I am writing this review because I had an EXCELLENT experience staying at the downtown 'America's Value Inn' located at 615 Central Avenue in Albuquerque. I needed a safe, quiet, inexpensive room for 3 nights...and I'm glad that I chose this family-run motel because it turned out to be perfect for what I needed. Sandy + Kenny (East Indian couple) run the place, and they are very nice, friendly and helpful.
Downtown only has a few hotels and they are bunched together on or near Central Ave at the entrance to town. There are some expensive hotels and some inexpensive ones. Some of the inexpensive ones look pretty edgy, and I would avoid them. But the 'Value Inn' had a nice room at a good price, $50 per night ($42 if you are a Value Inn club member) (membership is free and easy online), and the room was the best-appointed room I have ever seen anywhere (and I travel alot) at this price point. Really, the rooms are like little effeciency apartments... they have TV, Internet (that WORKS WELL), Fridge, Microwave, Hairdryer, Iron, Ironing Board, and a decent little continental breakfast (juice, coffee, milk, cereal, muffins) downstairs. The room was clean, and the housekeeper was very friendly. The Motel is located on a fairly busy street, and there is some street noise at night...but if you put the fan or AC on...you don't hear a thing. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with plenty of towels, soaps and shampoos...there's even a small coffee maker (with coffee packets) in the bathroom. The pool is small, and the location isn't fancy...but it felt safe to me, and is very central to everything downtown. There is a nice big coffee shop and a custom burger restaurant across the street...and there is a bus stop right in front of the motel if you need public transportation. The main bus station and 'Rail Runner' is only a few short blocks away. If you don't know Albuquerque, and you are agonizing over where to stay for a few nights..and you are looking for a room around the $50 price-point...The 'America's Value Inn' at 615 Central Ave is a no-brainer. Almost forgot: the bed was big + comfortable too...with plenty of good pillows.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Albuquerque
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Travel Inn is a newly remodeled and renovated property. All the amenities at the inn are brand new; from the bedding to the LCD flat screen televisions. We have wireless internet throughout the whole property and also offer a business center computer. We offer great quality at affordable prices. Please come and check us out next time your in Albuquerque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Olotels, Venere, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.