“* EXCELLENT VALUE * FULLY EQUIPPED ROOMS * CENTRAL DOWNTOWN LOCATION *” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   615 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Ranked #94 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Vero Beach, Florida
“* EXCELLENT VALUE * FULLY EQUIPPED ROOMS * CENTRAL DOWNTOWN LOCATION *”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I am writing this review because I had an EXCELLENT experience staying at the downtown 'America's Value Inn' located at 615 Central Avenue in Albuquerque. I needed a safe, quiet, inexpensive room for 3 nights...and I'm glad that I chose this family-run motel because it turned out to be perfect for what I needed. Sandy + Kenny (East Indian couple) run the place, and they are very nice, friendly and helpful.
Downtown only has a few hotels and they are bunched together on or near Central Ave at the entrance to town. There are some expensive hotels and some inexpensive ones. Some of the inexpensive ones look pretty edgy, and I would avoid them. But the 'Value Inn' had a nice room at a good price, $50 per night ($42 if you are a Value Inn club member) (membership is free and easy online), and the room was the best-appointed room I have ever seen anywhere (and I travel alot) at this price point. Really, the rooms are like little effeciency apartments... they have TV, Internet (that WORKS WELL), Fridge, Microwave, Hairdryer, Iron, Ironing Board, and a decent little continental breakfast (juice, coffee, milk, cereal, muffins) downstairs. The room was clean, and the housekeeper was very friendly. The Motel is located on a fairly busy street, and there is some street noise at night...but if you put the fan or AC on...you don't hear a thing. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with plenty of towels, soaps and shampoos...there's even a small coffee maker (with coffee packets) in the bathroom. The pool is small, and the location isn't fancy...but it felt safe to me, and is very central to everything downtown. There is a nice big coffee shop and a custom burger restaurant across the street...and there is a bus stop right in front of the motel if you need public transportation. The main bus station and 'Rail Runner' is only a few short blocks away. If you don't know Albuquerque, and you are agonizing over where to stay for a few nights..and you are looking for a room around the $50 price-point...The 'America's Value Inn' at 615 Central Ave is a no-brainer. Almost forgot: the bed was big + comfortable too...with plenty of good pillows.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor, about 5 rooms down from the office, and two doors away from the sta...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
downtownabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
We appreciate your great review. We hope that all guests who stay with us will feel this welcome and appreciated at our location.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at this place for a week. I LOVE it here! I felt totally safe especially the couple of nights that I was by myself. The bed is huge & comfortable. The bathrooms are big & having a great number of cable channels got extra points with us. There is also a refridgerator & microwave.
I arrived earlier than check in time but was in my room within 20mins. Sandy & all her staff are great people & very friendly! We WILL be staying here again!! Thanks guys for helping to make my week long vacation a very relaxing one!

• Stayed September 2011
We appreciate you good review. We enjoyed serving your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Great value, clean and a great location. Bus stop right outside office and close to highways. Good spots to eat within walking distance. We will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for your review. Our location is right downtown in the heart of it all. The perfect spot for convention center and historic old town.
Carluke, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed here a night on my route 66 trip. As I had found in other Americas best value inns this one did not disappoint in any way. For somewhere to stay these motels are money well spent.
Great service and accommodation .

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you for your review. We are located directly on historic route 66. If your cruising the mother road, we are the perfect spot for a layover in Albuquerque.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

this place is great if your looking for a middle ground between a 5 star hotel and just an inn. the hotel has about 2 or 3 suites..but by suites i mean a regular room with a mini room attached.. but i loved my stay.. i stayed her for about 3 days and i was a tourist and the breakfast was ok not good not bad. but they could of used a toaster.. for breakfast they had wrapped pasteries..fruit .. milk.. muffins... juice .. and simple continental.. but still good for a hotel like that..i stayed with my kids .. they loved it to... even though the pool was closed at the time.. they were relaxed watching cable with hbo.. they even have free wifi.. and not to mention a guest computer in the lobby..so i would strongly suggest you to go here!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
downtownabvi, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for sharing your good experience with us. It is our goal to provide good value and make all of our guests happy. We look forward to seeing you again.
Evanston, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Room and bathroom and sheets were very clean for this price. Nice sheets. Extensive Cable TV, microwave, fridge, air conditioning / heating. Iron and ironing board. Coffee maker. Free wireless internet. The internet dropped sometimes, but that was true at the conference center as well. It was a 3000 person conference, so I think we just overloaded the area's internet capabilities. Room was cramped but bathroom was large. Staff was nice but did not speak good English. Enjoyable breakfast (fruits, cereal, flavored quaker oats, orange juice, donuts/bear claws). No Eggs, but what do you expect :) It's true the pool was closed for the season, but I wasn't here for the pool anyway, I wanted a clean comfortable room, and I got even more amenities than I expected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your expressing your pleasure with our hotel. We pride ourself in offering clean and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to your return.
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Nothing special about this hotel: not sure why it has gotten very positive ratings from others. Noisy area. Pool had been closed as of Oct. 1 but there was no notice of this when I made the reservation (chose hotel largely because of pool for my kid and high Trip Advisor ratings). Bathroom door was broken and wouldn't close. Breakfast was the worst i've ever seen-- no hot food at all, not even a toaster! Just cereal and wrapped pastries. Staff were unfriendly.
Good restaurant (The Grove) across the street, and great diner (66 Diner) about 1/2 mi. away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments as they help us to improve our services. Our pool is seasonal and opens in May until September. Our breakfast is continental and never advertised as a hot breakfast. However, we may consider more items on the breakfast in the future.
Hope to see you again.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!