“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown

Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown
You added Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   615 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn ) (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #93 of 147 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Bottom line: very good value for the money. The staff were friendly, and the room was clean and spacious. The room that I stayed in, at least, looks like it had been refurbished recently, so it really was a decent space. Even had a little side room with a desk and love seat where I spent a good deal of time working. It's conveniently located, within walking distance of both downtown and the University of NM. Bus stops are nearby as well, and they're a good deal - $2 for an all day bus pass. Also, the hotel is located very close to some good restaurants. I highly recommend the "Holy Cow" gourmet hamburger place across the street - good burgers, good ambiance, awesome milkshakes, and a very friendly owner.
If you want to be nit picky like some of the other reviewers, then yes, you could find a few things that weren't stellar. The towels were indeed thin, though they certainly sufficed. The pool was not incredibly inviting, but it was adequate for a bit of tanning and a dip, and I enjoyed the hour I spent there. And the neighborhood isn't necessarily the most charming I've ever seen, but I didn't fear for my life or anything (but I wasn't a female walking alone at night, either).
I would definitely stay here again on a visit to ABQ. Anybody who gave this less than 4 stars has some crazy high expectations - it really was a fantastic value. (By the way, here's a hint - I got the best price for the room by going directly to the America's Best Value Inn website rather than through another website like Expedia.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you very for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed our location and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm glad i choose this hotel for my 1st visit to beautiful Albuquerque(May 4th to May 8th 2012), The lady at the front was very nice indeed always there to help with any uprising issues, I was in room 211 which was very clean very big and the bed was very big and comfy.

The hotel offers a free breakfast which i never had as i was sleeping late everyday, I needed some sleep as i just finished my busy easter period at Bakers Delight back in Sydney, So i needed the big sleep ins, Im guessing though it would of been nice as the service always was.

You get free highspeed WIFI which was really good and maybe dropped once in the 4 day stay, You also get COMCAST for free with over 100 channels which was just awesome, The bathroom was good and meet my needs, From the outside it does look like your normal American Motor Inn BUT the room was one of the best i have ever stayed in! I paid about $56 a night and i've never stayed in such a nice room for around $50.

The Hotel is close to everything, Nob Hill, Downtown ABQ, The Rail Runner and many Resturants and Cafes, I didn't eat in them as i was on a budget and ate big lunches at Wendys and Dennys.

When i return to Albuquerque i will be staying here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We are glad to have served your needs so well. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Douglas, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a medical emergency and had to abort our Amtrak train vacation and ended up here in Albuquerque NM. This Motel was very inexpensive and the room for the money was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the bedroom had a micro, refrigerator, and a LCD TV.

The staff was very friendly. I would strongly recommend this Motel.

Stayed May 2012
We are located within two blocks of two major hospitals and offer special rates to those who find themselves in need of a place to stay when they have loved ones with a medical issue. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our service, and hope your loved one is doing well.
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Pros: The hotel is very close to downtown, mall, zoo, aquarium, Rail Runner train and many activities. Also, the housekeeper very friendly and the room was very clean and had a big and comfortable king size bed.

Cons: When we reached the hotel there was no receptionist. When she appeared, she had a disheveled appearance and was talking on the phone in another language (I think she is Hindu). She only told us: hi! and she walked to the computer. We thought she was going to check something on the computer, so I decided to review the flyers that were there. We waited 10 minutes and the receptionist was still on the computer, so we approach the computer and my surprise was that he was playing SOLITARIE. He was apparently upset because we interrupt her game and she was very rude with us at the check-in. Next day we went to breakfast and the pancakes were expired and with a green family growing there, so I decided to take an apple from the refrigerator and also, they were putrid (completely). Nasty! And you can not even ask for the manager because the Receptionist = Manager. Since second day, I asked for late check-out (11:00 am normal check-out), and the receptionist asked at what time I would like to leave the hotel? When I said 3 pm because I am a Value Club Member, she said the latest is 12 pm (just 1 more hour), I had no choice but to accept the extra hour. The day of my departure from 11:00 am my access to the room had been eliminated and when we said we had asked for late check-out at 12 pm, she said it hadn’t requested it. So, we decided to rush to get leave the hotel but before 12 pm, again she was asking if we were to go or stay another night? I've never been so happy to leave a hotel. I won’t stay here anymore, not even for free. It's a shame because the rooms are worth the price, but not bad service from Sandy (Receptionist & Manager).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
We apologize for your unsatisfying experience. The issue with the front desk personel turns out to be a misunderstanding. Our breakfast is normally fresh and offers a wide variety. We do not offer pancakes, and we are shocked to hear that there might have been a problem with our fruit. We will be watching our kitchen more closely in the future.
North Richland Hills, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

