown because it was centrally located and had a non smoking suite room available. Our room is on the 4th floor and is very clean and very quiet and decorated very tastefully (must be a renovated room?). The bed is a bit soft but comfy. There's a nice writing desk. There's free Wi-Fi. I think what makes the room a "suite" is that there's a little sink/microwave/refrigerator in the sitting area. The staff are very cheery, but maybe lacking a little on the service end (I had pre-requested a crib for our baby, but I had to ask for it again at check-in, and the receptionist asked me if I'd like her to put it on a luggage cart so that I could bring it to the room myself--uh, my arms are full and I have a baby, how about offering to have it delivered to my room or better yet, how about having it ready in my room when I arrive?) There's an Applebees across the parking lot that gives 10% off if you show your room key. "Full" breakfast is included (but is only palatable if you eat Continental breakfast) the eggs, sausage, and biscuits/gravy are all premade and under a heater and are truly disgusting. Some design flaws of the room: I'm not sure I would call the room a suite since it's really one big room with a semi-partition giving some privacy between the bed and the sitting area. The bed and the sofa both face the same TV. Also, the king bed faces the sink that has the most incredibly blinding bright light fixture. The tub/toilet are in a tiny, tiny area; you can't really close the door without some creative maneuvering, and the room has no ventilation so steam and odors invade the room immediately. The A/C unit is below the window and is loud. There's no enclosed closet, which really isn't a problem, but we have a curious baby, and it was difficult to babyproof without a closet. I had to stash the luggage rack up on the shelf above the clothes hangers and had to have the ironing board taken away because he could pull it down off its hanger. Oh well, I don't think I'd recommend this place for a family (definitely not with baby and not enough privacy for parents looking for some private space from their kids), but I'd maybe recommend it to a business traveler or just a couple.

• Liked — quiet, good location, clean, free internet
  • Disliked — poorly designed room layout, yucky breakfast, not really a suite
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and we have nothing but compliments for the hotel and staff. The front desk staff were very helpful and outgoing. The hotel was recently renovated (we had stayed here in 1999) and everything was clean and up-to-date. They served a cold breakfast at 5 am for those of us getting up early to drive to the fiesta and when we returned at 9, we were able to enjoy the hot breakfast. While I did not see the workout room or pool, the business office was complete with 2 computers/printers.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — half wall between rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I booked this room , based on it's convenience to Old town. I thought at first it was new , but realized it was an old amerisuites, just bought by HI express and redone, and I was worried, because I'm picky, and only like to stay at new, modern, clean places. No need to worry. They must have gutted the entire place, in and out. It was lovely. The rooms are all mini suites, and clean, nice modern decor. The bathrooms are on the small side,, but I'll take small and new, vs, large and old. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was very nice, for a freebie. hard boiled and scrambled eggs. Bacon, bisuits with gravy, bagels, bread, cereal, fruit, etc. If you are staying in the area, it is a reasonably priced, nice,modern, clean place to stay.

• Liked — Nice and new
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

We had a very pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our stay was from April 16th. to the 21st.

The staff was extremely helpful and the maids did an excellent job in keeping the room clean and supplied with our needs. Even though it was busy, the employees always managed to help in anyway possible, whether helping with the Internet or a shuttle. They did their job very well and we would definitely stay there again.

The breakfast was an added delight as one did not have to search for somewhere to eat and they never ran out of food.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Ran out of coffee at night
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown? Share your experiences!