“This is the hospitality business after all ...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossroads Motel

Crossroads Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Crossroads Motel
You added Crossroads Motel to your Saves list
1001 Central N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Ranked #134 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“This is the hospitality business after all ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I were in Albuquerque on vacation, part of our trip was spent taking photos of historic Route 66 landmarks and Breaking Bad locations. We thought it would be amazing to stay at the Crossroads Motel since we are such fans of the show ... mistake, big time! We didn't even make it into the front office before things went bad.

Before going inside, we went to take a picture of the motel, the woman (I'm assuming she was the owner by the way she was talking) came storming outside and started getting in our faces about why we were taking photos and where we were from. Let me add that we looked like tourists: out of state plates, camera in hand, neither of us are intimidating looking. I could understand if we showed up in the middle of the night acting strange, but it was 11 in the morning! After I explained what we were doing, she calmed down and started the back track a little, but seriously! I am sure she has people stopping all the time to take photos because of Breaking Bad, and I'm sure she has had her share of crazies making trouble, but that did not justify the way she treated us. Breaking Bad has probably brought her plenty of business, not to mention a income for using her location prominently in the show. Needless to say, we did not stay there and never will.

What made the entire situation funny was that she looked like Crossroads Wendy from Breaking Bad ... if you watch the show you know who I mean! There are plenty of other historic places to stay in ABQ, drive on past this one. If you want a photo for your Breaking Bad fan collection, take it from your car at the light or park across the street.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
ReignMadden, Manager at Crossroads Motel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
It's true that the Crossroads does get many people photographing the motel that are fans of Breaking Bad and other movies that have been filmed here. The fans that we find most favorable are the ones who come to the office to identify themselves before taking pictures. We welcome people from all over the world who come to Albuqerque to tour the various film locations. We look forward to meeting more fans and talking Breakimg Bad. Happy travels.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

"Breaking Bad" is filmed at this motel. IT IS WORTH THE STAY !!!! Some say it is haunted, but I didn't experience that, but it is worth serious investigation. This is like spending the night at Paramount Studios, but for at a seriously discounted price (under $40.00). The pool was great, the staff was charming, the room was clean and nobody died during our visit! Just make sure your reservations don't conflict with the film studio when it rents ALL of the rooms for the on-location filming for Breaking Bad - one of the hottest shows on TV !!! As to the bulletholes in the 2nd floor hallway - that's just a small part of the charm of this place. I'll be back !!!! LOVED IT !!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
noneya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

Not only did they attempt to charge me $46 for a queen at 1:30 in the morning, I had to say I prefer a King for that price, the next morning when I explained that I would like a partial discount credited to my credit card because of how filthy the room was, the crypt keeper at the front desk immediately and fervently refused. Her excuse? A movie had been filmed there recently and someone must have been given access to that room but they weren't supposed to dirty it up and if I had a problem with it I should have stood at the office window in the middle of the January night and told them about the blanket with hair all over it and the BLACK footprints in the bath tub. Disgusting, don't fall into the Crossroads Motel trap, no telling what you'll find!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
UsedtaLiveHere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The woman at the desk that night was very nice, I thought. I said the quoted price ($45) was a bit highand she asked me ehat I wantedt to pay. I said $35, as it seemed comparable to a Motel 6, and she agreed. I went to bed thinking that well, the nice thng about independents is that you can talk to decision-makers.

Problem is she charged me $45 anyway.\

OK, so maybe what we had here was a failure to communicate. I pointed this out at the desk and was told no way, they never charge less than $45. I said that Motel 6 charges less and they manage not to have stains on their sheets. The woman denied that the sheets were stained and when I showed them to her said I must have done it myself. The stain was perhaps mustard, but I would prefer not to have to speculate about such things. Nothing I had done would account for it.

Also the sink was stopped up. "That happens a lot" was the comment on that.

For comparison purposes, Motel 6 was charging $37 at the time and Rodeway charged me $32 for a very clean room with a continental breakfast, so if you are budget conscious you really don't have to put up with this.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
californiaflygirl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

It was late and I just couldn't go any further. I had driven from Denver on my way to Phoenix. Put gas and saw this little 50's or 60's type motel. It said "open" so I rang the bell. She said it would be $30 for one night. I said OK. Room was purple & marroon block walls, but it was clean. Only saw one roach all night. Linens were clean. Towels very thin and small, but hey, what do you want in the middle of the night in the middle of a trip? The next day I dropped the key in the drop box and left.

About 2 weeks later, another $30 charge was put on my credit card. Hello! Notified my credit card company immediately. If you stay here, I would suggest CASH. Nice woman on the desk at night ;-)

• Liked — The woman at the front desk was really nice!
  • Disliked — Additional charges to my credit card at a later date
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Crossroads Motel? Share your experiences!