“Best historic motel in Albuquerque - a movie set !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossroads Motel

Crossroads Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Crossroads Motel
You added Crossroads Motel to your Saves list
1001 Central N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Ranked #132 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Pittsburgh
“Best historic motel in Albuquerque - a movie set !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

"Breaking Bad" is filmed at this motel. IT IS WORTH THE STAY !!!! Some say it is haunted, but I didn't experience that, but it is worth serious investigation. This is like spending the night at Paramount Studios, but for at a seriously discounted price (under $40.00). The pool was great, the staff was charming, the room was clean and nobody died during our visit! Just make sure your reservations don't conflict with the film studio when it rents ALL of the rooms for the on-location filming for Breaking Bad - one of the hottest shows on TV !!! As to the bulletholes in the 2nd floor hallway - that's just a small part of the charm of this place. I'll be back !!!! LOVED IT !!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
noneya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

Not only did they attempt to charge me $46 for a queen at 1:30 in the morning, I had to say I prefer a King for that price, the next morning when I explained that I would like a partial discount credited to my credit card because of how filthy the room was, the crypt keeper at the front desk immediately and fervently refused. Her excuse? A movie had been filmed there recently and someone must have been given access to that room but they weren't supposed to dirty it up and if I had a problem with it I should have stood at the office window in the middle of the January night and told them about the blanket with hair all over it and the BLACK footprints in the bath tub. Disgusting, don't fall into the Crossroads Motel trap, no telling what you'll find!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
UsedtaLiveHere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The woman at the desk that night was very nice, I thought. I said the quoted price ($45) was a bit highand she asked me ehat I wantedt to pay. I said $35, as it seemed comparable to a Motel 6, and she agreed. I went to bed thinking that well, the nice thng about independents is that you can talk to decision-makers.

Problem is she charged me $45 anyway.\

OK, so maybe what we had here was a failure to communicate. I pointed this out at the desk and was told no way, they never charge less than $45. I said that Motel 6 charges less and they manage not to have stains on their sheets. The woman denied that the sheets were stained and when I showed them to her said I must have done it myself. The stain was perhaps mustard, but I would prefer not to have to speculate about such things. Nothing I had done would account for it.

Also the sink was stopped up. "That happens a lot" was the comment on that.

For comparison purposes, Motel 6 was charging $37 at the time and Rodeway charged me $32 for a very clean room with a continental breakfast, so if you are budget conscious you really don't have to put up with this.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
californiaflygirl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

It was late and I just couldn't go any further. I had driven from Denver on my way to Phoenix. Put gas and saw this little 50's or 60's type motel. It said "open" so I rang the bell. She said it would be $30 for one night. I said OK. Room was purple & marroon block walls, but it was clean. Only saw one roach all night. Linens were clean. Towels very thin and small, but hey, what do you want in the middle of the night in the middle of a trip? The next day I dropped the key in the drop box and left.

About 2 weeks later, another $30 charge was put on my credit card. Hello! Notified my credit card company immediately. If you stay here, I would suggest CASH. Nice woman on the desk at night ;-)

• Liked — The woman at the front desk was really nice!
  • Disliked — Additional charges to my credit card at a later date
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Crossroads Motel? Share your experiences!