“Nothing Fancy but the value was there.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ogden
“Nothing Fancy but the value was there.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were in town for the PowWow and working a booth, so we did not need a room with lots of amenities. The room was old looking, clean neat and the bed decent. Having the kitchenette for breakfast and in our case, very late dinner, was really nice as we were keeping odd hours. The TV's were new flat screens. The front desk staff were pleasant and accomodating, finding ice cube trays and giving us extra coffee. We had smoking rooms, as one of us smokes, and they bought a candle for the second room because it smelled bad. It is my experience that smoking rooms are always shabbier than the rest of the hotel. One of the rooms had a warped door on the refrigerator and would not make ice until we stuffed a wet rag in the opening between the door and the frame. Nothing fancy but the room was cheap and close to the Powwow and we'd stay again. Towards Gibson the neighborhood is good, but 2 blocks in the other direction we polled into a 7-11 at night that was scary. They would not give us a receipt because we had paid online.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Front desk was not very professional when I checked in. Bed was so hard I might as well have been sleeping on the floor. I had a non-smoking room but it smelled very strongly of smoke. Phone did not work and when I tried repeatedly to call the front desk from my cell phone there was no answer. I have stayed at much nicer hotel for the same price and would not use this hotel again nor will I recommed it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

close to airport, clean comfy room, mini-kitchen/2 burner stove&microwave, fridge
front desk staff very friendly and efficient (very above average in this respect)

Room Tip: back side (odd numbers) seems to be quieter
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

FOR THE PRICE, not bad - just don't expect anything fancy. My main complaint was that I had a non-smoking room, but that room had definitely been smoked in before, it still had that musty smoke smell. I had the room right outside the office so at any given time (and at all hours) there was always some sort of commotion going on outside, although that's not the fault of the hotel. Again, in a pinch if I had to I'd stay there again but I'd definitely check availability of others first. You definitely get what you pay for - if you're fine with that, you can have a decent stay.

Room Tip: If possible try to get a room away from the main office - it was like Grand Central Station in there...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We booked this last minute for the Balloon Festival as it was one of the few hotels that had rooms available for less than $100 per night. I did stay at an ESA in ABQ last year and it was not this one, but that one was better. We got this for $65/night on Orbitz which is a good deal for the very busy week. It is by the airport and not super close to our friends in Rio Rancho but we managed. I booked 2 double beds NON SMOKING. Well we checked in on a Thur and the room reeked of cigarettes. I tried to get another room and the guy said they had nothing else available. Overall the room was ok..had a kitchenette..cable TV...very small bathroom. Was clean but the towels were small and we had to ask for more as 3 were not adequate for 4 people for a week. Also bring your own shampoo and toiletries as they do not give you enough for your stay. I prefer to avoid Extended lodging for short hotel stays as there is no maid service and limited amenities but we didnt have alot of choices avail. However I have asthma, and when I book a non smoking room I expect non smoking. My clothes still reek of the smell. The internet is a one time charge of $4.99 and it was easy and fast enough to post pics and web surf. On a positive note..this hotel was overall quiet. We slept good all 3 nights. This hotel was not in the most ideal area and the smoking room kills my future business as a non smoking room is a must. I did not put up a fuss though because it did not bother my husband or kids so I managed but I will try to avoid this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: make sure you get non smoking if you want non smoking. many rooms reek of cigarette smoke according...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I booked this room on Orbitz, but when I arrived at the hotel I realized I had not confirmed the reservation. The front desk went above and beyond to accomodate us. The room was clean, very quiet and five minutes from the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

Extended stay america and its affiliates. Are royal seal constructions 1st choice

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport? Share your experiences!