After reading the reviews we thought this would be a good value hotel. Unfortunately, I would have paid more if I know what it would be like. The rooms are small, no closet (hang your clothes on a metal rod in the room), there are 4 lights in the bathroom above the sink and 2 were burnt out. The walls are paper thin and you can hear your neighbors loud and clear, even at 1 A.M. in the morning. We checked in at about 7 p.m. and the receptionist looked like she was asleep before we got there. Wouldn't stay there and for those that are contemplating...beware.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
We appreciate your review. We have taken steps to fix the problems. We are sure this is not the usual experience when staying at our location.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I am writing this review because I had an EXCELLENT experience staying at the downtown 'America's Value Inn' located at 615 Central Avenue in Albuquerque. I needed a safe, quiet, inexpensive room for 3 nights...and I'm glad that I chose this family-run motel because it turned out to be perfect for what I needed. Sandy + Kenny (East Indian couple) run the place, and they are very nice, friendly and helpful.
Downtown only has a few hotels and they are bunched together on or near Central Ave at the entrance to town. There are some expensive hotels and some inexpensive ones. Some of the inexpensive ones look pretty edgy, and I would avoid them. But the 'Value Inn' had a nice room at a good price, $50 per night ($42 if you are a Value Inn club member) (membership is free and easy online), and the room was the best-appointed room I have ever seen anywhere (and I travel alot) at this price point. Really, the rooms are like little effeciency apartments... they have TV, Internet (that WORKS WELL), Fridge, Microwave, Hairdryer, Iron, Ironing Board, and a decent little continental breakfast (juice, coffee, milk, cereal, muffins) downstairs. The room was clean, and the housekeeper was very friendly. The Motel is located on a fairly busy street, and there is some street noise at night...but if you put the fan or AC on...you don't hear a thing. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with plenty of towels, soaps and shampoos...there's even a small coffee maker (with coffee packets) in the bathroom. The pool is small, and the location isn't fancy...but it felt safe to me, and is very central to everything downtown. There is a nice big coffee shop and a custom burger restaurant across the street...and there is a bus stop right in front of the motel if you need public transportation. The main bus station and 'Rail Runner' is only a few short blocks away. If you don't know Albuquerque, and you are agonizing over where to stay for a few nights..and you are looking for a room around the $50 price-point...The 'America's Value Inn' at 615 Central Ave is a no-brainer. Almost forgot: the bed was big + comfortable too...with plenty of good pillows.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor, about 5 rooms down from the office, and two doors away from the sta...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
We appreciate your great review. We hope that all guests who stay with us will feel this welcome and appreciated at our location.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed at this place for a week. I LOVE it here! I felt totally safe especially the couple of nights that I was by myself. The bed is huge & comfortable. The bathrooms are big & having a great number of cable channels got extra points with us. There is also a refridgerator & microwave.
I arrived earlier than check in time but was in my room within 20mins. Sandy & all her staff are great people & very friendly! We WILL be staying here again!! Thanks guys for helping to make my week long vacation a very relaxing one!

• Stayed September 2011
We appreciate you good review. We enjoyed serving your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown? Share your experiences!