“Convenient location, but .....” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Albuquerque South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Avenida Cesar Chavez SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102   |
Ranked #123 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Convenient location, but .....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

When we arrived, we were greeted and checked in very quickly and efficiently. BUT, there was a family staying a couple doors from us and they were having a family crisis. The hotel mgmt. Told us the police had been. Called, but after several hours we were told the police would do nothing! The next morning when we checked out, we were told the hotel manager had 'evicted' that family.

The hotels wi-fi service was terrible! Very slow and they would only give each room one access code.

The hotel was very noisy! We heard every footstep from the room above us!

As a parting "gift" -- as we were taking our showers, water started leaking from the bathroom ceiling!

Room Tip: We will not stay at this hotel in the future!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Terlingua, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

If it were not for the fact that it's within minutes of the VA Hospital I'd have checked out and gone somewhere else. Motel 6 web site recants reviews of problems with hot water; that's not a problem but the faucet is either on full blast spraying water over everything or it's off. Flushing the toilet didn't complete the desired job (now that just about got me!)
This has to be an older Motel 6 since the sound barriers are non-existent. I'm listening to the TV in the room behind mine, the highway (I-25) outside the window and the fellow next door who can't just place something on the "desk" which is back to back with mine. There may as well be no walls. I'll be calling Motel 6 when I get home.

Room Tip: Another Motel 6 (thee are 6 in Albuquerque would be my suggestion
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Infested with bugs. Climbing all over floor. Our Baby Boy was bit on his ear while sleeping in bed. Rooms are small, having been in and out of jail at younger age, the room brought back memories of being locked up. Nothing really provided for comfort. No frig or microwave. Had to pay extra for internet. Kept asking for extra washcloths. Was told they didn't have any extra. Room only came with one for the four of us to share. Banging noise from highway grates kept us up most of the night. Not really a good place for extended stay. But with the low price they charge, We got what we paid for. Cheapness.

Room Tip: Try elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Buena Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The room was pretty typical Motel 6, I had the single bed so I had plenty of room With two beds this would have been a little hard to move around in.

There was enough electrical outlets, but a couple of them were "fatigued" meaning that my USB charger would slip out. I had to resort to using my extension cables. I always carry a couple of extension cords and 3 in 1 electrical adapters because many motels just don't seem to realize how important these are.

Parking was a little tight in the section my room was in.

While the motel is close to the central area of Albuquerque there was not much nearby in terms of restaurants and stores.

The stadium that hosts the local minor league team (isotopes) is about a mile away.

The TV is old school, it had not yet been upgraded.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here on the way home from our vacation in Mexico. At 4:30 am someone was pounding on our door and yelling fire, fire.
I opened my door to look to see what was on fire and it was my van, loaded and packed with all of our belongings. My 4 month old puppy was also inside the vehicle in her kennel.
The motel did not have any working fire alarm or smoke detectors in the room we were in or next to us. The motel caught on fire as the fire moved up towards the front of my van on top where my luggage was tied. The fire was started on the top of all my luggage and my baby stroller so no flames were inside my vehicle until after we opened the side door to try and rescue my dog. The smoke was smoldering inside by that time and the dog was already dead. I ran back into my room and called 911. It took them at least 30 minutes to arrive and by that time my van was already destroyed as well as everything inside. The motel was on fire and upstairs the guests barely got out before being trapped by the flames. I went back to this motel a month later and the room was all re-done and as I drove around back I found a homeless campout which appears to be where many people hang out. We were also informed by another guest that night that this motel has many many problems. I would never have stayed there that night if I knew about the homeless camp behind their dumpster area. Very dangerous motel. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Use priceline from now on and bid on two and a half star rooms and start around 55 dollars. U will...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My dad and I stayed 2 nights. We had great service while staying. All the people who worked there were so nice and accommodating to our needs.
One clerk went out of her way to go get us a pillow that we needed. She had leave and lock the office to go get it but was so happy to help. It was very appreciated and kind!
As far as the conditions go it was pretty much what you would expect. Our non smoking room didn't have even a hint of previous smoking in it. The floors were hardwood and clean which we loved! The shower was clean with good water pressure, nice and hot too. There was a $2 charge per day for wifi but we found we didn't really need it.
This is also in a pretty good location for visiting popular places in Albuquerque.
Highly recommended if you need a less expensive hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Waukon, Iowa, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A well adorned Motel 6, easy to get too from I25 and one exchange north of the Airport. It was neat, clean, quiet but what set it apart was the gal at the front desk. She had all the answers to all of my questions and was the front desk experience I had on a 2 week rip. It's a typical 6, tight quarters in the room, dated furniture but it was squeaky clean, and a good sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Albuquerque South - Airport? Share your experiences!